My boyfriend and I will be in Bangkok, Vietnam, and Siem Reap in July. Having never been before, we have no idea as to what parts of each destination (Bangkok, Hanoi, Halong, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh, Siem Reap) are desirable to stay in/what guesthouses/hotels are most accommodating.
We are on a tight budget, and would like to spend no more than $15USD each per night (but would go up to $25 for a "splurge") so we're mostly interested in guesthouses/hostels/budget hotels.
For each of the locations listed, we'd like to be centrally located, but not necessarily in "middle" of all of the action. Close to bars and restaurants, safe, and clean!
Please throw out any and all recommendations, as it is near impossible to know what you're getting from hotel websites!
Also- do you reccommend booking everything in advance? Many have said for young backpackers on a budget, it is best to show up and find something- true?
Again, list is:
Halong (recommended overnights on boats very much appreciated too- under $100USD)
Ho Chi Minh City
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/enhance-mind-iq/
- 2 Jeep with a driver good english
- 3 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 4 Sri Lanka May
- 5 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 6 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 7 Japan Rail Pass
- 8 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 9 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 10 Bali,Java,Borneo 3 weeks
- 11 Japan rough itinerary
- 12 Laos planning.
- 13 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 14 Japan for Foodies
- 15 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 16 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 17 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 18 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 19 One night in Osaka
- 20 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 21 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 22 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 23 Singapore weather in August/September
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 First time going abroad