We are planning on taking about a 2 week honeymoon from NYC in late February/March (flexible on dates, but January is not possible). I feel overwhelmed by the choices in SE Asia. Thailand looks beautiful, but we feel it's too built up/touristy. I definitely want to spend some time at an Elephant Camp, so I thought we would enjoy Chiang Rai but it looks like we could do this in Laos.
We like light hiking, jungles, animals, could do a few beach/pool days but we are not intersted in Phuket etc or a beach only place. We also are not intersted in Bangkok, KL etc for more than a day. We prefer nature to temples/culture or a built up resort area. We do not want to be 'roughing' it really- budget - pref no more than $400 a night USD.
Places that look intersting to us are:
-Chiang Mai (only at the recommendation of friends who honeymooned in Thailand)
-Chengdu in china (only for the Pandas)
Any thoughts, suggestions, etc GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 2 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 3 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 4 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 5 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 6 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 7 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 8 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 9 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 10 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 11 Hanoi Hotel
- 12 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 13 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 14 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 15 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 16 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 17 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 18 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 19 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 20 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 21 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 24 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 25 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?