I am new to this site and joined it recently to seek advises from experienced travelers. I will be in Thailand during Jul 13 to attend a conference / seminar. My official stay is for few days only but I intend to take along my family (wife and two daughters) as we have never been to this part of the world and may never visit Thailand again. After some research I am horrified to know that Jul will be very difficult from traveling point of view but I have no other choice.
I have worked out simple schedule:-
1. Arrive Bangkok (The Riverside Bangkok)
2. 4 nights stay in Bangkok
3. 3 nights stay in Chiang Mai
4. 3 nights stay in Koh Samui / Koh Tao
5. 3 nights stay in Bangkok (Littlest Guesthouse)
6. Fly back to NYC
I have following queries to ask:-
1. I need advise for hotel / specialty lodge for Chiang Mai. It must not be expensive but located at a place from where I can enjoy Chiang Mai's scenic beauty.
2. I have not made decision to either visit Koh Samui or Tao or some other island. I want to stay in an island that is beautiful as well as quiet. I am looking for scenic beauty that surrounds Koh Phi Phi island. Can I get that type of beauty on any island in the East?
3. Which part of the year is better from weather point of view? Late June or mid Jul? As I have option to select any one of the period.
4. How best to fight bad / humid weather? Any good tips? What clothing (and how many) must be taken along?
This is my first set of questions. I will continue to bother all of you.
How to make best of Thailand during Jul?????
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 2 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 3 India adaptors
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 From Pushkar to delhi
- 6 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 7 Help re. Visa.
- 8 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 9 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 10 Bangkok and Manila
- 11 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 12 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 13 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 14 Visa
- 15 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 16 Gluten free in Japan?
- 17 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 18 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 19 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 20 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 21 Need a guide in Burma?
- 22 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 23 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 24 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 25 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment