I am new to this site and joined it recently to seek advises from experienced travelers. I will be in Thailand during Jul 13 to attend a conference / seminar. My official stay is for few days only but I intend to take along my family (wife and two daughters) as we have never been to this part of the world and may never visit Thailand again. After some research I am horrified to know that Jul will be very difficult from traveling point of view but I have no other choice.
I have worked out simple schedule:-
1. Arrive Bangkok (The Riverside Bangkok)
2. 4 nights stay in Bangkok
3. 3 nights stay in Chiang Mai
4. 3 nights stay in Koh Samui / Koh Tao
5. 3 nights stay in Bangkok (Littlest Guesthouse)
6. Fly back to NYC
I have following queries to ask:-
1. I need advise for hotel / specialty lodge for Chiang Mai. It must not be expensive but located at a place from where I can enjoy Chiang Mai's scenic beauty.
2. I have not made decision to either visit Koh Samui or Tao or some other island. I want to stay in an island that is beautiful as well as quiet. I am looking for scenic beauty that surrounds Koh Phi Phi island. Can I get that type of beauty on any island in the East?
3. Which part of the year is better from weather point of view? Late June or mid Jul? As I have option to select any one of the period.
4. How best to fight bad / humid weather? Any good tips? What clothing (and how many) must be taken along?
This is my first set of questions. I will continue to bother all of you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 2 Chilli Crab - Singapore
- 3 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 4 India in March and April??
- 5 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 6 Should I? Solo, male, 52yo, deliberating
- 7 3 Weeks In Bali & Gili Islands HELP
- 8 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 9 Need Feedback on Safety and Things to Do for Traveling to Maldives
- 10 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 11 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 12 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 13 a month in india
- 14 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 15 India Safari 2017
- 16 Datong in Winter
- 17 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 18 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 19 haneda hotel
- 20 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 21 Rishikesh, India
- 22 Southeast Asia - 15 Nights Itinerary
- 23 3 days around Krabi - Best Beach to stay?
- 24 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 25 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience