It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India here we come
- 2 Bali - Wedding destination
- 3 2 months in Indonesia
- 4 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 5 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 6 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 7 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 8 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 9 I miss Mongolia
- 10 Seoul Searching Questions
- 11 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 12 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 13 Visa on Arrival
- 14 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 15 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 16 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 17 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 18 Japanese art
- 19 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 20 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 22 First time to SEA
- 23 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 24 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 25 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok