I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 2 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 3 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 4 Visa for India
- 5 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 6 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 7 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 8 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 9 Hotel for two night stop over in Singapore
- 10 Please help us find our MISSING friend
- 11 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 12 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 13 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 14 Buying jewelry in India
- 15 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 16 Chiang Mai
- 17 Phuket Weather
- 18 hanoi eats
- 19 Castle & King tour operator review
- 20 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 21 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 22 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 23 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 24 Bangkok for 3 nights, first time
- 25 Mongolia itinerary