I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 2 5 weeks in Japan
- 3 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 4 Family Trip to Japan
- 5 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 6 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 7 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 8 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 9 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 10 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 11 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 12 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 13 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 14 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 15 New Member
- 16 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 17 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 18 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 19 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 20 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 21 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 23 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 24 Lodge in Borneo
- 25 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?