I'm a brand-new Fodorite registrant and just back from a week in Bangkok and Hua Hin. I promised myself I'd thank all those who posted such helpful suggestions for making our vacation a wonderful experience - and I will! But as someone on this forum said, you start planning your next trip on the plane home. OK, here's my question. I'm looking for a bungalow hotel in Koh Samui on a beautiful beach. We loved the Chedi in Phuket, but it was way too far from any shops, restaurants, etc. We also very much enjoyed the Oberoi on Bali's Legien Beach. This past week we stayed at the Sofitel Central in Hua Hin. Good hotel and location, average beach. I'm thinking on Koh Samui it will be Poppie's. Our price range is medium-high, $150-$250 a night. Since Thailand has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, I'd like it to reflect that while at the same time being within walking distance to attractions. Have I asked too much? Would Poppie's be a good place for late January/February? I'm not 100% wedded to Koh Samui, but we have tried Phuket and Hua Hin and would like a new place to savor. Will it be terribly hard to book in high season? Perhaps I should have a list of second choices as well. Thank you again for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 2 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 3 Best (and safest) Place to see the Himalayas
- 4 Mumbai short visit
- 5 K2 Base Camp Trek; Wondrous Experience!
- 6 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 7 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 8 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 9 Thailand Guides
- 10 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 11 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 12 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 13 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 14 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 15 Phuket Beaches
- 16 India itinerary critique please
- 17 Japan Itinerary!
- 18 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 19 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 20 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 21 Magical India
- 22 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 23 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 24 Vientiane and ??
- 25 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar