Good day sir, ma'am!
I hold a Philippine passport & I have been given 14 days from the day i arrived Hong Kong from the Philippines. During my stay as a visitor, I have applied for a dependent visa since my wife (a Hong Kong permanent resident) will give birth here in Hong Kong & I plan to work here related to the course that I am currently taking in the Philippines.
While I am waiting for the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration, I have also applied for extension of stay due to my wife's situation. Although, the immigration has given me only 2 days to make a leave for departing Hong Kong. It was quite depressing the thought of leaving my wife, she couldn't go back Philippines since she is already on her 6th month of pregnancy. So i'm planning if i could stay in Macau for the meantime & go back to Hong Kong. Is it possible that the immigration will extend my stay in Hong Kong after my trip from Macau? Will the immigration look for any significant documents? Or is there any other ways for me to stay in Hong Kong for at least a month more? Please to reply to this. Thank you very much!
Hong kong visitor, extension of stay
Good day sir, ma'am!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 2 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 3 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 4 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 5 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 6 Hiroshima Day Tour
- 7 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 8 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 9 Has anyone used the home visit system in Hiroshima?
- 10 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 11 Singapore
- 12 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 13 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 14 India at the end of May
- 15 National Parks - which to choose
- 16 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 17 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 18 17 Day Itinerary
- 19 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 20 Asia Tour Companies
- 21 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 22 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 23 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 24 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 25 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son