I'll be staying in HK for three nights this summer (first time there), and have narrowed down my hotels to two options: the Mandarin Oriental and the Island Shangri-La.
On paper, I prefer the location of the Mandarin - namely that its close to star ferry, LKF / Soho and the peak tram. On the other hand, I think aesthetics of the Island Shangri-La are much more unique (compared to the big chain hotels we get in the states), which is appealing. I also like the outdoor pool (given how hot it will be). I know either of these top notch, so I am really just nit picking here.
In sum, I think I like the vibe of the Shangri-La but the location of the Mandarin. I'd like to know if anyone has experienced both of these and has a preference, or if those familiar with the city think that the Mandarin's location is significantly better than that of the Shangri-La.
Also: I get corporate rates at these hotels, which is why I'm not considering any of the other lux properties in the city (so while I appreciate anyone's enthusiasm on another hotel, I'm really only focused on these two!).
Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 2 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 3 An island paradise?
- 4 Delhi Escorts Services
- 5 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 6 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 7 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 8 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 9 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 10 Is SE Asia overrated as a cheap destination?
- 11 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 12 http://splendyrsite.net/evelina-collagen-serum/
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 14 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 15 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 16 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 17 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 18 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 19 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 20 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 21 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 22 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 23 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 24 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 25 Spontaneous trip to Japan