It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 2 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 3 Halong Bay cruise
- 4 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 5 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 6 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 7 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 8 Is this crazy?
- 9 In Seoul for one day
- 10 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 11 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 12 India help with where to go
- 13 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 14 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 15 Taxis in Yangon
- 16 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 17 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 18 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 19 Shanghai Tailor?
- 20 Best of Koh Tao
- 21 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part One
- 22 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 23 Studying yoga in India
- 24 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part Two (more difficult)
- 25 Chiyoda or Shitaya area stay?