Good day sir, ma'am!
I hold a Philippine passport & I have been given 14 days from the day i arrived Hong Kong from the Philippines. During my stay as a visitor, I have applied for a dependent visa since my wife (a Hong Kong permanent resident) will give birth here in Hong Kong & I plan to work here related to the course that I am currently taking in the Philippines.
While I am waiting for the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration, I have also applied for extension of stay due to my wife's situation. Although, the immigration has given me only 2 days to make a leave for departing Hong Kong. It was quite depressing the thought of leaving my wife, she couldn't go back Philippines since she is already on her 6th month of pregnancy. So i'm planning if i could stay in Macau for the meantime & go back to Hong Kong. Is it possible that the immigration will extend my stay in Hong Kong after my trip from Macau? Will the immigration look for any significant documents? Or is there any other ways for me to stay in Hong Kong for at least a month more? Please to reply to this. Thank you very much!
Hong kong visitor, extension of stay
Good day sir, ma'am!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 2 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 3 India adaptors
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 From Pushkar to delhi
- 6 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 7 Help re. Visa.
- 8 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 9 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 10 Bangkok and Manila
- 11 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 12 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 13 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 14 Visa
- 15 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 16 Gluten free in Japan?
- 17 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 18 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 19 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 20 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 21 Need a guide in Burma?
- 22 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 23 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 24 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 25 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment