Thanks again to everyone who offered advice to my previous queries.
We're leaving for Burma on 1st February, and haven't yet purchased our dollars. We know they need to be pristine and new, but are wondering how much we will need. We will be in Burma for 28 days.
Shan Yoma Travel are booking nearly all of our accomodation and all of our flights, so we will only need money for eating, 2 nights accomodation, getting to and fro airports to guest houses, plus a couple of bus journeys, and possibly a guide for a day or 2. We won't be eating at posh hotels (with the exception of cocktails at the Governer's Residence or The Strand in Yangon, hopefully!), preferring to use local cafes and eateries. We don't intend to balloon over Bagan, but will hire bikes to get around. We'll also need money for entrance fees and souvenirs, and trips at Inle Lake, etc.
Everything I've been reading seems to suggest that prices are rising in Burma. We are thinking about taking $600. Does this seem reasonable? Obviously, it would be hideous to run out of money, so we'd rather take more than less. Also, any advice on the breakdown of notes would be useful.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT LEXMARK Tec*h
- 2 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 3 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 4 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 5 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 6 India help needed
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 8 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 9 Sim cards and adaptors
- 10 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 11 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 12 Sri Lanka Visa
- 13 Hoi Ann hotel
- 14 Hotel in Hanoi
- 15 Place to stay Hue
- 16 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 17 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 18 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 19 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 20 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 21 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 22 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 23 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 24 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 25 Trekking outside Sapa