It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 2 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 3 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 4 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 5 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 6 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 7 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 8 Connaught Place
- 9 Nepal- recipe?
- 10 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 11 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 12 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 13 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 14 My SEA trip - photos update
- 15 vietnam and laos
- 16 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 17 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 18 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 19 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 20 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 21 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 22 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 23 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 24 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 25 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay