I'm starting to plan a honeymoon for mid-October. We want to get to Bali (particularly the Ubud region has been recommended) and Siem Reap. Since flying to Bangkok is easiest, and between the two cities, we decided to explore it as well.
We have 3 weeks or 20-21 days, from Oct. 14 to Nov. 3 or Nov. 4, and a budget of roughly $8,000. I'm not overly familiar with SE Asia pricing, so I don't know if this is too low or not. We are prepared to dedicate 3-4 days to traveling between the three cities, but do not want to have to move again once we get to each city.
We are looking for relaxation for the majority of the time, but are very eager to see Angkor Wat and some other temples while we are there. We'd like a nice mix of relaxation and culture/history. We are also okay with resorts.
Does anyone have suggestions on an itinerary, hotels to stay at, etc.? Where will we need a guide and where will we not? Is it hard getting from the airports to the main cities? We are just beginning our planning, so any suggestions would be great. We are coming from Washington, D.C. in the states.
Finally, if budget doesn't allow us to get to Bali, we'd also be open to doing a more Thailand focused trip, and cutting out Bali, but not Siem Reap. Would Phuket, Siem Reap, and Bangkok be a good alternate? We'd like to limit our time to 3, at most 4 cities -- the more cities we cover, the higher the price will be, and the less time we will have to enjoy each city.
Honeymoon: Bangkok, Bali, Siem Reap
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 2 1st time Japan - solo female
- 3 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 4 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 5 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 6 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 Odyssey unlimited
- 9 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 10 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 11 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 12 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 13 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 19 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!