I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Singapore or Bali
- 2 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 3 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 4 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 5 Kuala Lumpur & Penang
- 6 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 7 Business class on JAL
- 8 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 9 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 10 First Time in Thailand Trip Report - Bangkok & Surin Beach, Phuket
- 11 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 12 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 13 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 14 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 15 What beach to choose?!?!
- 16 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 17 Private guides & drivers in China
- 18 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 19 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 20 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 21 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 22 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 23 Traffic in Hanoi
- 24 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 25 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?