It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 2 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 3 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 4 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 5 1st time Japan - solo female
- 6 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 7 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 8 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 9 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 10 Odyssey unlimited
- 11 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 12 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 13 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 19 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!