I'm starting to plan a honeymoon for mid-October. We want to get to Bali (particularly the Ubud region has been recommended) and Siem Reap. Since flying to Bangkok is easiest, and between the two cities, we decided to explore it as well.
We have 3 weeks or 20-21 days, from Oct. 14 to Nov. 3 or Nov. 4, and a budget of roughly $8,000. I'm not overly familiar with SE Asia pricing, so I don't know if this is too low or not. We are prepared to dedicate 3-4 days to traveling between the three cities, but do not want to have to move again once we get to each city.
We are looking for relaxation for the majority of the time, but are very eager to see Angkor Wat and some other temples while we are there. We'd like a nice mix of relaxation and culture/history. We are also okay with resorts.
Does anyone have suggestions on an itinerary, hotels to stay at, etc.? Where will we need a guide and where will we not? Is it hard getting from the airports to the main cities? We are just beginning our planning, so any suggestions would be great. We are coming from Washington, D.C. in the states.
Finally, if budget doesn't allow us to get to Bali, we'd also be open to doing a more Thailand focused trip, and cutting out Bali, but not Siem Reap. Would Phuket, Siem Reap, and Bangkok be a good alternate? We'd like to limit our time to 3, at most 4 cities -- the more cities we cover, the higher the price will be, and the less time we will have to enjoy each city.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.healthcarebooster.com/image-revive/
- 2 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 3 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 4 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 5 procedures can guarantee
- 6 especially as the floor
- 7 Body Building - 10 Tips At A Better Body
- 8 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 9 How Generate Muscle Or Should I Be Strength Training?
- 10 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 11 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 12 Passport
- 13 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 14 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 15 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 16 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 17 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 18 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 19 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 20 Amakusa island help
- 21 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 22 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 23 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 24 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 25 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.