We are planning on taking about a 2 week honeymoon from NYC in late February/March (flexible on dates, but January is not possible). I feel overwhelmed by the choices in SE Asia. Thailand looks beautiful, but we feel it's too built up/touristy. I definitely want to spend some time at an Elephant Camp, so I thought we would enjoy Chiang Rai but it looks like we could do this in Laos.
We like light hiking, jungles, animals, could do a few beach/pool days but we are not intersted in Phuket etc or a beach only place. We also are not intersted in Bangkok, KL etc for more than a day. We prefer nature to temples/culture or a built up resort area. We do not want to be 'roughing' it really- budget - pref no more than $400 a night USD.
Places that look intersting to us are:
-Chiang Mai (only at the recommendation of friends who honeymooned in Thailand)
-Chengdu in china (only for the Pandas)
Any thoughts, suggestions, etc GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 스위피게임 ※연결 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 2 야마토 ▣접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 3 신천지 ※연결 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 4 게임몽게임 ≪ 접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 5 "necessities" for India
- 6 14 days in Myanmar
- 7 Short trip to Myanmar
- 8 ATMs in Japan
- 9 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 10 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 11 Changing planes at Dubai
- 12 50th Anniversary trip
- 13 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 14 Four Best Sakura Sightseeing Places in Tokyo
- 15 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 16 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 17 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 18 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 19 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 20 Mandalay questions
- 21 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 22 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 23 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 24 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 25 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia