I'm starting to plan a honeymoon for mid-October. We want to get to Bali (particularly the Ubud region has been recommended) and Siem Reap. Since flying to Bangkok is easiest, and between the two cities, we decided to explore it as well.
We have 3 weeks or 20-21 days, from Oct. 14 to Nov. 3 or Nov. 4, and a budget of roughly $8,000. I'm not overly familiar with SE Asia pricing, so I don't know if this is too low or not. We are prepared to dedicate 3-4 days to traveling between the three cities, but do not want to have to move again once we get to each city.
We are looking for relaxation for the majority of the time, but are very eager to see Angkor Wat and some other temples while we are there. We'd like a nice mix of relaxation and culture/history. We are also okay with resorts.
Does anyone have suggestions on an itinerary, hotels to stay at, etc.? Where will we need a guide and where will we not? Is it hard getting from the airports to the main cities? We are just beginning our planning, so any suggestions would be great. We are coming from Washington, D.C. in the states.
Finally, if budget doesn't allow us to get to Bali, we'd also be open to doing a more Thailand focused trip, and cutting out Bali, but not Siem Reap. Would Phuket, Siem Reap, and Bangkok be a good alternate? We'd like to limit our time to 3, at most 4 cities -- the more cities we cover, the higher the price will be, and the less time we will have to enjoy each city.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 2 Which Thailand beach is best for early October weather?
- 3 Bali & Singapore
- 4 Thailand - Help with Itinerary 15 Days to incl. North & South
- 5 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 6 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 7 An island paradise?
- 8 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 9 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 10 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 11 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 12 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 13 Is SE Asia overrated as a cheap destination?
- 14 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 16 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 17 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 18 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 19 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 20 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 21 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 22 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 23 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 24 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 25 Earthquake in Myanmar