My boyfriend and I will be in Bangkok, Vietnam, and Siem Reap in July. Having never been before, we have no idea as to what parts of each destination (Bangkok, Hanoi, Halong, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh, Siem Reap) are desirable to stay in/what guesthouses/hotels are most accommodating.
We are on a tight budget, and would like to spend no more than $15USD each per night (but would go up to $25 for a "splurge") so we're mostly interested in guesthouses/hostels/budget hotels.
For each of the locations listed, we'd like to be centrally located, but not necessarily in "middle" of all of the action. Close to bars and restaurants, safe, and clean!
Please throw out any and all recommendations, as it is near impossible to know what you're getting from hotel websites!
Also- do you reccommend booking everything in advance? Many have said for young backpackers on a budget, it is best to show up and find something- true?
Again, list is:
Halong (recommended overnights on boats very much appreciated too- under $100USD)
Ho Chi Minh City
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 2 Idiotic time zone question
- 3 Christmas in the Alps
- 4 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 5 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 6 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 7 Mount Koya
- 8 Sometahing is wrong
- 9 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 10 Twin rooms in Japan
- 11 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 12 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 sri lanka- tips required
- 15 base bangkok or manilla
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week