My family is planning about a 2 week trip to Vietnam in December. We are currently starting our trip in Hanoi and from there taking a 2 day 1 night Halong Bay cruise and spending either 2 or 3 days in Sapa. We are now trying to decide how to spend the second week of our trip, Hoi An or Phu Quoc? I know these are two very different places, but both have different draws for us. We love the looks of ancient town Hoi an as well as the opportunity to visit the My Son ruins, take boat rides down the river, see the lanterns and walk through the markets, but the beaches and jungle of Phu Quoc look hard to beat. We could compromise for the beaches near Hoi An, we are just worried that the weather won't be the best. We don't mind a little colder temperatures (around 70-75 degrees fahrenheit mid day) but would like to avoid as much rain and cloudy skies as we can. Would late december be an good time to visit Hoi An and spend some time on the beaches there, or would Phu Quoc Be a better option. I would hate to miss Hoi An, seeing as how it is the place I am most looking forward to seeing, but if it means getting rained on and flooded in the whole time...
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 2 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 3 November, March, June... Japan?
- 4 Itinerary Help Japan
- 5 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 8 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 9 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 10 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 11 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 12 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 13 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 14 Silk Road Tour - China
- 15 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 16 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 17 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 18 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 19 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 20 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 21 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 22 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 23 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 24 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 25 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set