I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, Angkor, Hanoi: Questions
- 2 Looking for a hotel in Singapore, what areas should I avoid?
- 3 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 4 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 5 Recommendation of a hotel in Hong Kong and Macau
- 6 Indonesia, Hello Bali
- 7 Bangkok, day tours.
- 8 Kyushu in late September
- 9 10-hr layover in Tokyo this Friday, new to JPN
- 10 Georgia e-visa application
- 11 Help on Planning my next year itinerary
- 12 Bangkok, buffet restaurants.
- 13 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 14 My First India Trip
- 15 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 16 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 17 Is luggage check through available between silk air and air china
- 18 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 19 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 20 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 21 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 24 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 25 hanoi eats