It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 2 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 3 5 days Japan
- 4 Chiang Mai Itinerary 3 days - help with organizing?
- 5 Castle & King tour questions
- 6 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 7 My First India Trip
- 8 Bicycle riding required?
- 9 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 10 A train ride through Java
- 11 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 12 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 13 A graduation celebration: Two weeks in Singapore, Java and Bali
- 14 Shanghai to Guilin Weekend Trip-July
- 15 Kathie’s Return to Jogja
- 16 Would This Deter You From Flying On Lao Airlines?
- 17 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 18 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 19 JAPANiCAN.com
- 20 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 21 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 22 2+3 days in Hong Kong - help w. planning
- 23 hanoi eats
- 24 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 25 Air Asia All You Can Fly