Thanks again to everyone who offered advice to my previous queries.
We're leaving for Burma on 1st February, and haven't yet purchased our dollars. We know they need to be pristine and new, but are wondering how much we will need. We will be in Burma for 28 days.
Shan Yoma Travel are booking nearly all of our accomodation and all of our flights, so we will only need money for eating, 2 nights accomodation, getting to and fro airports to guest houses, plus a couple of bus journeys, and possibly a guide for a day or 2. We won't be eating at posh hotels (with the exception of cocktails at the Governer's Residence or The Strand in Yangon, hopefully!), preferring to use local cafes and eateries. We don't intend to balloon over Bagan, but will hire bikes to get around. We'll also need money for entrance fees and souvenirs, and trips at Inle Lake, etc.
Everything I've been reading seems to suggest that prices are rising in Burma. We are thinking about taking $600. Does this seem reasonable? Obviously, it would be hideous to run out of money, so we'd rather take more than less. Also, any advice on the breakdown of notes would be useful.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.drozdietplan.com/nitro-build-plus/
- 2 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 3 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 4 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 5 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 6 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 7 India Tour Companies
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 10 Laos planning.
- 11 Japan rough itinerary
- 12 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 13 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 14 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 15 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 16 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 17 One night in Osaka
- 18 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 19 Japan - costs
- 20 Japan for Foodies
- 21 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 22 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 23 Japan Rail Pass
- 24 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 25 south east asia 3 weeks in june