I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up there for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Does anyone have first-hand experience as to how SAFE this is this going to be for me as a single? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable budget accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
How Safe Singapore's "Red Light Districts"?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 2 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 3 Angkor - when to go?
- 4 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 5 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 6 Anyone book tour with Vietnam Private Tours?
- 7 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 8 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 9 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 10 India with 4 kids
- 11 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 12 Travel during China national week?
- 13 Destination Bangkok, again
- 14 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 15 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 16 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 17 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 18 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 19 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 20 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 21 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 22 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 23 Bagan Guide Recommendation
- 24 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 25 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?