It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
- 1 package tours to thailand, flying from us
- 2 laundry services in Thailand and Vietnam for special clothes
- 3 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 4 ypur daily news
- 5 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 6 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 7 Our favorite Bali -- Ubud, Amed, Seminyak, Pemuteran – 2012
- 8 Best beach to stay at in Phuket?
- 9 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 10 China 2013 - 17 Days, 7 Airlines, 12 Flights, 21,206 Miles
- 11 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 12 First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal
- 13 Food in Uzbekistan
- 14 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 15 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 16 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 17 Train Fares in Japan
- 18 First trip to China - Itinerary advice please!
- 19 Firefly airlines - reliable and safe?
- 20 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 21 Udaipur, India
- 22 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 23 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 24 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 25 independent travel in India