I am struggling to decide which hotel to book in Hong Kong. We have a long layover so are going to travel into the city for the night (10pm for sleep) and wander around in the morning before our 2pm flight (AKL-LHR).
I think that we want to take the Airport Express train (like trains, less stress when tired) and I can't work our easily which hotels are close to the train stations. And there are just so many hotels to choose that I am going round and round.
I'd like to spend less than 2,000HKD (much less if I am really honest but meh, I don't get time off work often).
Or should we just flag it and stay by the airport and see HK next time round?
Any suggestions? I have looked through the prior posts and spent hours on trip advisor but my mild OCD is getting in the way of making a decision (must look at every hotel). Please help me friendly Fodorites.
Hong Kong Hotel for Long Layover
- 1 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 introduce myself
- 4 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 5 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 6 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 7 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 8 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 9 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 10 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 11 independent travel in India
- 12 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 13 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 14 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 15 Magical India
- 16 geisha performance
- 17 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 18 Trip report China
- 19 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 20 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 21 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 22 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 23 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 24 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 25 Myanmar and Mt Popa