My boyfriend and I will be in Bangkok, Vietnam, and Siem Reap in July. Having never been before, we have no idea as to what parts of each destination (Bangkok, Hanoi, Halong, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh, Siem Reap) are desirable to stay in/what guesthouses/hotels are most accommodating.
We are on a tight budget, and would like to spend no more than $15USD each per night (but would go up to $25 for a "splurge") so we're mostly interested in guesthouses/hostels/budget hotels.
For each of the locations listed, we'd like to be centrally located, but not necessarily in "middle" of all of the action. Close to bars and restaurants, safe, and clean!
Please throw out any and all recommendations, as it is near impossible to know what you're getting from hotel websites!
Also- do you reccommend booking everything in advance? Many have said for young backpackers on a budget, it is best to show up and find something- true?
Again, list is:
Halong (recommended overnights on boats very much appreciated too- under $100USD)
Ho Chi Minh City
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 3 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 4 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 5 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 6 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 7 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 8 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 9 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 10 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 11 A great trip in India
- 12 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 13 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 14 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 15 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 16 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 17 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 18 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 19 Sulawesi
- 20 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 21 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 22 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 23 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 24 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 25 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report