I'm a brand-new Fodorite registrant and just back from a week in Bangkok and Hua Hin. I promised myself I'd thank all those who posted such helpful suggestions for making our vacation a wonderful experience - and I will! But as someone on this forum said, you start planning your next trip on the plane home. OK, here's my question. I'm looking for a bungalow hotel in Koh Samui on a beautiful beach. We loved the Chedi in Phuket, but it was way too far from any shops, restaurants, etc. We also very much enjoyed the Oberoi on Bali's Legien Beach. This past week we stayed at the Sofitel Central in Hua Hin. Good hotel and location, average beach. I'm thinking on Koh Samui it will be Poppie's. Our price range is medium-high, $150-$250 a night. Since Thailand has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, I'd like it to reflect that while at the same time being within walking distance to attractions. Have I asked too much? Would Poppie's be a good place for late January/February? I'm not 100% wedded to Koh Samui, but we have tried Phuket and Hua Hin and would like a new place to savor. Will it be terribly hard to book in high season? Perhaps I should have a list of second choices as well. Thank you again for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 the EU floor
- 2 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 3 Sentosa Singapore
- 4 imported flooring market
- 5 India's Palace on Wheels Train Trip
- 6 Best tour operator in Bhutan 2016
- 7 What Does Garden Decking Mean?
- 8 clinton romesha
- 9 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 10 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 11 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 12 Rishikesh, India
- 13 India in March and April??
- 14 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 15 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 16 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 17 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 18 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 19 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 20 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 21 Japan- National Holiday
- 22 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 23 Passport
- 24 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 25 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??