I am new to this site and joined it recently to seek advises from experienced travelers. I will be in Thailand during Jul 13 to attend a conference / seminar. My official stay is for few days only but I intend to take along my family (wife and two daughters) as we have never been to this part of the world and may never visit Thailand again. After some research I am horrified to know that Jul will be very difficult from traveling point of view but I have no other choice.
I have worked out simple schedule:-
1. Arrive Bangkok (The Riverside Bangkok)
2. 4 nights stay in Bangkok
3. 3 nights stay in Chiang Mai
4. 3 nights stay in Koh Samui / Koh Tao
5. 3 nights stay in Bangkok (Littlest Guesthouse)
6. Fly back to NYC
I have following queries to ask:-
1. I need advise for hotel / specialty lodge for Chiang Mai. It must not be expensive but located at a place from where I can enjoy Chiang Mai's scenic beauty.
2. I have not made decision to either visit Koh Samui or Tao or some other island. I want to stay in an island that is beautiful as well as quiet. I am looking for scenic beauty that surrounds Koh Phi Phi island. Can I get that type of beauty on any island in the East?
3. Which part of the year is better from weather point of view? Late June or mid Jul? As I have option to select any one of the period.
4. How best to fight bad / humid weather? Any good tips? What clothing (and how many) must be taken along?
This is my first set of questions. I will continue to bother all of you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 2 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 3 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 4 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 5 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 6 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 7 Is this crazy?
- 8 Dollar traveller cheques
- 9 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 10 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 11 India help with where to go
- 12 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 13 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 14 Hoi An in December?
- 15 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 16 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 17 Halong Bay cruise
- 18 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 19 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 20 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 21 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 22 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 23 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 24 In Seoul for one day
- 25 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!