This is my experience from my travel to India.
Guides man, between 100 and 400 rupees, depending on whether the whole day or just a few hours and especially depending on whether you liked it or not. Guides are paid by the agency so that the tip is a complement to what they have paid.
Guides nonprofessionals are everywhere and they speak Spanish swear, lie, just know two words ... there is always a price that agree with them to a priori then no problems or anger, however much you say they are students .. bla bla bla ... always agree a price before you let anyone accompany you. 100 or 200 rupees is just fine for one of these guides for one or two hours.
Driver usual 300 to 500 rupees per day, although I think a lot was what we were told and do not worry if you give less and takes care of reclamártelo the best ... so always give less ....
Driver sporadic, that is with thee one or two days ... this with between 100 and 200 per day is enough.
Restaurants in the most posh they ask for 10% in the rest you can leave whatever you want.
Hotel services (porters, which brings you the towel, you ....) here at the discretion of each but with between 5 and 10 rupees are more than enough, they will always be there standing next to the door to see if loose something, so if you do not want to tip, you give them hand and give them despedís the hint ....
Shoes, everywhere you have to remove your shoes are the shoes someone who cares ... we started paying 10 rupees for every pair of shoes, but one day we saw a guide who paid five rupees for the three pairs so we realized that with leave 5 or 10 for the shoes of the three was more than enough.
The rest of my travel info in http://viajesdenacho.blogspot.com.es/
How work the TIPS in india....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Gluten free in Japan?
- 2 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 3 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 4 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 5 Help re. Visa.
- 6 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 7 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 8 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 9 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 10 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 11 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 12 Need a guide in Burma?
- 13 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 14 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 15 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 16 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 17 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 18 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 19 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 20 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 21 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 22 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 23 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 24 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 25 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help