I am currently planning my honeymoon for Feb 2005. We are going to the Maldives for 6 nights (already booked) and were looking at spending another 6 nights in Sri Lanka.
As the week in the Maldives will be relaxing on the beach we were looking to do a bit more with our time in Sri Lanka, but do not want to rush around too much.
This is what I am proposing. Any feedback/suggestions would be most appreciated
Day 1 Colombo, Galle Face Hotel
Day 2 go to Elephant Orphanage. Overnight Kanalama Hotel
Day 3 Visit Rock Fortress. Overnight Tea Factory
Day 4 go to Yala Reserve. Overnight Yala Hotel
Day 5/6 Lighthouse Hotel
Day 7 fly home (late at night)
Is this too much. Any suggestions? Also any recommendations on getting a driver for this period.
How to spend a week in Sri Lanka?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Connaught Place
- 2 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 3 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 4 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 5 vietnam and laos
- 6 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 7 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 8 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 9 My SEA trip - photos update
- 10 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 11 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 12 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 13 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 14 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 15 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 16 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 17 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 18 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 19 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 20 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 21 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 22 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 23 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 24 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 25 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok