I am currently planning my honeymoon for Feb 2005. We are going to the Maldives for 6 nights (already booked) and were looking at spending another 6 nights in Sri Lanka.
As the week in the Maldives will be relaxing on the beach we were looking to do a bit more with our time in Sri Lanka, but do not want to rush around too much.
This is what I am proposing. Any feedback/suggestions would be most appreciated
Day 1 Colombo, Galle Face Hotel
Day 2 go to Elephant Orphanage. Overnight Kanalama Hotel
Day 3 Visit Rock Fortress. Overnight Tea Factory
Day 4 go to Yala Reserve. Overnight Yala Hotel
Day 5/6 Lighthouse Hotel
Day 7 fly home (late at night)
Is this too much. Any suggestions? Also any recommendations on getting a driver for this period.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 5 weeks in Japan
- 4 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 5 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 6 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 7 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 8 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 9 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 10 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 11 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 13 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 14 Lodge in Borneo
- 15 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 16 China and Japan help
- 17 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 18 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 19 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 20 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 21 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 22 Requesting Passport Number
- 23 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 24 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 25 Phu Quoc