I am currently planning my honeymoon for Feb 2005. We are going to the Maldives for 6 nights (already booked) and were looking at spending another 6 nights in Sri Lanka.
As the week in the Maldives will be relaxing on the beach we were looking to do a bit more with our time in Sri Lanka, but do not want to rush around too much.
This is what I am proposing. Any feedback/suggestions would be most appreciated
Day 1 Colombo, Galle Face Hotel
Day 2 go to Elephant Orphanage. Overnight Kanalama Hotel
Day 3 Visit Rock Fortress. Overnight Tea Factory
Day 4 go to Yala Reserve. Overnight Yala Hotel
Day 5/6 Lighthouse Hotel
Day 7 fly home (late at night)
Is this too much. Any suggestions? Also any recommendations on getting a driver for this period.
How to spend a week in Sri Lanka?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 2 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 5 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 6 Angkor - when to go?
- 7 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 8 Anyone book tour with Vietnam Private Tours?
- 9 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 10 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 11 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 12 India with 4 kids
- 13 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 14 Travel during China national week?
- 15 Destination Bangkok, again
- 16 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 17 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 18 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 19 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 20 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 21 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 22 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 23 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 24 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 25 Bagan Guide Recommendation