It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 2 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 3 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 4 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 5 Destination Bangkok, again
- 6 Travel during China national week?
- 7 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 8 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 9 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 10 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 11 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 12 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 13 Favorite travel apps?
- 14 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 15 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 16 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 17 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 18 Foreign currency
- 19 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 20 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 21 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 22 Honeymoon In sept
- 23 Vietnam October 2014
- 24 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 25 Indonesian visa update