This is my first time posting here so forgive me if I fail at any forum etiquette! I have a question that I've struggled to find online. I'm a man in a same-sex partnership and we're looking to travel to Asia for his birthday in late October. He's 26 & I'm 28. He's decided on venturing out into international travel and he has an ambitious first trip in mind.
We're looking at a 12-14 trek through Hong Kong, Bangkok, Seoul & Tokyo. I've been struggling to find the best way to actually plan the trip. The best idea I came up with is buying a string of one way flights and using travel blogs to get an idea of how long to stay in each city. I'm researching visa requirements as well.
I'm concerned about language barriers, cost per day, whether to go the hotel route or look into AirBnB, safety(especially for a same-sex couple), etc.
What's the best way to build this itinerary and what are some resources I could utilize to learn the things that I don't even know I NEED to know (lol) before I start booking flights. Any tips, resources and general advice is welcome. We're coming from the southeast USA if that makes any difference. Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Osaka, aquarium?
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 A beach of choice on Samui
- 4 First time trip to Japan questions
- 5 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 6 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 7 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 10 Travel India solo
- 11 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 13 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 14 North India Itinerary advice
- 15 Indonesia travel agent
- 16 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 17 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 18 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 19 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 20 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 21 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 22 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 23 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 24 Bangkok Taxis
- 25 3 weeks - first time SEA