a minute ago
Hi I'm planning a 13 day trip to H okkaido in June with my family (including 2 kids, 9 and 7). Given the distances, I'm planning on focusing on Central Hokkaido -- Taisetsu San National Park ; and Eastern Hokkaido -- Shiretoko National Park. As these places are probably the farthest from city-scapes that we're too used to. I want my kids to see and experience nature and the more natural, the better.
I'm now trying to decide where and how to fly to the area. Initially, the plan was to transit in Tokyo (from Singapore) and then immediately fly to Sapporo. I just learned that there are other Hokkaido airports I can consider .. such as Asahikawa or Memanbetsu. Rent a car from the airport and explore Central & Eastern Hokkaido.
Some questions :
1. Where should I fly to ? Asakahikawa or Memanbetsu ? And what drive route should I take ? To maximize our 13 days there given that distances are far and wide.
If we landed in Sapporo, we would already use up 14 hours (1 day) driving back and forth to Shiretoko.
What airline would you recommend ?
1. Aside from the parks I mention above, any other recommendations ? Or should we go further out and explore beyond Central & Eastern Hokkaido ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India help needed
- 2 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 3 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 4 Sim cards and adaptors
- 5 Sri Lanka Visa
- 6 Hoi Ann hotel
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Place to stay Hue
- 9 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 10 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 11 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 12 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 13 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 14 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 15 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 16 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 17 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 18 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 19 Trekking outside Sapa
- 20 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 21 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 22 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 23 Go to Pai or not?
- 24 Ko Kraden hotels
- 25 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake