I'm a brand-new Fodorite registrant and just back from a week in Bangkok and Hua Hin. I promised myself I'd thank all those who posted such helpful suggestions for making our vacation a wonderful experience - and I will! But as someone on this forum said, you start planning your next trip on the plane home. OK, here's my question. I'm looking for a bungalow hotel in Koh Samui on a beautiful beach. We loved the Chedi in Phuket, but it was way too far from any shops, restaurants, etc. We also very much enjoyed the Oberoi on Bali's Legien Beach. This past week we stayed at the Sofitel Central in Hua Hin. Good hotel and location, average beach. I'm thinking on Koh Samui it will be Poppie's. Our price range is medium-high, $150-$250 a night. Since Thailand has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, I'd like it to reflect that while at the same time being within walking distance to attractions. Have I asked too much? Would Poppie's be a good place for late January/February? I'm not 100% wedded to Koh Samui, but we have tried Phuket and Hua Hin and would like a new place to savor. Will it be terribly hard to book in high season? Perhaps I should have a list of second choices as well. Thank you again for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 2 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 3 South Korea for Chuseok
- 4 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 5 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 6 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 7 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 8 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 9 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 10 Tokyo hotel help
- 11 Bali - What to do?
- 12 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 13 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 14 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 15 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 16 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 17 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 18 Private tours in Northern India
- 19 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 20 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 21 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 22 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 23 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 24 Vietnam visa
- 25 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?