I'm doing an 18 hour transit in HK very soon, which means I have 12 hours to spare exploring the city. I love culture and architecture--it would be my first time in East Asia! A) Any suggestions as to must-go places that's easily reached via public transport?
A quick Google on the internet brought me this list of temples--Chi Lin Nunnery, 10 000 Buddha Monastery, Wong Tai Sin Temple, Po Lin Monastery (because it's close to the airport) and Che Kung Temple. However, I'm not sure if it would be possible to do all these sites as well as spend some time on the waterfront to see the famous skyline--if someone can suggest an itinerary covering the best of these sites with a compulsory stop in Central Station at noon/afternoon (restaurant I have to go), I would really appreciate it!
I like free, but don't mind spending a bit e.g. museum ticket price for some cultural immersion!
B) transport: if I get the tourist day-pass, does that cover transportation from the airport as well, or do I have to buy the Airport Express tickets into the city before I can use the day-pass?
C) how long would it take for me to reach the airport from the waterfront? I'd really like to catch the view at dusk/slightly after dark and, of course, have enough time to catch my connecting flight, which would be around midnight.
D) Is HK pedestrian friendly if I need to cover short distances, e.g. 15 mins?
Appreciate any tips!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 2 Hotel, Vegetarian food
- 3 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 4 http://brainammofacts.com/raging-lion/
- 5 First time trip to Japan questions
- 6 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 7 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/x-alpha/
- 8 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 9 Travel Itenary
- 10 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 11 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 12 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 13 Thailand - Help with Itinerary 15 Days to incl. North & South
- 14 japan itenirary help
- 15 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 16 Is this crazy?
- 17 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 18 thai baht allowance
- 19 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 20 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 21 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 22 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 23 In Seoul for one day
- 24 Japan & WiFi
- 25 Bali airport transportation