So we have our dates for Japan and have figured out our cities -- now I need to book. We arrive June 26th for 5 nights Tokyo, 2 nights Miyajima and 5 nights Kyoto before leaving for Bali.
I have done research on air and I think I want to take ANA as I can get direct from JFK and use my Amex platinum for point transfers, companion tickets, etc. We are a big group and will have a mix of first, biz and coach seats. ANA is flying their newer configuration out of JFK.
So my question is should I lock in my first choice flight first or concentrate on booking hotels. I have particular choices in Miyajima and Kyoto. I'm less choosy in Tokyo for some reason. I normally book air first, but in a lot of the threads, expert Fodorites recommend booking hotel first. Is it based on the month/season? Should I worry in late June?
Thanks for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 Japan Itinerary Review
- 3 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 4 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 5 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 8 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 9 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 10 Road Scholar tour in China
- 11 China in june-July
- 12 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 13 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 14 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 15 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 16 Bali - What to do?
- 17 China in July
- 18 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 19 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 20 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 21 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 22 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 23 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 24 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 25 Being customs