I've been thinking for a while about doing this trip and wonder if anyone here has. I've traveled independently in Yunnan Province and had originally planned to go from Kunming to Hanoi but then the landslide on the Chinese side. My only interest is in doing it by rail so bus or plane experiences do not apply unless a part of the route isn't served by rail. But I'd be most interested in knowing about the plus and down sides of the journey from anyone who's done it and any related experience. I won't be in a hurry to get to Hanoi.
Hong Kong to Hanoi by train.
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 2 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 3 Burma, Myanmar Visa On Arrival (VOA) Is Available And Is As Easy As ...
- 4 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 5 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 6 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 7 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 8 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 9 Trip report China
- 10 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 11 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 12 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 13 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 14 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 15 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 16 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 17 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 18 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 19 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 20 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 21 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 22 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 23 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 24 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 25 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?