I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Hippie trail ?!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel Insurance
- 2 6.5 days in Java and Bali
- 3 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 4 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 5 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 6 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 7 best dining in Kyoto
- 8 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 9 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 10 Trip report from Phu Quoc in Vietnam
- 11 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 12 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 13 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 14 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 15 Colombo
- 16 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 17 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 18 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 19 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 20 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 21 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 22 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 23 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 24 Nepal- recipe?
- 25 China trip - 15 nights