Good day sir, ma'am!
I hold a Philippine passport & I have been given 14 days from the day i arrived Hong Kong from the Philippines. During my stay as a visitor, I have applied for a dependent visa since my wife (a Hong Kong permanent resident) will give birth here in Hong Kong & I plan to work here related to the course that I am currently taking in the Philippines.
While I am waiting for the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration, I have also applied for extension of stay due to my wife's situation. Although, the immigration has given me only 2 days to make a leave for departing Hong Kong. It was quite depressing the thought of leaving my wife, she couldn't go back Philippines since she is already on her 6th month of pregnancy. So i'm planning if i could stay in Macau for the meantime & go back to Hong Kong. Is it possible that the immigration will extend my stay in Hong Kong after my trip from Macau? Will the immigration look for any significant documents? Or is there any other ways for me to stay in Hong Kong for at least a month more? Please to reply to this. Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 2 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 3 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 4 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 5 Wagha Border Ceremony
- 6 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 7 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 8 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 9 First time trip to Japan questions
- 10 Laos in the end of June
- 11 Japan & WiFi
- 12 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 13 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 14 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 15 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 16 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 17 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 18 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 19 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 20 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 21 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 22 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 23 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 24 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 25 18.5 Hours in Singapore
Good day sir, ma'am!