Just looking for some advice about being in Ho Chi Minh City during the Tet festival. I understand the city will be much quieter, which I don't mind (1st time visiting) as this will be after a few weeks traveling round Thailand.
I originally thought it would be amazing to be there during a festival but after some research I'm concerned we will be at a bit of a loose end with nothing to do if everything closes down. Does any one know if the tunnels, museums etc. will be closed during this period?
I can possibly swap my route around and go before the city closes down & head back to Thailand - would anyone recommend this option?
Does the city have any sort of celebration during these days so that we can go out and join in the festivities etc.
Thanks for any help or suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to Celebrate New Year 2016 in Pakistan?
- 2 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 3 India help needed
- 4 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 5 Sim cards and adaptors
- 6 Sri Lanka Visa
- 7 Hoi Ann hotel
- 8 Hotel in Hanoi
- 9 Place to stay Hue
- 10 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 11 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 12 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 13 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 14 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 15 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 16 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 17 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 18 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 19 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 20 Trekking outside Sapa
- 21 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 22 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 23 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 24 Go to Pai or not?
- 25 Ko Kraden hotels