It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A letter for the forum administrator
- 2 Japan, japan
- 3 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 4 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 5 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 6 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 7 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 8 April in Bangkok, again!
- 9 Hong Kong restaurants
- 10 Problems at 12,000'
- 11 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 12 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 13 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 14 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 15 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 16 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 17 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 18 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 19 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 20 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 21 How safe is Delhi/India
- 22 Malaria
- 23 Vietnam and coffee
- 24 I'm going to Japan!
- 25 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?