I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to Improve the Lives of Travelers
- 2 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 3 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 5 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 6 My visit to Thailand
- 7 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 8 My visit to Cambodia
- 9 5 weeks in Japan
- 10 Japn tour 10 nights
- 11 Family Trip to Japan
- 12 Tour guides for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, and Nara
- 13 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 14 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 15 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 16 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 17 My visit to Vietnam
- 18 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 19 Nepal
- 20 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 21 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 22 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 23 Gutted!
- 24 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 25 My visit to Lao