I'm starting to plan a honeymoon for mid-October. We want to get to Bali (particularly the Ubud region has been recommended) and Siem Reap. Since flying to Bangkok is easiest, and between the two cities, we decided to explore it as well.
We have 3 weeks or 20-21 days, from Oct. 14 to Nov. 3 or Nov. 4, and a budget of roughly $8,000. I'm not overly familiar with SE Asia pricing, so I don't know if this is too low or not. We are prepared to dedicate 3-4 days to traveling between the three cities, but do not want to have to move again once we get to each city.
We are looking for relaxation for the majority of the time, but are very eager to see Angkor Wat and some other temples while we are there. We'd like a nice mix of relaxation and culture/history. We are also okay with resorts.
Does anyone have suggestions on an itinerary, hotels to stay at, etc.? Where will we need a guide and where will we not? Is it hard getting from the airports to the main cities? We are just beginning our planning, so any suggestions would be great. We are coming from Washington, D.C. in the states.
Finally, if budget doesn't allow us to get to Bali, we'd also be open to doing a more Thailand focused trip, and cutting out Bali, but not Siem Reap. Would Phuket, Siem Reap, and Bangkok be a good alternate? We'd like to limit our time to 3, at most 4 cities -- the more cities we cover, the higher the price will be, and the less time we will have to enjoy each city.
Honeymoon: Bangkok, Bali, Siem Reap
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 2 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 3 Destination Bangkok, again
- 4 Vietnam October 2014
- 5 Gurgaon, the business hub of Haryana is also a tourist destination
- 6 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 7 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 8 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 9 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 10 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 11 Sihanoukville - is it possible to rent a small hut?
- 12 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 13 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 14 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 15 N. India itinerary feedback
- 16 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 17 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 18 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 19 Bangkok - State Railways of Thailand - All the Excursions
- 20 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 21 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 22 Travel during China national week?
- 23 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 24 Bali or Fiji
- 25 flight details from Chicago area to BKK