I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Hippie trail ?!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 2 Should I go to India?
- 3 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 4 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 5 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 6 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 7 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 8 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 9 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 10 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 11 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 13 help with itinerary!
- 14 Having doubts with China
- 15 Christmas Time in India
- 16 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 17 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 18 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 19 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 20 Myanmar podcast
- 21 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 22 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 23 Burma with a toddler
- 24 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 25 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?