I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Hippie trail ?!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Internal flights in Thailand - buy ASAP or no big deal to wait?
- 2 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 3 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 4 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 5 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 6 6 full days in Yagoon
- 7 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 8 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 9 Kyushu rail pass
- 10 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 11 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 12 A wow spot
- 13 Myanmar itinerary help
- 14 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 15 Phuket travel plans and hotel advise
- 16 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 17 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 18 Terrible experience with BLS international Houston
- 19 Can I arrive 5 days earlier then stated on VISA application?
- 20 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 21 Reading Suggestion for Burma
- 22 T Money or Seoul City Pass Plus
- 23 Considering a month in Hong Kong - Feb/15. Any apartment suggestions?
- 24 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 25 Thailand Hotel HELP