It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
hiking and onsen Tohoku in fall
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Indonesian visa update
- 2 Takayama vs. Matsumoto
- 3 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 4 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 5 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 6 Phuket
- 7 Destination Bangkok, again
- 8 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 9 Solo F Traveller 25yrs 15th August 2014- 11th September 2014
- 10 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 11 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 12 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 13 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 14 Japan and China for 16 days
- 15 Exploring Thailand
- 16 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 17 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 18 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 19 Japan in December
- 20 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 21 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 22 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 23 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 24 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 25 Honeymoon in Nha Trang