We are planning to trip to China for March 2014 and are planning to travel from Beijing to Xian on overnight train. I would love to also travel by train (rather than air) from Xian to Chengdu and from Chengdu to Shanghai, but I've seen conflicting information about how long it takes. I read that a high-speed line opened between Shanghai and Chengdu in 2011 but can't find much about it, and I also saw that there may (?) be more lines opening in late 2013.
Do you know anything about any of this? I realize that we can't book until close to our travel dates anyway, but I'd like to have a general sense of how we're doing our internal travel.
Many thanks for any information you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 2 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 3 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 4 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 5 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 6 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 7 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 8 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 9 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 10 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 11 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 12 Honeymoon in Bali
- 13 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 14 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 15 India E Tourist Visa
- 16 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 17 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 18 New Travelor
- 19 Beautiful location for painting
- 20 ASK FOR CHOOSING RESORT IN NHA TRANG, VIETNAM
- 21 The Lost Frescos of Rajasthan
- 22 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 23 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 24 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 25 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!