Good day sir, ma'am!
I hold a Philippine passport & I have been given 14 days from the day i arrived Hong Kong from the Philippines. During my stay as a visitor, I have applied for a dependent visa since my wife (a Hong Kong permanent resident) will give birth here in Hong Kong & I plan to work here related to the course that I am currently taking in the Philippines.
While I am waiting for the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration, I have also applied for extension of stay due to my wife's situation. Although, the immigration has given me only 2 days to make a leave for departing Hong Kong. It was quite depressing the thought of leaving my wife, she couldn't go back Philippines since she is already on her 6th month of pregnancy. So i'm planning if i could stay in Macau for the meantime & go back to Hong Kong. Is it possible that the immigration will extend my stay in Hong Kong after my trip from Macau? Will the immigration look for any significant documents? Or is there any other ways for me to stay in Hong Kong for at least a month more? Please to reply to this. Thank you very much!
Hong kong visitor, extension of stay
Good day sir, ma'am!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 2 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 3 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 4 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 5 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 6 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 7 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 8 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 9 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 10 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 11 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 12 Nepal
- 13 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 14 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 17 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 18 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 19 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 20 1st time Japan - solo female
- 21 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 24 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 25 Odyssey unlimited