I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 2 Northern India in June
- 3 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 4 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 5 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 6 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 7 OAT trip to India
- 8 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 9 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 10 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 11 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 12 Hakone Free Pass
- 13 Castle & King tour operator review
- 14 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 15 First trip to Japan
- 16 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 17 What beach to choose?!?!
- 18 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 19 Singapore or Bali
- 20 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 21 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 22 RHK'S Spring trip
- 23 Hotels in Beijing
- 24 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 25 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition