I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Lodge in Borneo
- 2 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 3 3 days in Cambodia - Siem Reap
- 4 China and Japan help
- 5 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 6 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 7 Christmas in Cambodia - where to book??
- 8 Need recommended Tour Companies in Sri Lanka please
- 9 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 10 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 11 5 days in Bali
- 12 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 13 5 weeks in Japan
- 14 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 15 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 16 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 17 Requesting Passport Number
- 18 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 19 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 20 Eating in India
- 21 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 22 Phu Quoc
- 23 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 24 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 25 Help! India Visa question....