I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi-SR-LP ?
- 2 Six weeks in Mongolia Early Planning
- 3 Thailand For 5 weeks starting 11/5/2015
- 4 Koh phangan or koh lanta December?
- 5 November trip to Myanmar and Cambodia
- 6 Yunnan to Guilin
- 7 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 8 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 9 Honeymoon - Phuket / Kho Lak - Hotel Advice?
- 10 looking for 1 week Vietnam itinerary suggestions
- 11 Hotel recommendation-Ho Chi Minh City
- 12 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 13 Pl suggest itinerary in Taipei / surrounds for 6 nights Nov 2015
- 14 where can I buy IASO?
- 15 Looking for country suggestions for 2 week itinerary for next year's trip
- 16 Chaing Mai how long and 1-day meditation retreat
- 17 HONG KONG: 9 Must-Dine Restaurants To Suit Every Budget
- 18 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 19 Once again, possible Nepal backup
- 20 Thai Air Suspends L.A. Flight
- 21 Help please! Trying to plan an Asia/Middle East/Russia trip!
- 22 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 23 Yangon's growing photography scene
- 24 Bagan must see with a guide
- 25 Okinawa on Anthony Bourdain tonight