We are planning to trip to China for March 2014 and are planning to travel from Beijing to Xian on overnight train. I would love to also travel by train (rather than air) from Xian to Chengdu and from Chengdu to Shanghai, but I've seen conflicting information about how long it takes. I read that a high-speed line opened between Shanghai and Chengdu in 2011 but can't find much about it, and I also saw that there may (?) be more lines opening in late 2013.
Do you know anything about any of this? I realize that we can't book until close to our travel dates anyway, but I'd like to have a general sense of how we're doing our internal travel.
Many thanks for any information you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 2 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 3 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 4 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 5 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 6 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 7 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 8 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 12 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 15 Takayama trail, Japan
- 16 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 17 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 18 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 19 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 20 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 21 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 22 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 23 Visa for India
- 24 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 25 Hútòng Walking