I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hong Kong in 5 Days for a Newbie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 2 Kyushu rail pass
- 3 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 4 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 5 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 6 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 7 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 8 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 9 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 10 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 11 Currency in South Korea
- 12 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 13 Tipping in Japan
- 14 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 15 Places to visit in India in October
- 16 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 17 Cambodge / Laos / Vietnam arts
- 18 Driver in South India
- 19 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 20 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 21 6 full days in Yagoon
- 22 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 23 Amphawa Floating Market
- 24 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 25 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan