I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Shanghai to Guilin Weekend Trip-July
- 2 5 days Japan
- 3 A graduation celebration: Two weeks in Singapore, Java and Bali
- 4 Castle & King tour questions
- 5 A train ride through Java
- 6 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 7 My First India Trip
- 8 Kathie’s Return to Jogja
- 9 Would This Deter You From Flying On Lao Airlines?
- 10 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 11 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 12 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 13 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 14 JAPANiCAN.com
- 15 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 16 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 17 2+3 days in Hong Kong - help w. planning
- 18 Bicycle riding required?
- 19 hanoi eats
- 20 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 21 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 22 Malaysia travel route help!
- 23 3 weeks itinerary China
- 24 Just back from Sabah, Borneo -- Trip report!!!
- 25 Yangon Made Easy