I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up there for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Does anyone have first-hand experience as to how SAFE this is this going to be for me as a single? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable budget accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
How Safe Singapore's "Red Light Districts"?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 2 Malaria
- 3 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 4 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 5 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 6 Vietnam and coffee
- 7 I'm going to Japan!
- 8 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 9 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 10 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 11 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 12 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 13 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 14 Cherry blossom
- 15 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 16 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 17 How safe is Delhi/India
- 18 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 19 Which Putu in Bali????
- 20 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 21 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 22 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 23 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 24 Malaysia in September
- 25 Trip Report: Malaysian Borneo and Singapore