I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up there for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Does anyone have first-hand experience as to how SAFE this is this going to be for me as a single? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable budget accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 2 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 3 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 4 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 5 India visa for new passport
- 6 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 7 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 8 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 9 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 10 Traffic and Police in India
- 11 Serendipity Srilanka
- 12 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 13 New Thai Visa
- 14 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 15 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 16 New Years in Japan
- 17 Sri Lanka in December
- 18 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 19 january 31 in colombo
- 20 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 21 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 22 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 23 3 weeks in Japan
- 24 A first time for everything in Japan
- 25 India Tour Companies