We are planning on taking about a 2 week honeymoon from NYC in late February/March (flexible on dates, but January is not possible). I feel overwhelmed by the choices in SE Asia. Thailand looks beautiful, but we feel it's too built up/touristy. I definitely want to spend some time at an Elephant Camp, so I thought we would enjoy Chiang Rai but it looks like we could do this in Laos.
We like light hiking, jungles, animals, could do a few beach/pool days but we are not intersted in Phuket etc or a beach only place. We also are not intersted in Bangkok, KL etc for more than a day. We prefer nature to temples/culture or a built up resort area. We do not want to be 'roughing' it really- budget - pref no more than $400 a night USD.
Places that look intersting to us are:
-Chiang Mai (only at the recommendation of friends who honeymooned in Thailand)
-Chengdu in china (only for the Pandas)
Any thoughts, suggestions, etc GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 I need your HELP!
- 2 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 3 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 4 Tokyo hotel help
- 5 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 6 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 7 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 8 Bali - What to do?
- 9 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 10 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 11 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 12 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 13 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 14 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 15 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 16 Private tours in Northern India
- 17 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 18 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 19 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 20 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 21 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 22 Vietnam visa
- 23 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 24 Family Friendly Penang
- 25 Train trip costs help please