My family is planning about a 2 week trip to Vietnam in December. We are currently starting our trip in Hanoi and from there taking a 2 day 1 night Halong Bay cruise and spending either 2 or 3 days in Sapa. We are now trying to decide how to spend the second week of our trip, Hoi An or Phu Quoc? I know these are two very different places, but both have different draws for us. We love the looks of ancient town Hoi an as well as the opportunity to visit the My Son ruins, take boat rides down the river, see the lanterns and walk through the markets, but the beaches and jungle of Phu Quoc look hard to beat. We could compromise for the beaches near Hoi An, we are just worried that the weather won't be the best. We don't mind a little colder temperatures (around 70-75 degrees fahrenheit mid day) but would like to avoid as much rain and cloudy skies as we can. Would late december be an good time to visit Hoi An and spend some time on the beaches there, or would Phu Quoc Be a better option. I would hate to miss Hoi An, seeing as how it is the place I am most looking forward to seeing, but if it means getting rained on and flooded in the whole time...
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 2 Laos planning.
- 3 Impressions of India
- 4 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 5 Bye bye SE Asia
- 6 Japan - costs
- 7 Japan for Foodies
- 8 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 9 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 10 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 11 Japan Rail Pass
- 12 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 13 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 14 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 15 Sri Lanka May
- 16 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 17 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 18 Japan rough itinerary
- 19 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 20 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 21 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 24 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 25 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July