I've been thinking for a while about doing this trip and wonder if anyone here has. I've traveled independently in Yunnan Province and had originally planned to go from Kunming to Hanoi but then the landslide on the Chinese side. My only interest is in doing it by rail so bus or plane experiences do not apply unless a part of the route isn't served by rail. But I'd be most interested in knowing about the plus and down sides of the journey from anyone who's done it and any related experience. I won't be in a hurry to get to Hanoi.
Hong Kong to Hanoi by train.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 2 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 3 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 4 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 5 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 6 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 7 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 10 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 11 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 12 Indonesian visa update
- 13 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 14 Vietnam October 2014
- 15 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 16 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 17 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 18 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 19 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 20 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 21 3 days in Teheran
- 22 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 23 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 24 Myranmar VISA
- 25 new visa fees for Indonesia as of mid-July, 2014