I am new to this site and joined it recently to seek advises from experienced travelers. I will be in Thailand during Jul 13 to attend a conference / seminar. My official stay is for few days only but I intend to take along my family (wife and two daughters) as we have never been to this part of the world and may never visit Thailand again. After some research I am horrified to know that Jul will be very difficult from traveling point of view but I have no other choice.
I have worked out simple schedule:-
1. Arrive Bangkok (The Riverside Bangkok)
2. 4 nights stay in Bangkok
3. 3 nights stay in Chiang Mai
4. 3 nights stay in Koh Samui / Koh Tao
5. 3 nights stay in Bangkok (Littlest Guesthouse)
6. Fly back to NYC
I have following queries to ask:-
1. I need advise for hotel / specialty lodge for Chiang Mai. It must not be expensive but located at a place from where I can enjoy Chiang Mai's scenic beauty.
2. I have not made decision to either visit Koh Samui or Tao or some other island. I want to stay in an island that is beautiful as well as quiet. I am looking for scenic beauty that surrounds Koh Phi Phi island. Can I get that type of beauty on any island in the East?
3. Which part of the year is better from weather point of view? Late June or mid Jul? As I have option to select any one of the period.
4. How best to fight bad / humid weather? Any good tips? What clothing (and how many) must be taken along?
This is my first set of questions. I will continue to bother all of you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 2 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 3 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 4 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 5 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 6 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 7 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 8 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 9 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 10 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 11 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 12 Sakura (cherry blossom) forecasts 2016
- 13 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 14 A great trip in India
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 16 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 17 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 18 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 19 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 20 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 21 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 22 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 23 Hanoi Hotel
- 24 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 25 Need help choosing a tour company.