I am struggling to decide which hotel to book in Hong Kong. We have a long layover so are going to travel into the city for the night (10pm for sleep) and wander around in the morning before our 2pm flight (AKL-LHR).
I think that we want to take the Airport Express train (like trains, less stress when tired) and I can't work our easily which hotels are close to the train stations. And there are just so many hotels to choose that I am going round and round.
I'd like to spend less than 2,000HKD (much less if I am really honest but meh, I don't get time off work often).
Or should we just flag it and stay by the airport and see HK next time round?
Any suggestions? I have looked through the prior posts and spent hours on trip advisor but my mild OCD is getting in the way of making a decision (must look at every hotel). Please help me friendly Fodorites.
Hong Kong Hotel for Long Layover
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 2 Golden Triangle Voyage – An Awesome Experience in India
- 3 Traditional & Cultural Safari in India through Golden Triangle
- 4 China with Collette Tours
- 5 Exploring Thailand
- 6 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 7 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 8 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 9 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company
- 10 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 11 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 12 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 13 Buying cycling clothes in Bangkok
- 14 Ho Chi Minh Mekong delta, pnom penh
- 15 Back from Kyoto, Koyasan, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kyushu. Questions welcome!
- 16 K.L. Ideas on Hotel so on.
- 17 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 18 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 19 How would you organize this itinerary?
- 20 Experience using River Mekong or SST travel agencies?
- 21 Japan in December
- 22 Places to visit in India in October
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 24 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 25 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary