The hike up the mountain is really fun and a really good workout. The stairs are pretty punishing but it is fun and well worth being energetic and not getting the cable car up as it is really satisfying when you reach the top and this may be the only chance you get to enjoy some quiet time on the mountain. The views from top really are spectacular but it is hardly 'spiritual' and is spoiled a bit by the volume of people and their questionable manners. Heading up from the north peak to the east peak is recommended as it is quieter here than at the south peak where the hordes are heading... Avoid the town as it has very little to offer outside of the mountain - crap hotels. Crap restaurants and very little to see besides the mountain.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 2 1st time Japan - solo female
- 3 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 4 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 5 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 6 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 Odyssey unlimited
- 9 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 10 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 11 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 12 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 13 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 19 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!