It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 2 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 3 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 4 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 5 Great Tour to Rajasthan / North India with private driver
- 6 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 7 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 8 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 9 Japan Itinerary for May
- 10 Thai island escape
- 11 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 12 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 13 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 14 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 15 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 16 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 17 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 18 South Korea 5 days
- 19 Japan -OAT tour
- 20 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 21 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 22 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 23 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 24 General question
- 25 Train Travel During Golden Week