It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 2 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 3 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 4 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 5 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 6 First time to India
- 7 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 8 where to stay in Busan
- 9 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 10 Thai Jungle Experience
- 11 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 12 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 13 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 14 First time getting out of the country
- 15 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 16 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 17 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 18 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 19 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 20 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 21 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 22 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 25 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun