It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 2 Tips for PNG (Varirata NP & POM stay)
- 3 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 4 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 5 Burma or Laos.
- 6 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 7 What to do with 2 weeks on honeymoon in Paradise Bali
- 8 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 9 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 10 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 11 Vietnam - September 2015
- 12 hanoi eats
- 13 Hakone accommodation options
- 14 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 15 Off the beaten track in Japan (Recommendation, please)
- 16 Visa
- 17 Comments please on 6 week South India Itinerary
- 18 Restaurants
- 19 My First Passage to India
- 20 Northern Vietnam Itinerary
- 21 Castle & King tour operator review
- 22 Indiana to India Via Texas
- 23 International Schools in Palolem / South Goa
- 24 Vietnam Visa Exemption
- 25 Sri Lanka plan