I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hong Kong in 5 Days for a Newbie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help! Which to choose?
- 2 visiting Sapa and local markets
- 3 North Vietnam Again!
- 4 Castle & King
- 5 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 6 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 7 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 8 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 9 One week in Thailand
- 10 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 11 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 12 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 13 India and Nepal 2014
- 14 Independent female traveller
- 15 Tour company practices
- 16 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 17 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 18 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 19 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 20 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 21 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 22 Passport Safety
- 23 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 24 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 25 Mt Aso Eruption