I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Hippie trail ?!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 best dining in Kyoto
- 2 Trip report from Phu Quoc in Vietnam
- 3 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 4 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 5 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 6 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 7 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 8 Colombo
- 9 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 10 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 11 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 12 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 13 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 14 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 15 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 16 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 17 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 18 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 19 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 20 Nepal- recipe?
- 21 China trip - 15 nights
- 22 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 23 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 24 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 25 Traveling India in 8 Months