I have planned a trip to Hakone from Tokyo. On the way out we will take the Romance car. We are booked for one night at Gora Kadan and we travel back to Tokyo the next day. I am interested in visiting the Open Air museum, taking the Gondola to Owakudani and also the boat cruise on Lake Ashi. I am not sure how to go about this.
On the day we travel to Hakone, do we just go up to Gora Kadan stay the night and the next day go to Owakudani, Lake Ashi?
How can we get back to Gora Kadan from Lake Ashi? Or should we take our bags on go so that we go directly to train station from the lake?
We will try to travel light but still it might not be most convenient to move around various modes of transport with bags etc. so I am trying figure out the best way to do this leg.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Inline Product Inspection
- 2 hiking japan sept
- 3 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 4 Best Of Nepal Tour
- 5 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 6 Japan rough itinerary
- 7 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 8 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 9 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 10 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 11 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 12 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 13 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 14 shanghai for 4 days
- 15 Budget Servied Apt
- 16 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 17 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 19 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 20 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 21 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 22 Something about... Malaysia
- 23 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 24 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 25 Layover in Seoul with a dog?