I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hong Kong in 5 Days for a Newbie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 2 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 3 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 4 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 5 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 6 1st time Japan - solo female
- 7 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 8 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 9 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 10 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 11 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 12 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 13 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 14 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 15 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 16 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 17 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 18 Japan Itinerary for May
- 19 Thai island escape
- 20 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 21 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 22 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 23 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 24 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 25 South Korea 5 days