It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Trip Delayed
- 2 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 3 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 4 Acne Fact Sheet - Routines, Remedies And Lifestyle Changes
- 5 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 6 Month long SE Asia trip
- 7 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 8 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 9 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 10 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 11 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 12 Cambodia weather
- 13 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 14 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 15 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 16 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 17 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 18 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 19 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 20 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 21 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 22 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 23 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report
- 24 Visa Question - Cambodia
- 25 first draft for Vietnam trip. Critique please