My boyfriend and I will be in Bangkok, Vietnam, and Siem Reap in July. Having never been before, we have no idea as to what parts of each destination (Bangkok, Hanoi, Halong, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh, Siem Reap) are desirable to stay in/what guesthouses/hotels are most accommodating.
We are on a tight budget, and would like to spend no more than $15USD each per night (but would go up to $25 for a "splurge") so we're mostly interested in guesthouses/hostels/budget hotels.
For each of the locations listed, we'd like to be centrally located, but not necessarily in "middle" of all of the action. Close to bars and restaurants, safe, and clean!
Please throw out any and all recommendations, as it is near impossible to know what you're getting from hotel websites!
Also- do you reccommend booking everything in advance? Many have said for young backpackers on a budget, it is best to show up and find something- true?
Again, list is:
Halong (recommended overnights on boats very much appreciated too- under $100USD)
Ho Chi Minh City
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 2 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 3 Southern India here we come
- 4 2 months in Indonesia
- 5 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 6 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 7 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 8 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 9 I miss Mongolia
- 10 Seoul Searching Questions
- 11 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 12 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 13 Visa on Arrival
- 14 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 15 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 16 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 17 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 18 Japanese art
- 19 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 20 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 22 First time to SEA
- 23 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 24 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 25 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok