I'm starting to plan a honeymoon for mid-October. We want to get to Bali (particularly the Ubud region has been recommended) and Siem Reap. Since flying to Bangkok is easiest, and between the two cities, we decided to explore it as well.
We have 3 weeks or 20-21 days, from Oct. 14 to Nov. 3 or Nov. 4, and a budget of roughly $8,000. I'm not overly familiar with SE Asia pricing, so I don't know if this is too low or not. We are prepared to dedicate 3-4 days to traveling between the three cities, but do not want to have to move again once we get to each city.
We are looking for relaxation for the majority of the time, but are very eager to see Angkor Wat and some other temples while we are there. We'd like a nice mix of relaxation and culture/history. We are also okay with resorts.
Does anyone have suggestions on an itinerary, hotels to stay at, etc.? Where will we need a guide and where will we not? Is it hard getting from the airports to the main cities? We are just beginning our planning, so any suggestions would be great. We are coming from Washington, D.C. in the states.
Finally, if budget doesn't allow us to get to Bali, we'd also be open to doing a more Thailand focused trip, and cutting out Bali, but not Siem Reap. Would Phuket, Siem Reap, and Bangkok be a good alternate? We'd like to limit our time to 3, at most 4 cities -- the more cities we cover, the higher the price will be, and the less time we will have to enjoy each city.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 14 days in Myanmar
- 2 Harbin in mid March
- 3 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 4 Changing planes at Dubai
- 5 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 6 50th Anniversary trip
- 7 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 8 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 9 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 10 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 11 Indian Food Series
- 12 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 13 "necessities" for India
- 14 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 15 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 16 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 17 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 18 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 19 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 20 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 21 Short trip to Myanmar
- 22 ATMs in Japan
- 23 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 24 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 25 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report