I have been given the task of planning the honeymoon for my fiancee and I who are getting married in Feb 2017. We've narrowed it down to two options, and I'd really appreciate some advice and guidance on our choices:
We want to do a twin centre honeymoon, starting with a luxury hotel in Hong Kong (for 3 nights) and flying from here to a more relaxing 10 night stay. Our choice is currently between Bali (Ubud & then onwards to Lombok / islands) OR Philippines (we haven't done much research on this!)
#What we want?
-Secluded feel, but within reach of local towns/villages
-Culture & things to see & do - diving / temples / nature (we like a good beach but it isn't all about that!)
-Good food (we would like to be able to eat & drink in local recommended places)
-Mix of environment ie. the lush parts of Ubud, combined with the beaches is a real plus
-Not a resort - we're a bit concerned about how commercial Bali might be
#Things to consider-
-We are in our late 20s
-We've been to most of SE Asia and loved it (particularly Koh Tao in Thailand, and Hoi An in Vietnam)
-Our budget is c. £4-5k inclusive, including flights and the Hong Kong part
-We are travelling in February 2017
Thank you in advance for your help - ANY SUGGESTIONS VERY WELCOME!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 2 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 3 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 4 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 5 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 6 3 weeks in Japan
- 7 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 8 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 9 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 10 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 11 India Tour Companies
- 12 Vietnam Dong
- 13 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 14 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 15 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 16 New Years in Japan
- 17 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 18 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 19 Touristy Thailand
- 20 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 21 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 22 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 23 Myanmar tour companies
- 24 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 25 A Victory Day Tour