There are 2 of us traveling in Nov. (mom/daughter). We plan to travel for about 2 weeks and want to spend less than $250 a night on hotel. We have a vegetarian and a carnivore, both like hiking and arts/culture/history/heritage. We are more of city people, but also want to mix in some chill time so mountains or possibly a beach for a day or so is fine. We've pretty much figured out that we want to see Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore but that is too much to cram into one trip. Since we'll be flying from SFO, it makes sense to do a layover in Hong Kong because that's where the plane is going to stop anyway. We thought we'd spend 3-4 days in Hong Kong and then somewhere else for 7-10 days. Singapore is easy enough to combine with peninsular Malaysia (i.e. Malacca and Kuala Lumpur) or we could just go to Bangkok/Chiang Mai in Thailand. Based on our interests, budget, and being 2 adult females, we aren't sure if we should combine HK with Thailand or HK with Singapore/Malaysia. Does anyone have any insights or suggestions? Many thanks!
Hong Kong +which place - Thailand, Singapore or Malaysia
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 4 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 5 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 6 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 7 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 8 South East Asia
- 9 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 10 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 11 India's Online VISA Application
- 12 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 13 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 14 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 15 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 16 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 19 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 20 Magical India
- 21 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island
- 22 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 23 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 24 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 25 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram