I've been thinking for a while about doing this trip and wonder if anyone here has. I've traveled independently in Yunnan Province and had originally planned to go from Kunming to Hanoi but then the landslide on the Chinese side. My only interest is in doing it by rail so bus or plane experiences do not apply unless a part of the route isn't served by rail. But I'd be most interested in knowing about the plus and down sides of the journey from anyone who's done it and any related experience. I won't be in a hurry to get to Hanoi.
Hong Kong to Hanoi by train.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan - 3wks solo - Kiso Valley logistics and which nights where!
- 2 Nepal
- 3 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 4 Laos for the backpacker
- 5 1st time Japan - solo female
- 6 The Golden Land - Adventures in Myanmar
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 Thailand-Oceanview Room with private pool
- 9 EBC in May Prep
- 10 17 year olds traveling to Thailand
- 11 Revised Itinerary - feedback please
- 12 Hampi & Badami: Exploring the Vijaynagar and Chalukya empires.
- 13 Dubai and Thailand - Bangkok
- 14 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 15 Winning Valentine's Day -- and the entire month, for that matter, in INDIA
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 18 Things to do in Delhi
- 19 Traveling to Burma in April
- 20 Myanmar suspends the work of Doctors without Borders
- 21 Bangkok Airport Taxi
- 22 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 23 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 24 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 25 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think