It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 2 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 3 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 4 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 5 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 6 Palawan, Philippines-TOP island to visit in the world re: El NIdo,Underground River, Tubatahha Reef
- 7 What I like about Mumbai
- 8 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 9 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 10 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 11 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 12 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 13 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 14 Thailand mid-December
- 15 "Naga New Year Festival 2015"
- 16 Indian visa
- 17 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 18 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 19 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 20 One week in Thailand
- 21 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 24 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 25 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much