I have a USA passport but now visiting HK and wish to get a China tourist visa. A statement, years old, from Chinese gov web site suggests that I will need to return to USA to obtain a Chinese visa, as issued by Chinese consulate there. Anyone here have up to date and first hand, info on this topic? I have had many Chinese visas as tourist, worker and invited guest but need one now.
HK visitor from USA: China visa?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 2 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 3 Independent female traveller
- 4 North Vietnam Again!
- 5 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 6 Castle & King
- 7 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 8 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 9 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 10 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 11 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 12 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 13 One week in India
- 14 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 15 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 16 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 17 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 18 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 19 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 20 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 21 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 22 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 23 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor
- 24 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 25 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can