The hike up the mountain is really fun and a really good workout. The stairs are pretty punishing but it is fun and well worth being energetic and not getting the cable car up as it is really satisfying when you reach the top and this may be the only chance you get to enjoy some quiet time on the mountain. The views from top really are spectacular but it is hardly 'spiritual' and is spoiled a bit by the volume of people and their questionable manners. Heading up from the north peak to the east peak is recommended as it is quieter here than at the south peak where the hordes are heading... Avoid the town as it has very little to offer outside of the mountain - crap hotels. Crap restaurants and very little to see besides the mountain.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 2 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 3 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 4 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 5 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 9 How safe is Delhi/India
- 10 Malaria
- 11 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 12 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 13 Vietnam and coffee
- 14 I'm going to Japan!
- 15 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 16 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 17 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 18 Cherry blossom
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?