I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up there for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Does anyone have first-hand experience as to how SAFE this is this going to be for me as a single? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable budget accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
How Safe Singapore's "Red Light Districts"?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 2 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 3 5 nights in Japan.
- 4 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 5 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 6 vietnam and laos
- 7 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 8 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 9 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 10 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 11 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 12 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 13 Visa
- 14 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 15 Affordable Japan
- 16 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 17 Castle & King
- 18 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 19 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 20 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 21 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 22 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 23 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 24 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 25 What I like about Mumbai