My boyfriend and I will be in Bangkok, Vietnam, and Siem Reap in July. Having never been before, we have no idea as to what parts of each destination (Bangkok, Hanoi, Halong, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh, Siem Reap) are desirable to stay in/what guesthouses/hotels are most accommodating.
We are on a tight budget, and would like to spend no more than $15USD each per night (but would go up to $25 for a "splurge") so we're mostly interested in guesthouses/hostels/budget hotels.
For each of the locations listed, we'd like to be centrally located, but not necessarily in "middle" of all of the action. Close to bars and restaurants, safe, and clean!
Please throw out any and all recommendations, as it is near impossible to know what you're getting from hotel websites!
Also- do you reccommend booking everything in advance? Many have said for young backpackers on a budget, it is best to show up and find something- true?
Again, list is:
Halong (recommended overnights on boats very much appreciated too- under $100USD)
Ho Chi Minh City
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 2 http://freesoftwareskeys.com/recuva-pro-full-version-crack-free-download/
- 3 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 4 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 5 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 6 Japan GTG, early April
- 7 Beijing tours
- 8 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 9 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 10 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 11 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 12 Takayama trail, Japan
- 13 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 14 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 15 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 16 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 17 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 18 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 19 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 20 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 21 Visa for India
- 22 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 23 Hútòng Walking
- 24 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 25 Singapore SAEX bus service question