I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hong Kong in 5 Days for a Newbie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 2 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 3 Japan Itinerary for May
- 4 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 5 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 6 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 7 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 8 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 9 Myanmar Visa Online - Report
- 10 General question
- 11 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 12 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 13 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 14 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 15 South Korea 5 days
- 16 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 17 Thai island escape
- 18 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 19 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 20 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 21 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 22 Phuket Hotel
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 25 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?