Just looking for some advice about being in Ho Chi Minh City during the Tet festival. I understand the city will be much quieter, which I don't mind (1st time visiting) as this will be after a few weeks traveling round Thailand.
I originally thought it would be amazing to be there during a festival but after some research I'm concerned we will be at a bit of a loose end with nothing to do if everything closes down. Does any one know if the tunnels, museums etc. will be closed during this period?
I can possibly swap my route around and go before the city closes down & head back to Thailand - would anyone recommend this option?
Does the city have any sort of celebration during these days so that we can go out and join in the festivities etc.
Thanks for any help or suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 2 Can I access my AOL email in China?
- 3 Help with 2 week itinerary; Beijing to Hong Kong
- 4 Japan / Korea Trip
- 5 vietnam visa
- 6 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 7 Getting a Tote from Thailand-JFK
- 8 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 9 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 10 Taiwan confusion..
- 11 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 12 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 13 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 14 Japan GTG, early April
- 15 Tokyo daytrip
- 16 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 17 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 18 Trip Report : China
- 19 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 20 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 21 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 22 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 23 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 24 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 25 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback