Just looking for some advice about being in Ho Chi Minh City during the Tet festival. I understand the city will be much quieter, which I don't mind (1st time visiting) as this will be after a few weeks traveling round Thailand.
I originally thought it would be amazing to be there during a festival but after some research I'm concerned we will be at a bit of a loose end with nothing to do if everything closes down. Does any one know if the tunnels, museums etc. will be closed during this period?
I can possibly swap my route around and go before the city closes down & head back to Thailand - would anyone recommend this option?
Does the city have any sort of celebration during these days so that we can go out and join in the festivities etc.
Thanks for any help or suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 2 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 3 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 4 Bangkok Taxis
- 5 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 6 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 7 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 8 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 9 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 10 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 11 A month in central Asia
- 12 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 13 Something about... Malaysia
- 14 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 15 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 16 Osaka, aquarium?
- 17 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 18 favorite activities in krabi area
- 19 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 20 Cambodia arrival visa
- 21 Itinerary feedback please
- 22 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 23 24 day trip plan: early stages
- 24 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 25 Singapore with kids