I'm a brand-new Fodorite registrant and just back from a week in Bangkok and Hua Hin. I promised myself I'd thank all those who posted such helpful suggestions for making our vacation a wonderful experience - and I will! But as someone on this forum said, you start planning your next trip on the plane home. OK, here's my question. I'm looking for a bungalow hotel in Koh Samui on a beautiful beach. We loved the Chedi in Phuket, but it was way too far from any shops, restaurants, etc. We also very much enjoyed the Oberoi on Bali's Legien Beach. This past week we stayed at the Sofitel Central in Hua Hin. Good hotel and location, average beach. I'm thinking on Koh Samui it will be Poppie's. Our price range is medium-high, $150-$250 a night. Since Thailand has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, I'd like it to reflect that while at the same time being within walking distance to attractions. Have I asked too much? Would Poppie's be a good place for late January/February? I'm not 100% wedded to Koh Samui, but we have tried Phuket and Hua Hin and would like a new place to savor. Will it be terribly hard to book in high season? Perhaps I should have a list of second choices as well. Thank you again for all your help.
Hotel advice in Koh Samui
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 2 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 3 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 4 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 5 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 9 How safe is Delhi/India
- 10 Malaria
- 11 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 12 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 13 Vietnam and coffee
- 14 I'm going to Japan!
- 15 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 16 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 17 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 18 Cherry blossom
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?