if you will be going to Kathmandu I suggest the Nirvana Garden Hotel in Thamel. They can be contacted thru email (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is a great hotel set back from the main street. The people are very sweet and accommodating. A double is around $45-50 per night. Also if you are looking for a unique nice place to eat and shop try Barber Mahal (Revisisted). It is the best of the best in Kathmandu. Simply Shutters is a fabulous place to eat. Barber Mahal is an old royal stable that has been converted into a shopping complex. Ask your hotel about it.
I have info on Nepal
View all Asia activity »
- 1 introduce myself
- 2 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 3 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 4 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 5 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 6 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 7 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 8 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 9 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 10 independent travel in India
- 11 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 12 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 13 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 14 Magical India
- 15 geisha performance
- 16 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 17 Trip report China
- 18 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 19 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 20 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 21 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 22 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 23 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 24 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 25 Myanmar and Mt Popa