The hike up the mountain is really fun and a really good workout. The stairs are pretty punishing but it is fun and well worth being energetic and not getting the cable car up as it is really satisfying when you reach the top and this may be the only chance you get to enjoy some quiet time on the mountain. The views from top really are spectacular but it is hardly 'spiritual' and is spoiled a bit by the volume of people and their questionable manners. Heading up from the north peak to the east peak is recommended as it is quieter here than at the south peak where the hordes are heading... Avoid the town as it has very little to offer outside of the mountain - crap hotels. Crap restaurants and very little to see besides the mountain.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sightseeing suggestions for Manila
- 2 My trip report from the Philippines
- 3 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 4 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 5 Art in Shanghai
- 6 One week in Thailand
- 7 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 8 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 9 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 10 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 11 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 12 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 13 Where to Play Basketball In Phuket
- 14 Cebu/Bohol - where to stay, how to see Chocolate Hills
- 15 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 16 Thailand mid-December
- 17 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 18 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 19 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 20 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 21 What I like about Mumbai
- 22 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 23 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 24 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 25 Indian visa