There are 2 of us traveling in Nov. (mom/daughter). We plan to travel for about 2 weeks and want to spend less than $250 a night on hotel. We have a vegetarian and a carnivore, both like hiking and arts/culture/history/heritage. We are more of city people, but also want to mix in some chill time so mountains or possibly a beach for a day or so is fine. We've pretty much figured out that we want to see Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore but that is too much to cram into one trip. Since we'll be flying from SFO, it makes sense to do a layover in Hong Kong because that's where the plane is going to stop anyway. We thought we'd spend 3-4 days in Hong Kong and then somewhere else for 7-10 days. Singapore is easy enough to combine with peninsular Malaysia (i.e. Malacca and Kuala Lumpur) or we could just go to Bangkok/Chiang Mai in Thailand. Based on our interests, budget, and being 2 adult females, we aren't sure if we should combine HK with Thailand or HK with Singapore/Malaysia. Does anyone have any insights or suggestions? Many thanks!
Hong Kong +which place - Thailand, Singapore or Malaysia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 3 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 6 Japan night bus
- 7 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 8 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 9 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 10 Problems at 12,000'
- 11 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 12 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 13 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 14 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 15 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 16 Which Putu in Bali????
- 17 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 18 Japan, japan
- 19 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 20 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 21 Hong Kong restaurants
- 22 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 23 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 24 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 25 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala