I'm starting to plan a honeymoon for mid-October. We want to get to Bali (particularly the Ubud region has been recommended) and Siem Reap. Since flying to Bangkok is easiest, and between the two cities, we decided to explore it as well.
We have 3 weeks or 20-21 days, from Oct. 14 to Nov. 3 or Nov. 4, and a budget of roughly $8,000. I'm not overly familiar with SE Asia pricing, so I don't know if this is too low or not. We are prepared to dedicate 3-4 days to traveling between the three cities, but do not want to have to move again once we get to each city.
We are looking for relaxation for the majority of the time, but are very eager to see Angkor Wat and some other temples while we are there. We'd like a nice mix of relaxation and culture/history. We are also okay with resorts.
Does anyone have suggestions on an itinerary, hotels to stay at, etc.? Where will we need a guide and where will we not? Is it hard getting from the airports to the main cities? We are just beginning our planning, so any suggestions would be great. We are coming from Washington, D.C. in the states.
Finally, if budget doesn't allow us to get to Bali, we'd also be open to doing a more Thailand focused trip, and cutting out Bali, but not Siem Reap. Would Phuket, Siem Reap, and Bangkok be a good alternate? We'd like to limit our time to 3, at most 4 cities -- the more cities we cover, the higher the price will be, and the less time we will have to enjoy each city.
Honeymoon: Bangkok, Bali, Siem Reap
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal
- 2 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 3 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 6 Japan - spending money?
- 7 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 8 two free days in Beijing
- 9 China in 12 Days
- 10 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 11 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 12 1st Trip to Bali
- 13 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 14 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 15 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 16 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 17 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 18 water villages, shanghai
- 19 language problem in japan
- 20 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 21 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 22 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 23 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 24 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 25 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice