I'm Will from Canada. I always wanted to backpack trough Turkey, Iran, Afganistan and India so I looked up online and found topics about the hippie trail : a mythical itininery trough middle-east and asia. I'd do : ''Istanbul then [...] the usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India''. I already have some experience in backpacking but nothing compare to middle-east. I know the political realities of these country are difficult but I think I could do it.
If some people have already done it, please give me some tips, place to skip for security reason, whatever that can help
Hippie trail ?!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali , camboidia, Laos itinerary - please tweak
- 2 Planning for Nov/Dec trip to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, LP, Hanoi via HK
- 3 Asia Tour Companies
- 4 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 5 thai air Discovery pass question
- 6 Planning trip to India, have a couple of questions
- 7 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 8 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 9 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 10 Kllok Travel for Hong Kong. Anybody use it?
- 11 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 12 Angkor Wat guide
- 13 Feedback on Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia Itinerary, Please!
- 14 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 15 CAMBODIA to VIETNAM
- 16 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 17 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 18 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 19 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 20 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 21 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 22 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 23 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 24 10 days in South Korea?
- 25 Anantara Riverside Bangkok