It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 2 A wow spot
- 3 Considering a month in Hong Kong - Feb/15. Any apartment suggestions?
- 4 When to go to Japan in April 2015 (blossoms but avoiding Golden Week)
- 5 Burma (Myanmar) proposed itinerary
- 6 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 7 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 8 climbing in Vietnam
- 9 Vegan food in Japan?
- 10 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 11 A quick breakfast in Hong Kong
- 12 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 13 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 14 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 15 Which Thai island: Ko Phangan, Ko Koh Kao - or another island???
- 16 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 17 Vietnam- when to go to avoid the rain?
- 18 Jw Marriott Phuket or Kho Lak.
- 19 Japan over the New Year
- 20 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 21 Can I arrive 5 days earlier then stated on VISA application?
- 22 Places to buy Malaysian fine crafts
- 23 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 24 Best way to Shimla from Delhi ?
- 25 SIM card