I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Hippie trail ?!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 2 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 3 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 4 Photos from India!
- 5 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 6 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 7 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 8 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 9 Myanmar River Cruises
- 10 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 11 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 12 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 13 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 14 How to handle cash in Japan
- 15 Great Wall hike
- 16 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 17 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 18 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 19 Six days in Hong Kong
- 20 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 21 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 22 Storing photos while traveling
- 23 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 24 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 25 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?