We are planning to trip to China for March 2014 and are planning to travel from Beijing to Xian on overnight train. I would love to also travel by train (rather than air) from Xian to Chengdu and from Chengdu to Shanghai, but I've seen conflicting information about how long it takes. I read that a high-speed line opened between Shanghai and Chengdu in 2011 but can't find much about it, and I also saw that there may (?) be more lines opening in late 2013.
Do you know anything about any of this? I realize that we can't book until close to our travel dates anyway, but I'd like to have a general sense of how we're doing our internal travel.
Many thanks for any information you can provide!
High-speed train travel between Xian-Changdu-Shanghai
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 china
- 2 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 3 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 4 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 5 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 6 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 7 Mid Dec trip - Trying to plan alone **Feedback please****
- 8 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 9 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 10 New airport in Mumbai
- 11 Advice me to select saving plans in terms of free roaming
- 12 South East Asia
- 13 Driving in Laos
- 14 Two questions about Thailand
- 15 One week in Tokyo
- 16 Agent to book domestic Nepal flights
- 17 Ideal itereneray for Nepal
- 18 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 19 Where to next after watching Nanjing 2014 YOG
- 20 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 21 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 22 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 23 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 24 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 25 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh