There are 2 of us traveling in Nov. (mom/daughter). We plan to travel for about 2 weeks and want to spend less than $250 a night on hotel. We have a vegetarian and a carnivore, both like hiking and arts/culture/history/heritage. We are more of city people, but also want to mix in some chill time so mountains or possibly a beach for a day or so is fine. We've pretty much figured out that we want to see Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore but that is too much to cram into one trip. Since we'll be flying from SFO, it makes sense to do a layover in Hong Kong because that's where the plane is going to stop anyway. We thought we'd spend 3-4 days in Hong Kong and then somewhere else for 7-10 days. Singapore is easy enough to combine with peninsular Malaysia (i.e. Malacca and Kuala Lumpur) or we could just go to Bangkok/Chiang Mai in Thailand. Based on our interests, budget, and being 2 adult females, we aren't sure if we should combine HK with Thailand or HK with Singapore/Malaysia. Does anyone have any insights or suggestions? Many thanks!
Hong Kong +which place - Thailand, Singapore or Malaysia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 2 Japan Itinerary for May
- 3 Thai island escape
- 4 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 5 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 6 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 7 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 8 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 9 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 10 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 South Korea 5 days
- 13 Japan -OAT tour
- 14 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 15 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 16 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 17 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 18 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 19 General question
- 20 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 21 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 22 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 23 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 24 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 25 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals