a minute ago
Hi I'm planning a 13 day trip to H okkaido in June with my family (including 2 kids, 9 and 7). Given the distances, I'm planning on focusing on Central Hokkaido -- Taisetsu San National Park ; and Eastern Hokkaido -- Shiretoko National Park. As these places are probably the farthest from city-scapes that we're too used to. I want my kids to see and experience nature and the more natural, the better.
I'm now trying to decide where and how to fly to the area. Initially, the plan was to transit in Tokyo (from Singapore) and then immediately fly to Sapporo. I just learned that there are other Hokkaido airports I can consider .. such as Asahikawa or Memanbetsu. Rent a car from the airport and explore Central & Eastern Hokkaido.
Some questions :
1. Where should I fly to ? Asakahikawa or Memanbetsu ? And what drive route should I take ? To maximize our 13 days there given that distances are far and wide.
If we landed in Sapporo, we would already use up 14 hours (1 day) driving back and forth to Shiretoko.
What airline would you recommend ?
1. Aside from the parks I mention above, any other recommendations ? Or should we go further out and explore beyond Central & Eastern Hokkaido ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Years in Japan
- 2 Advice on hotels in Shinjuku
- 3 A Victory Day Tour
- 4 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 5 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 6 Traffic and Police in India
- 7 India visa for new passport
- 8 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 9 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 10 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 11 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 12 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 13 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 14 Serendipity Srilanka
- 15 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 16 New Thai Visa
- 17 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 18 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 19 Sri Lanka in December
- 20 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 21 january 31 in colombo
- 22 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 23 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 24 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 25 3 weeks in Japan