Thanks again to everyone who offered advice to my previous queries.
We're leaving for Burma on 1st February, and haven't yet purchased our dollars. We know they need to be pristine and new, but are wondering how much we will need. We will be in Burma for 28 days.
Shan Yoma Travel are booking nearly all of our accomodation and all of our flights, so we will only need money for eating, 2 nights accomodation, getting to and fro airports to guest houses, plus a couple of bus journeys, and possibly a guide for a day or 2. We won't be eating at posh hotels (with the exception of cocktails at the Governer's Residence or The Strand in Yangon, hopefully!), preferring to use local cafes and eateries. We don't intend to balloon over Bagan, but will hire bikes to get around. We'll also need money for entrance fees and souvenirs, and trips at Inle Lake, etc.
Everything I've been reading seems to suggest that prices are rising in Burma. We are thinking about taking $600. Does this seem reasonable? Obviously, it would be hideous to run out of money, so we'd rather take more than less. Also, any advice on the breakdown of notes would be useful.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://testosteronesboosterweb.com/primex-testo-max/
- 2 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 3 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 4 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 5 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 6 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 7 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 8 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 9 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 10 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 11 3 weeks in Japan
- 12 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 13 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 14 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 15 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 16 India Tour Companies
- 17 Vietnam Dong
- 18 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 19 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 20 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 21 New Years in Japan
- 22 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 23 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 24 Touristy Thailand
- 25 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia