Good day sir, ma'am!
I hold a Philippine passport & I have been given 14 days from the day i arrived Hong Kong from the Philippines. During my stay as a visitor, I have applied for a dependent visa since my wife (a Hong Kong permanent resident) will give birth here in Hong Kong & I plan to work here related to the course that I am currently taking in the Philippines.
While I am waiting for the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration, I have also applied for extension of stay due to my wife's situation. Although, the immigration has given me only 2 days to make a leave for departing Hong Kong. It was quite depressing the thought of leaving my wife, she couldn't go back Philippines since she is already on her 6th month of pregnancy. So i'm planning if i could stay in Macau for the meantime & go back to Hong Kong. Is it possible that the immigration will extend my stay in Hong Kong after my trip from Macau? Will the immigration look for any significant documents? Or is there any other ways for me to stay in Hong Kong for at least a month more? Please to reply to this. Thank you very much!
Hong kong visitor, extension of stay
Good day sir, ma'am!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 2 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 3 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 4 Bali Question
- 5 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 6 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 7 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 8 Vietnam - Questions
- 9 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 10 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 11 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 12 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 13 Osaka shopping
- 14 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 15 Takayama ideas in April?
- 16 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 17 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 18 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 19 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 20 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 21 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 22 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 23 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 24 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 25 First time visiting Japan. Please help