I'm starting to plan a honeymoon for mid-October. We want to get to Bali (particularly the Ubud region has been recommended) and Siem Reap. Since flying to Bangkok is easiest, and between the two cities, we decided to explore it as well.
We have 3 weeks or 20-21 days, from Oct. 14 to Nov. 3 or Nov. 4, and a budget of roughly $8,000. I'm not overly familiar with SE Asia pricing, so I don't know if this is too low or not. We are prepared to dedicate 3-4 days to traveling between the three cities, but do not want to have to move again once we get to each city.
We are looking for relaxation for the majority of the time, but are very eager to see Angkor Wat and some other temples while we are there. We'd like a nice mix of relaxation and culture/history. We are also okay with resorts.
Does anyone have suggestions on an itinerary, hotels to stay at, etc.? Where will we need a guide and where will we not? Is it hard getting from the airports to the main cities? We are just beginning our planning, so any suggestions would be great. We are coming from Washington, D.C. in the states.
Finally, if budget doesn't allow us to get to Bali, we'd also be open to doing a more Thailand focused trip, and cutting out Bali, but not Siem Reap. Would Phuket, Siem Reap, and Bangkok be a good alternate? We'd like to limit our time to 3, at most 4 cities -- the more cities we cover, the higher the price will be, and the less time we will have to enjoy each city.
Honeymoon: Bangkok, Bali, Siem Reap
- 1 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 2 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"
- 3 ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM
- 4 Don't use World Expeditions
- 5 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 6 First time in Japan
- 7 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 8 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 9 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 10 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 11 Magical India
- 12 Heyloo Hampi
- 13 Southern India
- 14 Bangkok - November 2014
- 15 Villa in Canggu Bali
- 16 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 17 Where to Stay - Hong Kong or Kowloon?
- 18 Best Food in Tokyo
- 19 Lombok and Gili islands advice about distance/time to the airport
- 20 Boracay Island, Philippines
- 21 BALI Honeymoon February 2014
- 22 Comments/suggestions on Borneo itinerary
- 23 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 24 Bangkok Taxi Complaints
- 25 Thailand in June