It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://wellnessfeeds.com/zko-skin-cream/
- 2 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 3 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 4 Explore 7000m Paradise Cave - Vietnam
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 7 Thai Elephants
- 8 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 9 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 10 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 11 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 12 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 13 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 14 Luggage size China ?
- 15 Sri Lanka in August
- 16 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 17 India itinerary critique please
- 18 Japan/Korea/HK
- 19 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 20 Vientiane and ??
- 21 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 22 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 23 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 24 Impressions of India
- 25 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?