I got a job offer as an elementary teacher at an international school in Hong Kong. It pays $ 2500 monthly, but it DOESN'T include housing, insurance or return flight tickets home. In other words, I'd be working as if I had been hired as a "local hire teacher" rather than as a "foreign teacher".
The payment for foreign hire teachers is the same, but it DOES include housing, insurance and flight return tickets home once a year. Housing for both "local" and "foreign" teachers is on the school campus.
What do you think of this? My main concern is the cost of living in Hong Kong with this salary, and yes, I would need to fly home, at least, once a year. I live in South America, and return flight tickets cost $ 1800.
Thanks for your time and input,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 "necessities" for India
- 2 ATMs in Japan
- 3 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 4 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 5 Four Best Sakura Sightseeing Places in Tokyo
- 6 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 7 50th Anniversary trip
- 8 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 9 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 10 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 11 Mandalay questions
- 12 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 13 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 14 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 15 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 16 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 17 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 18 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 19 Help - India take 2
- 20 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 21 CNX late arrival?
- 22 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 23 best singapore hotel
- 24 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 25 is this a good travel plan?