thinking of stopping in HK for 2-3 days prior to a VietNam Trip. Problem would probably be landing Feb 5th from USA. I have lots of points with Marriott-thinking of JWMarriott, but if bookings are flood for the chinese new year-maybe not such a good idea. Would like to pay only about $300/night for 2 people and want something super accessible: advise on which side to stay. Pros and Cons-first time visitor. I am sure my wife would like to wander and look at the shopping ( not buy too much) but like good quality things, possibly some clothing. Advise on hotel bookings, great location so one can walk out and go easily to places (I was at the Courtyard Marriott in Ginza Tokyo which was about 2 blocks from all the shopping in Tokyo-to give you an idea of our likes-location/location at not an outrageous price. Also have ponts with starwoods and hilton). Thanks
Hong Kong Feb 5, 2011 -Chinese New Year Feb3. Problem with Hotels
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 2 hello
- 3 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 4 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 5 Travel during China national week?
- 6 My trip report from the Philippines
- 7 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 8 Chinese idioms:calling a stag a horse
- 9 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 10 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 11 Golden Triangle Voyage – An Awesome Experience in India
- 12 Traditional & Cultural Safari in India through Golden Triangle
- 13 China with Collette Tours
- 14 Exploring Thailand
- 15 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 16 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 17 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 18 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company
- 19 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 20 Buying cycling clothes in Bangkok
- 21 Ho Chi Minh Mekong delta, pnom penh
- 22 Back from Kyoto, Koyasan, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kyushu. Questions welcome!
- 23 K.L. Ideas on Hotel so on.
- 24 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 25 How would you organize this itinerary?