I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 2 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 3 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 4 Totally unprepared
- 5 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 6 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 7 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 8 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 9 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 10 Rental Car Bali
- 11 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 12 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 13 Good Eats in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
- 14 A great trip in India
- 15 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 16 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 17 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 18 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 19 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 20 Beggars in Siem Reap and Angkor
- 21 Some notes about South Korea
- 22 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 23 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 24 Burma itinerary critic.
- 25 Fabric shops in India