I have been given the task of planning the honeymoon for my fiancee and I who are getting married in Feb 2017. We've narrowed it down to two options, and I'd really appreciate some advice and guidance on our choices:
We want to do a twin centre honeymoon, starting with a luxury hotel in Hong Kong (for 3 nights) and flying from here to a more relaxing 10 night stay. Our choice is currently between Bali (Ubud & then onwards to Lombok / islands) OR Philippines (we haven't done much research on this!)
#What we want?
-Secluded feel, but within reach of local towns/villages
-Culture & things to see & do - diving / temples / nature (we like a good beach but it isn't all about that!)
-Good food (we would like to be able to eat & drink in local recommended places)
-Mix of environment ie. the lush parts of Ubud, combined with the beaches is a real plus
-Not a resort - we're a bit concerned about how commercial Bali might be
#Things to consider-
-We are in our late 20s
-We've been to most of SE Asia and loved it (particularly Koh Tao in Thailand, and Hoi An in Vietnam)
-Our budget is c. £4-5k inclusive, including flights and the Hong Kong part
-We are travelling in February 2017
Thank you in advance for your help - ANY SUGGESTIONS VERY WELCOME!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 2 Japan itinerary advice
- 3 Trip Report : China
- 4 Japan GTG, early April
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 7 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 8 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 9 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 10 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 11 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 12 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 13 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 14 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 15 Beijing tours
- 16 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 17 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 18 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 19 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 22 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 23 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 24 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 25 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama