I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up there for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Does anyone have first-hand experience as to how SAFE this is this going to be for me as a single? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable budget accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
How Safe Singapore's "Red Light Districts"?
- 1 Indian Visa
- 2 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 3 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 4 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 5 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 6 What are the things you look out for in a luxury hotel?
- 7 Magical India
- 8 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 9 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 10 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 11 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 12 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 13 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 14 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"
- 15 ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM
- 16 Don't use World Expeditions
- 17 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 18 First time in Japan
- 19 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 20 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 21 Heyloo Hampi
- 22 Southern India
- 23 Bangkok - November 2014
- 24 Villa in Canggu Bali
- 25 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?