Good day sir, ma'am!
I hold a Philippine passport & I have been given 14 days from the day i arrived Hong Kong from the Philippines. During my stay as a visitor, I have applied for a dependent visa since my wife (a Hong Kong permanent resident) will give birth here in Hong Kong & I plan to work here related to the course that I am currently taking in the Philippines.
While I am waiting for the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration, I have also applied for extension of stay due to my wife's situation. Although, the immigration has given me only 2 days to make a leave for departing Hong Kong. It was quite depressing the thought of leaving my wife, she couldn't go back Philippines since she is already on her 6th month of pregnancy. So i'm planning if i could stay in Macau for the meantime & go back to Hong Kong. Is it possible that the immigration will extend my stay in Hong Kong after my trip from Macau? Will the immigration look for any significant documents? Or is there any other ways for me to stay in Hong Kong for at least a month more? Please to reply to this. Thank you very much!
Hong kong visitor, extension of stay
Good day sir, ma'am!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 2 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 3 Khao Lak
- 4 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 5 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 6 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 7 Photos from India!
- 8 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 9 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 10 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 11 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 12 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 13 Myanmar River Cruises
- 14 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 15 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 16 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 17 How to handle cash in Japan
- 18 Great Wall hike
- 19 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 20 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 21 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 22 Six days in Hong Kong
- 23 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 24 Storing photos while traveling
- 25 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai