We are planning to trip to China for March 2014 and are planning to travel from Beijing to Xian on overnight train. I would love to also travel by train (rather than air) from Xian to Chengdu and from Chengdu to Shanghai, but I've seen conflicting information about how long it takes. I read that a high-speed line opened between Shanghai and Chengdu in 2011 but can't find much about it, and I also saw that there may (?) be more lines opening in late 2013.
Do you know anything about any of this? I realize that we can't book until close to our travel dates anyway, but I'd like to have a general sense of how we're doing our internal travel.
Many thanks for any information you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Trip Delayed
- 2 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 3 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 4 Month long SE Asia trip
- 5 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 6 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 7 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 8 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 9 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 10 Cambodia weather
- 11 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 12 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 13 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 14 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 15 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 16 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 17 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 18 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 19 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 20 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 21 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report
- 22 Visa Question - Cambodia
- 23 first draft for Vietnam trip. Critique please
- 24 Amakusa island help
- 25 Japan 10 days Hiroshima or Arashiyama Bamboo Grove