I am just starting to look at options for a honeymoon in june (22-30) for 7-10 days. Some specifics about us which make it slightly hard, my fiance is not a swimmer and is vegetarian. I like to swim/snorkel etc and really love to stay on the beach... also eat fish/meat.
Here is my current planned itinerary; please provide suggestions -
Bali St Regis, Nusa Dua for 5 nights - I travel a lot, so used spg points on this one. The hotel coordinator is saying she will upgrade us to a strand villa - anybody have experience with this one? I am looking to spend <400 USD/night for this area.. so any suggestions outside of the Regis are welcome.
Ubud for 3 nights - looking to spend <300 USD/night .. was considering the Viceroy, but does not seem like fodorites have much experience with it. Any other suggestions? An exclusive pool would be nice.
Singapore (stop-over) for 2 nights at St Regis - Again using points. The value of points is ~200 USD/night, so alternate location or suggestion will be nice.
Also, any suggestions for vegetarian food for Nusa Dua and Ubud? St Regis has promised a good selection ahead of time, but would also like to go out when possible.
Also, is it better to do Nusa dua and then Ubud or the other way round.. does it matter?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 2 First time to India
- 3 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 4 First time getting out of the country
- 5 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 6 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 7 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 8 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 9 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 10 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 11 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 12 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 13 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 14 Planning my Philippines trip
- 15 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 16 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 17 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 18 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 19 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 20 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 21 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 22 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 23 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 24 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 25 12 days in Thailand itinerary