The hike up the mountain is really fun and a really good workout. The stairs are pretty punishing but it is fun and well worth being energetic and not getting the cable car up as it is really satisfying when you reach the top and this may be the only chance you get to enjoy some quiet time on the mountain. The views from top really are spectacular but it is hardly 'spiritual' and is spoiled a bit by the volume of people and their questionable manners. Heading up from the north peak to the east peak is recommended as it is quieter here than at the south peak where the hordes are heading... Avoid the town as it has very little to offer outside of the mountain - crap hotels. Crap restaurants and very little to see besides the mountain.
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Wait time for Vietnam visa on arrival
- 2 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 3 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 4 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 5 Magical India
- 6 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 7 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 8 Burma, Myanmar Visa On Arrival (VOA) Is Available And Is As Easy As ...
- 9 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 10 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 11 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 12 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 13 Trip report China
- 14 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 15 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 16 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 19 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 20 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 21 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 22 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 23 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 24 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 25 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?