I am new to this site and joined it recently to seek advises from experienced travelers. I will be in Thailand during Jul 13 to attend a conference / seminar. My official stay is for few days only but I intend to take along my family (wife and two daughters) as we have never been to this part of the world and may never visit Thailand again. After some research I am horrified to know that Jul will be very difficult from traveling point of view but I have no other choice.
I have worked out simple schedule:-
1. Arrive Bangkok (The Riverside Bangkok)
2. 4 nights stay in Bangkok
3. 3 nights stay in Chiang Mai
4. 3 nights stay in Koh Samui / Koh Tao
5. 3 nights stay in Bangkok (Littlest Guesthouse)
6. Fly back to NYC
I have following queries to ask:-
1. I need advise for hotel / specialty lodge for Chiang Mai. It must not be expensive but located at a place from where I can enjoy Chiang Mai's scenic beauty.
2. I have not made decision to either visit Koh Samui or Tao or some other island. I want to stay in an island that is beautiful as well as quiet. I am looking for scenic beauty that surrounds Koh Phi Phi island. Can I get that type of beauty on any island in the East?
3. Which part of the year is better from weather point of view? Late June or mid Jul? As I have option to select any one of the period.
4. How best to fight bad / humid weather? Any good tips? What clothing (and how many) must be taken along?
This is my first set of questions. I will continue to bother all of you.
How to make best of Thailand during Jul?????
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 1st Trip to Bali
- 4 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 5 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 6 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 7 water villages, shanghai
- 8 Japan - spending money?
- 9 language problem in japan
- 10 two free days in Beijing
- 11 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 12 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 13 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 14 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 15 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 16 April in Bangkok, again!
- 17 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 18 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 19 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 20 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 21 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 22 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 23 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 24 Phuket or Koh Samui
- 25 Japan night bus