We are planning on taking about a 2 week honeymoon from NYC in late February/March (flexible on dates, but January is not possible). I feel overwhelmed by the choices in SE Asia. Thailand looks beautiful, but we feel it's too built up/touristy. I definitely want to spend some time at an Elephant Camp, so I thought we would enjoy Chiang Rai but it looks like we could do this in Laos.
We like light hiking, jungles, animals, could do a few beach/pool days but we are not intersted in Phuket etc or a beach only place. We also are not intersted in Bangkok, KL etc for more than a day. We prefer nature to temples/culture or a built up resort area. We do not want to be 'roughing' it really- budget - pref no more than $400 a night USD.
Places that look intersting to us are:
-Chiang Mai (only at the recommendation of friends who honeymooned in Thailand)
-Chengdu in china (only for the Pandas)
Any thoughts, suggestions, etc GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 So excited - going to Siem Reap
- 2 Hotel Chang Mai
- 3 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 4 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 5 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 6 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 7 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 8 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 9 Hotel in Hanoi
- 10 India help needed
- 11 Beach hotel Thailand
- 12 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 13 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 14 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 15 Sim cards and adaptors
- 16 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 17 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 18 Sri Lanka Visa
- 19 Hoi Ann hotel
- 20 Place to stay Hue
- 21 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 22 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 23 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 24 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 25 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby