It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
- 1 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 2 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 3 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 4 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 5 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 6 Sri Lanka
- 7 Suggestion for Bali
- 8 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 9 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 10 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 11 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 12 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 13 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 14 Family Japan Trip in August for First Time - Hotel Planning Advice
- 15 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 16 Hello, Vietnam
- 17 Is it worth switching hotels in Tokyo?
- 18 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 19 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 20 Kashmir or Nepal
- 21 Udaipur, India
- 22 Ipoh
- 23 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 24 Treasure Junk Halong/Bai Tu Long bay crusie?
- 25 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?