I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up there for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Does anyone have first-hand experience as to how SAFE this is this going to be for me as a single? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable budget accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
How Safe Singapore's "Red Light Districts"?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 2 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 3 1st time Japan - solo female
- 4 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 5 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 6 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 7 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 8 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 9 Odyssey unlimited
- 10 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 11 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 12 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 13 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 19 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!