It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 2 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 5 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 6 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 7 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 8 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 9 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 10 Hanoi Hotel
- 11 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 12 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 13 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 14 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 15 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 16 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 17 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 18 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 19 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 20 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 21 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 24 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 25 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?