Good day sir, ma'am!
I hold a Philippine passport & I have been given 14 days from the day i arrived Hong Kong from the Philippines. During my stay as a visitor, I have applied for a dependent visa since my wife (a Hong Kong permanent resident) will give birth here in Hong Kong & I plan to work here related to the course that I am currently taking in the Philippines.
While I am waiting for the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration, I have also applied for extension of stay due to my wife's situation. Although, the immigration has given me only 2 days to make a leave for departing Hong Kong. It was quite depressing the thought of leaving my wife, she couldn't go back Philippines since she is already on her 6th month of pregnancy. So i'm planning if i could stay in Macau for the meantime & go back to Hong Kong. Is it possible that the immigration will extend my stay in Hong Kong after my trip from Macau? Will the immigration look for any significant documents? Or is there any other ways for me to stay in Hong Kong for at least a month more? Please to reply to this. Thank you very much!
Hong kong visitor, extension of stay
Good day sir, ma'am!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Passport Safety
- 2 Sightseeing suggestions for Manila
- 3 My trip report from the Philippines
- 4 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 5 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 6 Art in Shanghai
- 7 One week in Thailand
- 8 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 9 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 10 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 11 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 12 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 13 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 14 Where to Play Basketball In Phuket
- 15 Cebu/Bohol - where to stay, how to see Chocolate Hills
- 16 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 17 Thailand mid-December
- 18 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 19 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 20 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 21 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 22 What I like about Mumbai
- 23 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 24 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 25 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan