Just looking for some advice about being in Ho Chi Minh City during the Tet festival. I understand the city will be much quieter, which I don't mind (1st time visiting) as this will be after a few weeks traveling round Thailand.
I originally thought it would be amazing to be there during a festival but after some research I'm concerned we will be at a bit of a loose end with nothing to do if everything closes down. Does any one know if the tunnels, museums etc. will be closed during this period?
I can possibly swap my route around and go before the city closes down & head back to Thailand - would anyone recommend this option?
Does the city have any sort of celebration during these days so that we can go out and join in the festivities etc.
Thanks for any help or suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 2 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 3 3 weeks in Japan
- 4 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 5 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 6 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 7 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 8 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 9 India Tour Companies
- 10 Vietnam Dong
- 11 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 12 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 13 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 14 New Years in Japan
- 15 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 18 Touristy Thailand
- 19 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 20 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 21 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 22 Myanmar tour companies
- 23 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 24 A Victory Day Tour
- 25 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?