Good day sir, ma'am!
I hold a Philippine passport & I have been given 14 days from the day i arrived Hong Kong from the Philippines. During my stay as a visitor, I have applied for a dependent visa since my wife (a Hong Kong permanent resident) will give birth here in Hong Kong & I plan to work here related to the course that I am currently taking in the Philippines.
While I am waiting for the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration, I have also applied for extension of stay due to my wife's situation. Although, the immigration has given me only 2 days to make a leave for departing Hong Kong. It was quite depressing the thought of leaving my wife, she couldn't go back Philippines since she is already on her 6th month of pregnancy. So i'm planning if i could stay in Macau for the meantime & go back to Hong Kong. Is it possible that the immigration will extend my stay in Hong Kong after my trip from Macau? Will the immigration look for any significant documents? Or is there any other ways for me to stay in Hong Kong for at least a month more? Please to reply to this. Thank you very much!
Hong kong visitor, extension of stay
Good day sir, ma'am!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 2 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 3 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 4 Independent female traveller
- 5 North Vietnam Again!
- 6 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 7 Castle & King
- 8 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 9 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 10 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 11 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 12 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 13 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 14 One week in India
- 15 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 16 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 17 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 18 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 19 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 20 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 21 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 22 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 23 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 24 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor
- 25 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?