I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up there for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Does anyone have first-hand experience as to how SAFE this is this going to be for me as a single? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable budget accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
How Safe Singapore's "Red Light Districts"?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok and Manila
- 2 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 3 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 4 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 5 Help re. Visa.
- 6 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 7 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 8 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 9 Visa
- 10 Gluten free in Japan?
- 11 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 12 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 13 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 14 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 15 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 16 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 17 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 18 Need a guide in Burma?
- 19 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 20 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 21 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 22 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 23 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 24 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 25 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?