I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up there for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Does anyone have first-hand experience as to how SAFE this is this going to be for me as a single? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable budget accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
How Safe Singapore's "Red Light Districts"?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 2 1st Trip to Bali
- 3 China in 12 Days
- 4 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 5 two free days in Beijing
- 6 Japan - spending money?
- 7 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 8 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 9 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 10 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 11 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 12 water villages, shanghai
- 13 language problem in japan
- 14 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 15 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 16 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 17 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 18 April in Bangkok, again!
- 19 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 20 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 21 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 22 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 23 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 24 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 25 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo