We (a family of four with kids 6 and 8) will be in Hong Kong for about 5 days in early February. Can anyone recommend the ideal sights we should see, considering we have kids with us? I'm interested in parks, neighborhoods, restaurants, markets, boat cruises, etc. that may be a bit unusual and as authentic as possible. I'm not interested in zoos/Disneyland types of stuff; rather the experiences that are there that can't be replicated at home. For example I'd love to go to a park but one where we could see the local vegetation, perhaps some interesting architecture, and early morning Tai Chi. Any restaurant recommendations for local food that is kid-friendly and reasonably priced would be great too!
Thanks so much - Barbara
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 2 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 3 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 4 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 5 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 6 First time to India
- 7 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 8 where to stay in Busan
- 9 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 10 Thai Jungle Experience
- 11 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 12 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 13 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 14 First time getting out of the country
- 15 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 16 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 17 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 18 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 19 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 20 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 21 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 22 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 25 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun