I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up there for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Does anyone have first-hand experience as to how SAFE this is this going to be for me as a single? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable budget accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 워렌버핏 주식시세 oninve.com
- 2 게임몽 ● 연결 : 【_mk289.com_】
- 3 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 4 Beware of China Job, Study & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 5 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 6 Tokyo hotel help
- 7 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 8 Vietnam visa
- 9 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 10 Family Friendly Penang
- 11 Train trip costs help please
- 12 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 13 Weather forecast
- 14 Bali - What to do?
- 15 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 16 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 17 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 18 Sri Lanka advice
- 19 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 20 Ryokan in Japan
- 21 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 22 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 23 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 24 Itinerary & airport help
- 25 Dinner spots for solo traveller