The hike up the mountain is really fun and a really good workout. The stairs are pretty punishing but it is fun and well worth being energetic and not getting the cable car up as it is really satisfying when you reach the top and this may be the only chance you get to enjoy some quiet time on the mountain. The views from top really are spectacular but it is hardly 'spiritual' and is spoiled a bit by the volume of people and their questionable manners. Heading up from the north peak to the east peak is recommended as it is quieter here than at the south peak where the hordes are heading... Avoid the town as it has very little to offer outside of the mountain - crap hotels. Crap restaurants and very little to see besides the mountain.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 2 Stop-over in Seoul
- 3 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 4 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 5 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 6 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 7 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 8 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 9 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 10 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 11 meeting at beijing airport
- 12 One week in Tokyo
- 13 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 14 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 15 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 16 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 17 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 18 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 19 Hotel in Singapore
- 20 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 21 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 22 Bali - January 2015
- 23 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 24 Visa Cambodia
- 25 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions