I think I have read every Hong Kong post here and copied most of them (thanks Ciccerone!) but I still have a few questions:
I am arriving late on Sunday, 30 January, staying at the Salisbury YMCA--I'm getting in at about 10pm, what is the best way to get from the airport. I'm a female travelling solo.
Here's what I have so far:
Monday or Tues: flower markets
Wednesday: Dragons Back hike with Hong Kong Walks
Saturday: Horse racing (yes!)
Sunday: Church/leave for Singapore
Please help me fill in the rest of my itinerary and I promise to stay away from the night markets. I am interested in culture and history (I have already read "Golden Boy" by Martin Booth)
My questions are:
1. I want to get a Birkin bag copied--not a fake Hermes, but a bag that looks like a Birkin in shape etc without the Hermes fakery--i'm not trying to fool anyone, I just love the style and would like a quality bag. What's the best place to go, and what day should I go, considering the CNY holiday? Will I have to have a bag to copy or will they know what I am talking about? I'm also looking to copy some shoes.
2. What is the best options for restaurants on CNY? Do you need to make reservations? I'm hoping that by adopting a Chinese student here in the US for Christmas someone will invite me to their home for dinner, but in the meantime, what's a good suggestion for a festive diner dining alone?
3. does the parade pass in front of my hotel? What day is the parade and when does it start? How early do you have to get there to get a good view? I've heard of rumors that you can buy a seat at the viewing stand, the Hong Kong Tourist Board website has no info--am I just too early?
4. Will all of the temples be packed on Thursday Feb 3? what's the best one to go to--I want to be respectful, but I also want to take part in the festivities.
5. I leave on Sunday at 8pm for Singapore. Should I leave my luggage at the hotel or take it out early to the airport? When I come back from Singapore I will be coming home via Hong Kong--will I have to re-enter Hong Kong and then leave? Are United and Cathay Pacific in the same terminal
6. finally, is there an Anglican/Episcopal church I can visit on Sunday?
Thank you SO much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 2 Traffic and Police in India
- 3 New Years in Japan
- 4 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 5 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 6 3 weeks in Japan
- 7 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 8 A first time for everything in Japan
- 9 India Tour Companies
- 10 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 11 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 12 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 13 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 14 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 15 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 16 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 17 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 18 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 19 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 20 Vietnam Dong
- 21 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 22 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 23 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 24 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 25 Touristy Thailand
Hong Kong for Chinese New Year and Itinerary Help--what's open, what to do