I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Burma or Laos.
- 2 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 3 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 4 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 5 Worldspree Thailand or India
- 6 Vietnam - September 2015
- 7 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 8 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 9 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 10 best town to stay at for vsiting in Cultural Triangle area?
- 11 Tips for PNG (Varirata NP & POM stay)
- 12 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 13 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 14 What to do with 2 weeks on honeymoon in Paradise Bali
- 15 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 16 hanoi eats
- 17 Hakone accommodation options
- 18 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 19 Off the beaten track in Japan (Recommendation, please)
- 20 Visa
- 21 Comments please on 6 week South India Itinerary
- 22 Restaurants
- 23 My First Passage to India
- 24 Northern Vietnam Itinerary
- 25 Castle & King tour operator review