I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 사이버카지노ぁ≫≫one004.com≪≪바카라사이트
- 2 사이버도박장る≫≫one004.com≪≪바카라사이트
- 3 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 4 hanoi eats
- 5 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 6 Castle & King tour operator review
- 7 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 8 Chiang Mai
- 9 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 10 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 11 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 12 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 13 Buying jewelry in India
- 14 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 15 Bangkok for 3 nights, first time
- 16 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 17 Phuket Weather
- 18 Mongolia itinerary
- 19 Buying Jewelry in India
- 20 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 21 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 22 New Delhi - What to see?
- 23 Another Vietnam Visa Question
- 24 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 25 Dental Work in Bangkok