Good day sir, ma'am!
I hold a Philippine passport & I have been given 14 days from the day i arrived Hong Kong from the Philippines. During my stay as a visitor, I have applied for a dependent visa since my wife (a Hong Kong permanent resident) will give birth here in Hong Kong & I plan to work here related to the course that I am currently taking in the Philippines.
While I am waiting for the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration, I have also applied for extension of stay due to my wife's situation. Although, the immigration has given me only 2 days to make a leave for departing Hong Kong. It was quite depressing the thought of leaving my wife, she couldn't go back Philippines since she is already on her 6th month of pregnancy. So i'm planning if i could stay in Macau for the meantime & go back to Hong Kong. Is it possible that the immigration will extend my stay in Hong Kong after my trip from Macau? Will the immigration look for any significant documents? Or is there any other ways for me to stay in Hong Kong for at least a month more? Please to reply to this. Thank you very much!
Hong kong visitor, extension of stay
Good day sir, ma'am!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 2 China trip - 15 nights
- 3 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 4 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 5 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute
- 6 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 7 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 8 Japan in July?
- 9 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 10 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 11 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 12 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 13 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?
- 14 2-3 days in Georgia
- 15 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 16 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 17 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 18 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 19 Lone traveler to Japan in April
- 20 Kerala or Goa and itinerary help
- 21 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 22 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 23 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 24 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 25 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives