I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Hippie trail ?!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to handle cash in Japan
- 2 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 3 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 4 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 5 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 6 Photos from India!
- 7 Great Wall hike
- 8 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 9 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 10 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 11 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 12 Six days in Hong Kong
- 13 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 14 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 15 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 16 Storing photos while traveling
- 17 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 18 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 19 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 20 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 21 BANGKOK HOTELS
- 22 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 23 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 24 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 25 where is this place in macao?