I'm doing an 18 hour transit in HK very soon, which means I have 12 hours to spare exploring the city. I love culture and architecture--it would be my first time in East Asia! A) Any suggestions as to must-go places that's easily reached via public transport?
A quick Google on the internet brought me this list of temples--Chi Lin Nunnery, 10 000 Buddha Monastery, Wong Tai Sin Temple, Po Lin Monastery (because it's close to the airport) and Che Kung Temple. However, I'm not sure if it would be possible to do all these sites as well as spend some time on the waterfront to see the famous skyline--if someone can suggest an itinerary covering the best of these sites with a compulsory stop in Central Station at noon/afternoon (restaurant I have to go), I would really appreciate it!
I like free, but don't mind spending a bit e.g. museum ticket price for some cultural immersion!
B) transport: if I get the tourist day-pass, does that cover transportation from the airport as well, or do I have to buy the Airport Express tickets into the city before I can use the day-pass?
C) how long would it take for me to reach the airport from the waterfront? I'd really like to catch the view at dusk/slightly after dark and, of course, have enough time to catch my connecting flight, which would be around midnight.
D) Is HK pedestrian friendly if I need to cover short distances, e.g. 15 mins?
Appreciate any tips!!
Hong Kong 12 hours for culture--suggestions?
- 1 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 2 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 3 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 4 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 5 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 6 Anyone in Bangkok
- 7 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 8 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 9 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 10 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 11 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 12 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 13 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 14 Travel Insurance
- 15 South East Asia
- 16 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 17 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 18 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 19 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 20 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 21 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 24 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 25 1 week Philippines