Good day sir, ma'am!
I hold a Philippine passport & I have been given 14 days from the day i arrived Hong Kong from the Philippines. During my stay as a visitor, I have applied for a dependent visa since my wife (a Hong Kong permanent resident) will give birth here in Hong Kong & I plan to work here related to the course that I am currently taking in the Philippines.
While I am waiting for the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration, I have also applied for extension of stay due to my wife's situation. Although, the immigration has given me only 2 days to make a leave for departing Hong Kong. It was quite depressing the thought of leaving my wife, she couldn't go back Philippines since she is already on her 6th month of pregnancy. So i'm planning if i could stay in Macau for the meantime & go back to Hong Kong. Is it possible that the immigration will extend my stay in Hong Kong after my trip from Macau? Will the immigration look for any significant documents? Or is there any other ways for me to stay in Hong Kong for at least a month more? Please to reply to this. Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 2 Japn tour 10 nights
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Nepal
- 5 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 6 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 7 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 8 My visit to Thailand
- 9 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 10 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 11 Gutted!
- 12 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 13 5 weeks in Japan
- 14 My visit to Lao
- 15 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 16 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 17 Family Trip to Japan
- 18 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 19 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 20 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 21 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 22 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 23 New Member
- 24 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 25 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
Good day sir, ma'am!