I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hong Kong in 5 Days for a Newbie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Phuket
- 3 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 4 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 5 Destination Bangkok, again
- 6 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 7 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 8 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 9 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 10 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 11 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 12 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 13 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 14 India, What Can I Say!
- 15 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 16 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 17 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 18 Travel during China national week?
- 19 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 20 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 21 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 22 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 23 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 24 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 25 Angkor - when to go?