Thanks again to everyone who offered advice to my previous queries.
We're leaving for Burma on 1st February, and haven't yet purchased our dollars. We know they need to be pristine and new, but are wondering how much we will need. We will be in Burma for 28 days.
Shan Yoma Travel are booking nearly all of our accomodation and all of our flights, so we will only need money for eating, 2 nights accomodation, getting to and fro airports to guest houses, plus a couple of bus journeys, and possibly a guide for a day or 2. We won't be eating at posh hotels (with the exception of cocktails at the Governer's Residence or The Strand in Yangon, hopefully!), preferring to use local cafes and eateries. We don't intend to balloon over Bagan, but will hire bikes to get around. We'll also need money for entrance fees and souvenirs, and trips at Inle Lake, etc.
Everything I've been reading seems to suggest that prices are rising in Burma. We are thinking about taking $600. Does this seem reasonable? Obviously, it would be hideous to run out of money, so we'd rather take more than less. Also, any advice on the breakdown of notes would be useful.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo hotel help
- 2 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 3 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 4 Bali - What to do?
- 5 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 6 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 7 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 8 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 9 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 12 Private tours in Northern India
- 13 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 14 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 15 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 16 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 17 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 18 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 19 Vietnam visa
- 20 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 21 Family Friendly Penang
- 22 Train trip costs help please
- 23 Weather forecast
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 New Vietnam eVisa service