My family is planning about a 2 week trip to Vietnam in December. We are currently starting our trip in Hanoi and from there taking a 2 day 1 night Halong Bay cruise and spending either 2 or 3 days in Sapa. We are now trying to decide how to spend the second week of our trip, Hoi An or Phu Quoc? I know these are two very different places, but both have different draws for us. We love the looks of ancient town Hoi an as well as the opportunity to visit the My Son ruins, take boat rides down the river, see the lanterns and walk through the markets, but the beaches and jungle of Phu Quoc look hard to beat. We could compromise for the beaches near Hoi An, we are just worried that the weather won't be the best. We don't mind a little colder temperatures (around 70-75 degrees fahrenheit mid day) but would like to avoid as much rain and cloudy skies as we can. Would late december be an good time to visit Hoi An and spend some time on the beaches there, or would Phu Quoc Be a better option. I would hate to miss Hoi An, seeing as how it is the place I am most looking forward to seeing, but if it means getting rained on and flooded in the whole time...
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 2 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 3 Tokyo daytrip
- 4 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 5 Bali - What to do?
- 6 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 7 Impressions of India
- 8 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 9 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 10 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 11 Taiwan confusion..
- 12 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 13 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 14 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 15 Laos- two weeks in January
- 16 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 17 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 18 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 19 Visa for India
- 20 Snapshots From Kerala
- 21 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 22 Other than Kyoto?
- 23 Japan itinerary advice
- 24 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 25 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback