I'm starting to plan a honeymoon for mid-October. We want to get to Bali (particularly the Ubud region has been recommended) and Siem Reap. Since flying to Bangkok is easiest, and between the two cities, we decided to explore it as well.
We have 3 weeks or 20-21 days, from Oct. 14 to Nov. 3 or Nov. 4, and a budget of roughly $8,000. I'm not overly familiar with SE Asia pricing, so I don't know if this is too low or not. We are prepared to dedicate 3-4 days to traveling between the three cities, but do not want to have to move again once we get to each city.
We are looking for relaxation for the majority of the time, but are very eager to see Angkor Wat and some other temples while we are there. We'd like a nice mix of relaxation and culture/history. We are also okay with resorts.
Does anyone have suggestions on an itinerary, hotels to stay at, etc.? Where will we need a guide and where will we not? Is it hard getting from the airports to the main cities? We are just beginning our planning, so any suggestions would be great. We are coming from Washington, D.C. in the states.
Finally, if budget doesn't allow us to get to Bali, we'd also be open to doing a more Thailand focused trip, and cutting out Bali, but not Siem Reap. Would Phuket, Siem Reap, and Bangkok be a good alternate? We'd like to limit our time to 3, at most 4 cities -- the more cities we cover, the higher the price will be, and the less time we will have to enjoy each city.
Honeymoon: Bangkok, Bali, Siem Reap
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 2 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 3 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 4 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 5 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 6 vietnam and laos
- 7 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 8 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 9 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 10 Connaught Place
- 11 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 12 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 13 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 14 Nepal- recipe?
- 15 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 16 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 17 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 18 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 19 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 20 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 21 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 22 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 23 My SEA trip - photos update
- 24 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 25 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.