Good day sir, ma'am!
I hold a Philippine passport & I have been given 14 days from the day i arrived Hong Kong from the Philippines. During my stay as a visitor, I have applied for a dependent visa since my wife (a Hong Kong permanent resident) will give birth here in Hong Kong & I plan to work here related to the course that I am currently taking in the Philippines.
While I am waiting for the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration, I have also applied for extension of stay due to my wife's situation. Although, the immigration has given me only 2 days to make a leave for departing Hong Kong. It was quite depressing the thought of leaving my wife, she couldn't go back Philippines since she is already on her 6th month of pregnancy. So i'm planning if i could stay in Macau for the meantime & go back to Hong Kong. Is it possible that the immigration will extend my stay in Hong Kong after my trip from Macau? Will the immigration look for any significant documents? Or is there any other ways for me to stay in Hong Kong for at least a month more? Please to reply to this. Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 weeks in Japan
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 3 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 4 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 5 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 6 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 7 Lodge in Borneo
- 8 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 9 China and Japan help
- 10 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 11 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 12 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 13 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 14 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 15 Requesting Passport Number
- 16 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 17 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 18 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 19 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 20 Phu Quoc
- 21 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 22 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 23 Help! India Visa question....
- 24 Singapore hotel
- 25 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
Good day sir, ma'am!