I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Any tips to Dhaka?
- 2 My visit to Lao
- 3 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 4 My visit to Thailand
- 5 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 6 5 weeks in Japan
- 7 Gutted!
- 8 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 9 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 10 Family Trip to Japan
- 11 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 12 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 13 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 14 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 15 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 16 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 17 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 18 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 19 New Member
- 20 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 21 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 22 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 23 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 24 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 25 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam