There are 2 of us traveling in Nov. (mom/daughter). We plan to travel for about 2 weeks and want to spend less than $250 a night on hotel. We have a vegetarian and a carnivore, both like hiking and arts/culture/history/heritage. We are more of city people, but also want to mix in some chill time so mountains or possibly a beach for a day or so is fine. We've pretty much figured out that we want to see Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore but that is too much to cram into one trip. Since we'll be flying from SFO, it makes sense to do a layover in Hong Kong because that's where the plane is going to stop anyway. We thought we'd spend 3-4 days in Hong Kong and then somewhere else for 7-10 days. Singapore is easy enough to combine with peninsular Malaysia (i.e. Malacca and Kuala Lumpur) or we could just go to Bangkok/Chiang Mai in Thailand. Based on our interests, budget, and being 2 adult females, we aren't sure if we should combine HK with Thailand or HK with Singapore/Malaysia. Does anyone have any insights or suggestions? Many thanks!
Hong Kong +which place - Thailand, Singapore or Malaysia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 2 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 3 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 4 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 5 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 6 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 7 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 8 meeting at beijing airport
- 9 One week in Tokyo
- 10 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 11 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 12 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 13 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 14 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 15 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 16 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 17 Hotel in Singapore
- 18 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 19 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 20 Bali - January 2015
- 21 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 22 Visa Cambodia
- 23 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 24 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 25 Two questions about Thailand