I'm a brand-new Fodorite registrant and just back from a week in Bangkok and Hua Hin. I promised myself I'd thank all those who posted such helpful suggestions for making our vacation a wonderful experience - and I will! But as someone on this forum said, you start planning your next trip on the plane home. OK, here's my question. I'm looking for a bungalow hotel in Koh Samui on a beautiful beach. We loved the Chedi in Phuket, but it was way too far from any shops, restaurants, etc. We also very much enjoyed the Oberoi on Bali's Legien Beach. This past week we stayed at the Sofitel Central in Hua Hin. Good hotel and location, average beach. I'm thinking on Koh Samui it will be Poppie's. Our price range is medium-high, $150-$250 a night. Since Thailand has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, I'd like it to reflect that while at the same time being within walking distance to attractions. Have I asked too much? Would Poppie's be a good place for late January/February? I'm not 100% wedded to Koh Samui, but we have tried Phuket and Hua Hin and would like a new place to savor. Will it be terribly hard to book in high season? Perhaps I should have a list of second choices as well. Thank you again for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 2 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 3 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 4 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 5 Is this crazy?
- 6 In Seoul for one day
- 7 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 8 Japan & WiFi
- 9 Bali airport transportation
- 10 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 11 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 12 Travel Itenary
- 13 Halong Bay cruise
- 14 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 15 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 16 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 17 Passport for Indonesia
- 18 Fabric shops in India
- 19 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 20 thai baht allowance
- 21 japan itenirary help
- 22 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 23 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 24 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG