I'm a brand-new Fodorite registrant and just back from a week in Bangkok and Hua Hin. I promised myself I'd thank all those who posted such helpful suggestions for making our vacation a wonderful experience - and I will! But as someone on this forum said, you start planning your next trip on the plane home. OK, here's my question. I'm looking for a bungalow hotel in Koh Samui on a beautiful beach. We loved the Chedi in Phuket, but it was way too far from any shops, restaurants, etc. We also very much enjoyed the Oberoi on Bali's Legien Beach. This past week we stayed at the Sofitel Central in Hua Hin. Good hotel and location, average beach. I'm thinking on Koh Samui it will be Poppie's. Our price range is medium-high, $150-$250 a night. Since Thailand has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, I'd like it to reflect that while at the same time being within walking distance to attractions. Have I asked too much? Would Poppie's be a good place for late January/February? I'm not 100% wedded to Koh Samui, but we have tried Phuket and Hua Hin and would like a new place to savor. Will it be terribly hard to book in high season? Perhaps I should have a list of second choices as well. Thank you again for all your help.
Hotel advice in Koh Samui
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 2 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 3 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 4 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 7 Kashmir today
- 8 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 9 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 10 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 11 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 12 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 13 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 14 Triple Room in Singapore
- 15 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 16 What I like about Mumbai
- 17 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 18 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 19 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 20 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 21 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 22 6 full days in Yagoon
- 23 Where to Play Basketball in Tokyo
- 24 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 25 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary