thinking of stopping in HK for 2-3 days prior to a VietNam Trip. Problem would probably be landing Feb 5th from USA. I have lots of points with Marriott-thinking of JWMarriott, but if bookings are flood for the chinese new year-maybe not such a good idea. Would like to pay only about $300/night for 2 people and want something super accessible: advise on which side to stay. Pros and Cons-first time visitor. I am sure my wife would like to wander and look at the shopping ( not buy too much) but like good quality things, possibly some clothing. Advise on hotel bookings, great location so one can walk out and go easily to places (I was at the Courtyard Marriott in Ginza Tokyo which was about 2 blocks from all the shopping in Tokyo-to give you an idea of our likes-location/location at not an outrageous price. Also have ponts with starwoods and hilton). Thanks
Hong Kong Feb 5, 2011 -Chinese New Year Feb3. Problem with Hotels
View all Asia activity »
- 1 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 2 What are the things you look out for in a luxury hotel?
- 3 Magical India
- 4 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 5 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 6 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 7 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 8 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 9 Indian Visa
- 10 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 11 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"
- 12 ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM
- 13 Don't use World Expeditions
- 14 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 15 First time in Japan
- 16 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 17 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 18 Heyloo Hampi
- 19 Southern India
- 20 Bangkok - November 2014
- 21 Villa in Canggu Bali
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 Where to Stay - Hong Kong or Kowloon?
- 24 Best Food in Tokyo
- 25 Lombok and Gili islands advice about distance/time to the airport