I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hong Kong in 5 Days for a Newbie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 NEPAL CONNECTION Non Profit Restaurant
- 2 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 3 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 4 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 5 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 6 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 7 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 8 Hiroshima Day Tour
- 9 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 10 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 11 Has anyone used the home visit system in Hiroshima?
- 12 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 13 Singapore
- 14 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 15 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 16 India at the end of May
- 17 National Parks - which to choose
- 18 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 19 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 20 17 Day Itinerary
- 21 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 22 Asia Tour Companies
- 23 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 24 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 25 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?