Good day sir, ma'am!
I hold a Philippine passport & I have been given 14 days from the day i arrived Hong Kong from the Philippines. During my stay as a visitor, I have applied for a dependent visa since my wife (a Hong Kong permanent resident) will give birth here in Hong Kong & I plan to work here related to the course that I am currently taking in the Philippines.
While I am waiting for the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration, I have also applied for extension of stay due to my wife's situation. Although, the immigration has given me only 2 days to make a leave for departing Hong Kong. It was quite depressing the thought of leaving my wife, she couldn't go back Philippines since she is already on her 6th month of pregnancy. So i'm planning if i could stay in Macau for the meantime & go back to Hong Kong. Is it possible that the immigration will extend my stay in Hong Kong after my trip from Macau? Will the immigration look for any significant documents? Or is there any other ways for me to stay in Hong Kong for at least a month more? Please to reply to this. Thank you very much!
Hong kong visitor, extension of stay
Good day sir, ma'am!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 3 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 4 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 5 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 6 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 7 Destination Bangkok, again
- 8 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 9 Travel during China national week?
- 10 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 11 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 12 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 13 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 14 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 15 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 16 Angkor - when to go?
- 17 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 18 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 19 India with 4 kids
- 20 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 21 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 22 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 23 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 24 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 25 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport