I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 2 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 3 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 4 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 5 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 6 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 7 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 8 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 9 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 10 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 11 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 12 November, March, June... Japan?
- 13 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 14 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 15 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 16 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 17 Silk Road Tour - China
- 18 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 19 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 20 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 21 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 22 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 23 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 24 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
- 25 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?