I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Hippie trail ?!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nervous and excited !! In need of some advice
- 2 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 3 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 4 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 5 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 6 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 7 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 8 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 9 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 10 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 11 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 12 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong
- 13 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 14 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 15 Writers Needed for Japan
- 16 Favorite guide books for Japan and other advice for planning?
- 17 17 Day Itinerary
- 18 11 hour NRT Tokyo Layover…Asakusa or Narita Town?
- 19 Bali Help
- 20 Chiang Mai to the Beach
- 21 6 days in HK with husband and 6 yr old son-would love recs
- 22 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 23 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 24 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 25 National Parks - which to choose