This is my experience from my travel to India.
Guides man, between 100 and 400 rupees, depending on whether the whole day or just a few hours and especially depending on whether you liked it or not. Guides are paid by the agency so that the tip is a complement to what they have paid.
Guides nonprofessionals are everywhere and they speak Spanish swear, lie, just know two words ... there is always a price that agree with them to a priori then no problems or anger, however much you say they are students .. bla bla bla ... always agree a price before you let anyone accompany you. 100 or 200 rupees is just fine for one of these guides for one or two hours.
Driver usual 300 to 500 rupees per day, although I think a lot was what we were told and do not worry if you give less and takes care of reclamártelo the best ... so always give less ....
Driver sporadic, that is with thee one or two days ... this with between 100 and 200 per day is enough.
Restaurants in the most posh they ask for 10% in the rest you can leave whatever you want.
Hotel services (porters, which brings you the towel, you ....) here at the discretion of each but with between 5 and 10 rupees are more than enough, they will always be there standing next to the door to see if loose something, so if you do not want to tip, you give them hand and give them despedís the hint ....
Shoes, everywhere you have to remove your shoes are the shoes someone who cares ... we started paying 10 rupees for every pair of shoes, but one day we saw a guide who paid five rupees for the three pairs so we realized that with leave 5 or 10 for the shoes of the three was more than enough.
The rest of my travel info in http://viajesdenacho.blogspot.com.es/
How work the TIPS in india....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 2 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 3 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 4 Takayama ideas in April?
- 5 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 6 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 7 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 8 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 9 3 Weeks in Japan - Please critique my itineary
- 10 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 11 India
- 12 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 13 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 14 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 15 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 16 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 17 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 18 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 19 Penang
- 20 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 21 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 22 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 23 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 24 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 25 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia