So we have our dates for Japan and have figured out our cities -- now I need to book. We arrive June 26th for 5 nights Tokyo, 2 nights Miyajima and 5 nights Kyoto before leaving for Bali.
I have done research on air and I think I want to take ANA as I can get direct from JFK and use my Amex platinum for point transfers, companion tickets, etc. We are a big group and will have a mix of first, biz and coach seats. ANA is flying their newer configuration out of JFK.
So my question is should I lock in my first choice flight first or concentrate on booking hotels. I have particular choices in Miyajima and Kyoto. I'm less choosy in Tokyo for some reason. I normally book air first, but in a lot of the threads, expert Fodorites recommend booking hotel first. Is it based on the month/season? Should I worry in late June?
Thanks for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Idiotic time zone question
- 2 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 3 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 4 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 5 Sometahing is wrong
- 6 Twin rooms in Japan
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 sri lanka- tips required
- 9 base bangkok or manilla
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Change my Itinerary?
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 14 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 15 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 16 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 17 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 18 Impressions of India
- 19 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 20 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 21 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 22 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 23 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 24 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 25 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?