It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
- 1 Burmese itinerary - opinions solicited
- 2 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 3 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 4 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 5 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 6 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 7 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 8 Magical India
- 9 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 10 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 11 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 12 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 13 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 14 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 15 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 16 South East Asia
- 17 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 18 India's Online VISA Application
- 19 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 20 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 21 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 22 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 23 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 24 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 25 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK