I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up there for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Does anyone have first-hand experience as to how SAFE this is this going to be for me as a single? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable budget accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
How Safe Singapore's "Red Light Districts"?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 2 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 3 Favorite travel apps?
- 4 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 5 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 6 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 7 Destination Bangkok, again
- 8 Honeymoon In sept
- 9 Vietnam October 2014
- 10 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 11 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 12 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 13 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 14 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 15 Indonesian visa update
- 16 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 17 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 18 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 19 where can i find replica handbags
- 20 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 21 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 22 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 23 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 24 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 25 Shoes for 6 inches of water