I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 2 A train ride through Java
- 3 Castle & King tour questions
- 4 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 5 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 6 A graduation celebration: Two weeks in Singapore, Java and Bali
- 7 Shanghai to Guilin Weekend Trip-July
- 8 5 days Japan
- 9 My First India Trip
- 10 Kathie’s Return to Jogja
- 11 Would This Deter You From Flying On Lao Airlines?
- 12 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 13 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 14 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 15 JAPANiCAN.com
- 16 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 17 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 18 2+3 days in Hong Kong - help w. planning
- 19 Bicycle riding required?
- 20 hanoi eats
- 21 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 22 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 23 Malaysia travel route help!
- 24 3 weeks itinerary China
- 25 Just back from Sabah, Borneo -- Trip report!!!