This is my first time posting here so forgive me if I fail at any forum etiquette! I have a question that I've struggled to find online. I'm a man in a same-sex partnership and we're looking to travel to Asia for his birthday in late October. He's 26 & I'm 28. He's decided on venturing out into international travel and he has an ambitious first trip in mind.
We're looking at a 12-14 trek through Hong Kong, Bangkok, Seoul & Tokyo. I've been struggling to find the best way to actually plan the trip. The best idea I came up with is buying a string of one way flights and using travel blogs to get an idea of how long to stay in each city. I'm researching visa requirements as well.
I'm concerned about language barriers, cost per day, whether to go the hotel route or look into AirBnB, safety(especially for a same-sex couple), etc.
What's the best way to build this itinerary and what are some resources I could utilize to learn the things that I don't even know I NEED to know (lol) before I start booking flights. Any tips, resources and general advice is welcome. We're coming from the southeast USA if that makes any difference. Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 2 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 3 3 weeks in Japan
- 4 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 5 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 6 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 7 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 8 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 9 India Tour Companies
- 10 Vietnam Dong
- 11 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 12 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 13 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 14 New Years in Japan
- 15 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 18 Touristy Thailand
- 19 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 20 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 21 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 22 Myanmar tour companies
- 23 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 24 A Victory Day Tour
- 25 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?