This is my experience from my travel to India.
Guides man, between 100 and 400 rupees, depending on whether the whole day or just a few hours and especially depending on whether you liked it or not. Guides are paid by the agency so that the tip is a complement to what they have paid.
Guides nonprofessionals are everywhere and they speak Spanish swear, lie, just know two words ... there is always a price that agree with them to a priori then no problems or anger, however much you say they are students .. bla bla bla ... always agree a price before you let anyone accompany you. 100 or 200 rupees is just fine for one of these guides for one or two hours.
Driver usual 300 to 500 rupees per day, although I think a lot was what we were told and do not worry if you give less and takes care of reclamártelo the best ... so always give less ....
Driver sporadic, that is with thee one or two days ... this with between 100 and 200 per day is enough.
Restaurants in the most posh they ask for 10% in the rest you can leave whatever you want.
Hotel services (porters, which brings you the towel, you ....) here at the discretion of each but with between 5 and 10 rupees are more than enough, they will always be there standing next to the door to see if loose something, so if you do not want to tip, you give them hand and give them despedís the hint ....
Shoes, everywhere you have to remove your shoes are the shoes someone who cares ... we started paying 10 rupees for every pair of shoes, but one day we saw a guide who paid five rupees for the three pairs so we realized that with leave 5 or 10 for the shoes of the three was more than enough.
The rest of my travel info in http://viajesdenacho.blogspot.com.es/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 2 Sri Lanka in December
- 3 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 4 New Thai Visa
- 5 january 31 in colombo
- 6 Serendipity Srilanka
- 7 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 8 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand
- 9 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 10 Traffic and Police in India
- 11 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 12 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 13 New Years in Japan
- 14 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 15 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 3 weeks in Japan
- 18 A first time for everything in Japan
- 19 India Tour Companies
- 20 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 21 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 22 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 23 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 24 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 25 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought