I am struggling to decide which hotel to book in Hong Kong. We have a long layover so are going to travel into the city for the night (10pm for sleep) and wander around in the morning before our 2pm flight (AKL-LHR).
I think that we want to take the Airport Express train (like trains, less stress when tired) and I can't work our easily which hotels are close to the train stations. And there are just so many hotels to choose that I am going round and round.
I'd like to spend less than 2,000HKD (much less if I am really honest but meh, I don't get time off work often).
Or should we just flag it and stay by the airport and see HK next time round?
Any suggestions? I have looked through the prior posts and spent hours on trip advisor but my mild OCD is getting in the way of making a decision (must look at every hotel). Please help me friendly Fodorites.
Hong Kong Hotel for Long Layover
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 2 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 3 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 4 5 nights in Japan.
- 5 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 6 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 7 vietnam and laos
- 8 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 9 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 10 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 11 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 12 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 13 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 14 Visa
- 15 Affordable Japan
- 16 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 17 Castle & King
- 18 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 19 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 20 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 21 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 22 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 23 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 24 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 25 What I like about Mumbai