I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hong Kong in 5 Days for a Newbie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 2 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 3 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 4 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 5 Favorite travel apps?
- 6 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 7 Destination Bangkok, again
- 8 Honeymoon In sept
- 9 Vietnam October 2014
- 10 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 11 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 12 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 13 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 14 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 15 Indonesian visa update
- 16 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 17 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 18 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 19 where can i find replica handbags
- 20 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 21 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 22 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 23 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 24 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 25 Shoes for 6 inches of water