So we have our dates for Japan and have figured out our cities -- now I need to book. We arrive June 26th for 5 nights Tokyo, 2 nights Miyajima and 5 nights Kyoto before leaving for Bali.
I have done research on air and I think I want to take ANA as I can get direct from JFK and use my Amex platinum for point transfers, companion tickets, etc. We are a big group and will have a mix of first, biz and coach seats. ANA is flying their newer configuration out of JFK.
So my question is should I lock in my first choice flight first or concentrate on booking hotels. I have particular choices in Miyajima and Kyoto. I'm less choosy in Tokyo for some reason. I normally book air first, but in a lot of the threads, expert Fodorites recommend booking hotel first. Is it based on the month/season? Should I worry in late June?
Thanks for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 2 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 3 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 4 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 5 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 6 Impressions of India
- 7 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 8 Tokyo hotel help
- 9 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 10 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 11 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 12 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 13 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 14 How much Yen?
- 15 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 16 South Korea for Chuseok
- 17 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 18 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 19 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 20 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 21 Bali - What to do?
- 22 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 23 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 24 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 25 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia