I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up there for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Does anyone have first-hand experience as to how SAFE this is this going to be for me as a single? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable budget accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 2 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 3 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 4 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 5 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 6 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 7 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 8 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 9 Phuket
- 10 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
- 11 Japan: ATM Machines
- 12 In Spite of Old and Dilapidated, more Creators Were Attracted
- 13 Don't forget the wellies...
- 14 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 15 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 16 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 17 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 18 Vientiane and ??
- 19 Air Asia now fly to Luang Prabang
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 22 On a scale of 1 to 10, how dirty is India?
- 23 How to do this
- 24 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 25 China 31 days Itinerary - Need your advice