thinking of stopping in HK for 2-3 days prior to a VietNam Trip. Problem would probably be landing Feb 5th from USA. I have lots of points with Marriott-thinking of JWMarriott, but if bookings are flood for the chinese new year-maybe not such a good idea. Would like to pay only about $300/night for 2 people and want something super accessible: advise on which side to stay. Pros and Cons-first time visitor. I am sure my wife would like to wander and look at the shopping ( not buy too much) but like good quality things, possibly some clothing. Advise on hotel bookings, great location so one can walk out and go easily to places (I was at the Courtyard Marriott in Ginza Tokyo which was about 2 blocks from all the shopping in Tokyo-to give you an idea of our likes-location/location at not an outrageous price. Also have ponts with starwoods and hilton). Thanks
Hong Kong Feb 5, 2011 -Chinese New Year Feb3. Problem with Hotels
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Malaria
- 2 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 3 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 4 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 5 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 6 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 9 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 10 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 11 Cherry blossom
- 12 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 13 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 14 How safe is Delhi/India
- 15 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 16 Which Putu in Bali????
- 17 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 18 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 19 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 20 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 21 Malaysia in September
- 22 Trip Report: Malaysian Borneo and Singapore
- 23 Asiana lounge in Seoul
- 24 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 25 Bangkok, Penang and Chiang Mai - Kathie's 2006 Trip Report