I'm starting to plan a honeymoon for mid-October. We want to get to Bali (particularly the Ubud region has been recommended) and Siem Reap. Since flying to Bangkok is easiest, and between the two cities, we decided to explore it as well.
We have 3 weeks or 20-21 days, from Oct. 14 to Nov. 3 or Nov. 4, and a budget of roughly $8,000. I'm not overly familiar with SE Asia pricing, so I don't know if this is too low or not. We are prepared to dedicate 3-4 days to traveling between the three cities, but do not want to have to move again once we get to each city.
We are looking for relaxation for the majority of the time, but are very eager to see Angkor Wat and some other temples while we are there. We'd like a nice mix of relaxation and culture/history. We are also okay with resorts.
Does anyone have suggestions on an itinerary, hotels to stay at, etc.? Where will we need a guide and where will we not? Is it hard getting from the airports to the main cities? We are just beginning our planning, so any suggestions would be great. We are coming from Washington, D.C. in the states.
Finally, if budget doesn't allow us to get to Bali, we'd also be open to doing a more Thailand focused trip, and cutting out Bali, but not Siem Reap. Would Phuket, Siem Reap, and Bangkok be a good alternate? We'd like to limit our time to 3, at most 4 cities -- the more cities we cover, the higher the price will be, and the less time we will have to enjoy each city.
Honeymoon: Bangkok, Bali, Siem Reap
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 2 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 3 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 4 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 5 Places to visit in India in October
- 6 Amphawa Floating Market
- 7 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 8 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 9 Currency in South Korea
- 10 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 11 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 12 Krabi island tours
- 13 6 full days in Yagoon
- 14 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 15 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 16 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 17 Malaysian honeymoon
- 18 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 19 Myanmar itinerary help
- 20 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 21 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 22 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 23 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel
- 24 Burma? Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam? - I need some help!
- 25 Internal flights in Thailand - buy ASAP or no big deal to wait?