I was planning to head to Hong Kong for 5 nights (is this too much?) in November. I've never been to Asia before. I'm fascinated with the high density of the cities, technology and architecture in Asia.I will be traveling alone in (single guy, late 20's).
Is Macau worth visiting?? I've been to Vegas a few times and love it, mostly for the atmosphere/vibe - I heard Macau is nothing like this, are there at least some cool bars where you can go party? Any good hotel recommendations? I'd like to see Macau, even for a day just to contrast the difference between Vegas. The question is - is it worth staying overnight?
Which part of HK should I stay?? Preferably I'd like to be close to or central to the local sights and attractions and near a metro stop. I like to wander around and talk to people, so like to be near other tourists (or locals who speak english) so I can chat people up at restaurants/bars and maybe have a few pints with. Is HK friendly? If not I'd prefer to be in an area where the nightlife is good. I don't mind paying a little extra for nicer hotels in prime areas. I know absolutely nothing about HK and will be picking up a Fodor's travel guide.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hong Kong in 5 Days for a Newbie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 2 Sri Lanka - Does this seem right?
- 3 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 4 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 5 Place to stay at Muine Phan Thiet, Vietnam?
- 6 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 7 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 8 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 9 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 10 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 11 Thoughts on 2-3 week Myanmar itinerary? And local artists/galleries?
- 12 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 13 Thanks for helping make my trip to China amazing!
- 14 Haneda Airport to Narita Airport
- 15 Restaurants in Singapore
- 16 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 17 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 18 Where to go?
- 19 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 20 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 21 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 22 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 23 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 24 Which airport for Tokyo
- 25 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question