Just looking for some advice about being in Ho Chi Minh City during the Tet festival. I understand the city will be much quieter, which I don't mind (1st time visiting) as this will be after a few weeks traveling round Thailand.
I originally thought it would be amazing to be there during a festival but after some research I'm concerned we will be at a bit of a loose end with nothing to do if everything closes down. Does any one know if the tunnels, museums etc. will be closed during this period?
I can possibly swap my route around and go before the city closes down & head back to Thailand - would anyone recommend this option?
Does the city have any sort of celebration during these days so that we can go out and join in the festivities etc.
Thanks for any help or suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.beaudermaskincare.com/barely-there-cream/
- 2 Benefits of Online Hotel Booking & Popular Hotel Search Engines
- 3 An ode to the beautiful military retreats!
- 4 Sri Lanka in December
- 5 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 6 Sudden holiday to Japan
- 7 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 8 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 9 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 10 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
- 11 Travel Help!! Thailand - Ko Tao, Koh Samui or Ko Pha Ngan
- 12 Vietnam: Itinerary for 15 days in September
- 13 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 14 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 15 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 16 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 17 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 18 Hong Kong
- 19 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 20 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 21 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 22 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 23 Something about... Malaysia
- 24 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 25 Budget Servied Apt