I am new to this site and joined it recently to seek advises from experienced travelers. I will be in Thailand during Jul 13 to attend a conference / seminar. My official stay is for few days only but I intend to take along my family (wife and two daughters) as we have never been to this part of the world and may never visit Thailand again. After some research I am horrified to know that Jul will be very difficult from traveling point of view but I have no other choice.
I have worked out simple schedule:-
1. Arrive Bangkok (The Riverside Bangkok)
2. 4 nights stay in Bangkok
3. 3 nights stay in Chiang Mai
4. 3 nights stay in Koh Samui / Koh Tao
5. 3 nights stay in Bangkok (Littlest Guesthouse)
6. Fly back to NYC
I have following queries to ask:-
1. I need advise for hotel / specialty lodge for Chiang Mai. It must not be expensive but located at a place from where I can enjoy Chiang Mai's scenic beauty.
2. I have not made decision to either visit Koh Samui or Tao or some other island. I want to stay in an island that is beautiful as well as quiet. I am looking for scenic beauty that surrounds Koh Phi Phi island. Can I get that type of beauty on any island in the East?
3. Which part of the year is better from weather point of view? Late June or mid Jul? As I have option to select any one of the period.
4. How best to fight bad / humid weather? Any good tips? What clothing (and how many) must be taken along?
This is my first set of questions. I will continue to bother all of you.
How to make best of Thailand during Jul?????
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 2 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 3 10 days in South Korea?
- 4 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 5 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 6 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 7 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 8 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 9 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 10 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 11 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 12 India at the end of May
- 13 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 14 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 15 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 16 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 17 Hiroshima Day Tour
- 18 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 19 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 20 Has anyone used the home visit system in Hiroshima?
- 21 Singapore
- 22 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 23 National Parks - which to choose
- 24 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 25 17 Day Itinerary