This is my experience from my travel to India.
Guides man, between 100 and 400 rupees, depending on whether the whole day or just a few hours and especially depending on whether you liked it or not. Guides are paid by the agency so that the tip is a complement to what they have paid.
Guides nonprofessionals are everywhere and they speak Spanish swear, lie, just know two words ... there is always a price that agree with them to a priori then no problems or anger, however much you say they are students .. bla bla bla ... always agree a price before you let anyone accompany you. 100 or 200 rupees is just fine for one of these guides for one or two hours.
Driver usual 300 to 500 rupees per day, although I think a lot was what we were told and do not worry if you give less and takes care of reclamártelo the best ... so always give less ....
Driver sporadic, that is with thee one or two days ... this with between 100 and 200 per day is enough.
Restaurants in the most posh they ask for 10% in the rest you can leave whatever you want.
Hotel services (porters, which brings you the towel, you ....) here at the discretion of each but with between 5 and 10 rupees are more than enough, they will always be there standing next to the door to see if loose something, so if you do not want to tip, you give them hand and give them despedís the hint ....
Shoes, everywhere you have to remove your shoes are the shoes someone who cares ... we started paying 10 rupees for every pair of shoes, but one day we saw a guide who paid five rupees for the three pairs so we realized that with leave 5 or 10 for the shoes of the three was more than enough.
The rest of my travel info in http://viajesdenacho.blogspot.com.es/
How work the TIPS in india....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 vietnam and laos
- 2 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 3 2nd location on the beach
- 4 Hanoi driver wanted
- 5 Missing Air Asia flight
- 6 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 7 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 8 Your favorites in south India & places you'd probably not recommend
- 9 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 10 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 11 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 12 Thailand - Food recos
- 13 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 14 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 15 Laos for the backpacker
- 16 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 17 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 18 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 19 Thailand Hotel
- 20 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 21 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 22 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 23 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 24 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 25 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental