We are planning to trip to China for March 2014 and are planning to travel from Beijing to Xian on overnight train. I would love to also travel by train (rather than air) from Xian to Chengdu and from Chengdu to Shanghai, but I've seen conflicting information about how long it takes. I read that a high-speed line opened between Shanghai and Chengdu in 2011 but can't find much about it, and I also saw that there may (?) be more lines opening in late 2013.
Do you know anything about any of this? I realize that we can't book until close to our travel dates anyway, but I'd like to have a general sense of how we're doing our internal travel.
Many thanks for any information you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 2 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 3 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 4 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 5 Is this crazy?
- 6 In Seoul for one day
- 7 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 8 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 9 India help with where to go
- 10 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 11 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 12 Taxis in Yangon
- 13 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 14 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 15 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 16 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 17 Shanghai Tailor?
- 18 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 19 Best of Koh Tao
- 20 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part One
- 21 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 22 Studying yoga in India
- 23 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part Two (more difficult)
- 24 Chiyoda or Shitaya area stay?
- 25 Visit Mandalay or not?