Just looking for some advice about being in Ho Chi Minh City during the Tet festival. I understand the city will be much quieter, which I don't mind (1st time visiting) as this will be after a few weeks traveling round Thailand.
I originally thought it would be amazing to be there during a festival but after some research I'm concerned we will be at a bit of a loose end with nothing to do if everything closes down. Does any one know if the tunnels, museums etc. will be closed during this period?
I can possibly swap my route around and go before the city closes down & head back to Thailand - would anyone recommend this option?
Does the city have any sort of celebration during these days so that we can go out and join in the festivities etc.
Thanks for any help or suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 바다이야기릴게임 ＜접_속: kkn36.com＞
- 2 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 3 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 4 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 5 India Tour Companies
- 6 Bye bye SE Asia
- 7 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 8 Laos planning.
- 9 Japan rough itinerary
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 12 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 13 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 14 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 15 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 16 One night in Osaka
- 17 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 18 Japan - costs
- 19 Japan for Foodies
- 20 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 21 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 22 Japan Rail Pass
- 23 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 24 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 25 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018