I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Hippie trail ?!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Japan - Please critique my itineary
- 2 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 3 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 4 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 5 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 6 Penang
- 7 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 8 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 9 India
- 10 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 11 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 12 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 13 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 14 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 15 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 16 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 17 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 18 July itinerary in Japan
- 19 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 20 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 21 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 22 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 23 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 24 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 25 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi