It has always been my dream to go to Tohoku to enjoy the autumn colors and the piping hot onsens!
We would like some advice about an intinerary that is simple enough so we can catch a train/bus and spend a few nights at a handful of areas preferably at a leisurely pace.
Can you recommend a few bases where we might spend 2-3 nights each, hike during the day and come back to the ryokan for the evening ?
We have never been to Nikko therefore would also like to include that either on the way up or back.
Is it safe to say that if we traveled mid-October we would be assured of the beautiful foliage in the mountains ?
I am grateful for any advice. Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Java
- 2 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 3 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/maxtropin/
- 4 http://www.trysupercbdreview.com/maxtropin/
- 5 http://crazybulkshop.com/
- 6 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 7 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 8 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 9 Where to Layover
- 10 9 days in Bali
- 11 4.5 days in Singapore
- 12 Layover in Hong Kong
- 13 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 14 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 15 Blooming chart in Japan
- 16 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 17 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 18 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 19 Italy from an Asian base
- 20 Bus service in Nepal
- 21 Travel to India in May?
- 22 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 23 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 24 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 25 Advice for a newbie!