I'm a brand-new Fodorite registrant and just back from a week in Bangkok and Hua Hin. I promised myself I'd thank all those who posted such helpful suggestions for making our vacation a wonderful experience - and I will! But as someone on this forum said, you start planning your next trip on the plane home. OK, here's my question. I'm looking for a bungalow hotel in Koh Samui on a beautiful beach. We loved the Chedi in Phuket, but it was way too far from any shops, restaurants, etc. We also very much enjoyed the Oberoi on Bali's Legien Beach. This past week we stayed at the Sofitel Central in Hua Hin. Good hotel and location, average beach. I'm thinking on Koh Samui it will be Poppie's. Our price range is medium-high, $150-$250 a night. Since Thailand has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, I'd like it to reflect that while at the same time being within walking distance to attractions. Have I asked too much? Would Poppie's be a good place for late January/February? I'm not 100% wedded to Koh Samui, but we have tried Phuket and Hua Hin and would like a new place to savor. Will it be terribly hard to book in high season? Perhaps I should have a list of second choices as well. Thank you again for all your help.
Hotel advice in Koh Samui
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 2 vietnam and laos
- 3 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 4 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 5 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 6 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 7 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 8 5 nights in Japan.
- 9 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 10 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 11 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 12 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 13 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 14 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 15 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 16 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 17 Visa
- 18 Affordable Japan
- 19 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 20 Castle & King
- 21 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 22 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 23 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 24 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 25 Trip Report : Incredible India!