I'm starting to plan a honeymoon for mid-October. We want to get to Bali (particularly the Ubud region has been recommended) and Siem Reap. Since flying to Bangkok is easiest, and between the two cities, we decided to explore it as well.
We have 3 weeks or 20-21 days, from Oct. 14 to Nov. 3 or Nov. 4, and a budget of roughly $8,000. I'm not overly familiar with SE Asia pricing, so I don't know if this is too low or not. We are prepared to dedicate 3-4 days to traveling between the three cities, but do not want to have to move again once we get to each city.
We are looking for relaxation for the majority of the time, but are very eager to see Angkor Wat and some other temples while we are there. We'd like a nice mix of relaxation and culture/history. We are also okay with resorts.
Does anyone have suggestions on an itinerary, hotels to stay at, etc.? Where will we need a guide and where will we not? Is it hard getting from the airports to the main cities? We are just beginning our planning, so any suggestions would be great. We are coming from Washington, D.C. in the states.
Finally, if budget doesn't allow us to get to Bali, we'd also be open to doing a more Thailand focused trip, and cutting out Bali, but not Siem Reap. Would Phuket, Siem Reap, and Bangkok be a good alternate? We'd like to limit our time to 3, at most 4 cities -- the more cities we cover, the higher the price will be, and the less time we will have to enjoy each city.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 how to use Alpha performance enhancer
- 2 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 3 Developing The Taste Musclebuilding Diet
- 4 http://www.piratetoyshop.com/max-test-xtreme/
- 5 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 6 http://www.supplementadvise.com/optimum-garcinia-plus/
- 7 Local Packers Movers Hyderabad
- 8 Local Packers and Movers Mumbai
- 9 http://www.piratetoyshop.com/max-test-xtreme/
- 10 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 11 Hydraulic tube fittings Manufacturers, Suppliers & Exporters | nexus
- 12 manaslu trekking Nepal in september
- 13 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-no2/
- 14 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 15 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 16 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 17 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 18 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 19 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 20 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 21 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 23 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 24 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 25 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)