I'm a brand-new Fodorite registrant and just back from a week in Bangkok and Hua Hin. I promised myself I'd thank all those who posted such helpful suggestions for making our vacation a wonderful experience - and I will! But as someone on this forum said, you start planning your next trip on the plane home. OK, here's my question. I'm looking for a bungalow hotel in Koh Samui on a beautiful beach. We loved the Chedi in Phuket, but it was way too far from any shops, restaurants, etc. We also very much enjoyed the Oberoi on Bali's Legien Beach. This past week we stayed at the Sofitel Central in Hua Hin. Good hotel and location, average beach. I'm thinking on Koh Samui it will be Poppie's. Our price range is medium-high, $150-$250 a night. Since Thailand has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, I'd like it to reflect that while at the same time being within walking distance to attractions. Have I asked too much? Would Poppie's be a good place for late January/February? I'm not 100% wedded to Koh Samui, but we have tried Phuket and Hua Hin and would like a new place to savor. Will it be terribly hard to book in high season? Perhaps I should have a list of second choices as well. Thank you again for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The Must-see temples in Bali!!
- 2 http://vitagarciniahcasite.com/cellology/
- 3 http://naturalsmaleenhancement.com/maxtropin-and-testropin/
- 4 Saigon: French, War, Now Ho Chi Minh
- 5 2 weeks in Java
- 6 Hanoi - silver jewellery
- 7 Buying jewelry in India
- 8 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 9 Blooming chart in Japan
- 10 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/maxtropin/
- 11 http://www.trysupercbdreview.com/maxtropin/
- 12 http://crazybulkshop.com/
- 13 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 14 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 15 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 16 Where to Layover
- 17 9 days in Bali
- 18 4.5 days in Singapore
- 19 Layover in Hong Kong
- 20 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 21 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 22 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 23 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 24 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 25 Italy from an Asian base