We are planning to trip to China for March 2014 and are planning to travel from Beijing to Xian on overnight train. I would love to also travel by train (rather than air) from Xian to Chengdu and from Chengdu to Shanghai, but I've seen conflicting information about how long it takes. I read that a high-speed line opened between Shanghai and Chengdu in 2011 but can't find much about it, and I also saw that there may (?) be more lines opening in late 2013.
Do you know anything about any of this? I realize that we can't book until close to our travel dates anyway, but I'd like to have a general sense of how we're doing our internal travel.
Many thanks for any information you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 2 Traffic and Police in India
- 3 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 4 Serendipity Srilanka
- 5 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 6 New Thai Visa
- 7 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 8 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 9 New Years in Japan
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 12 Sri Lanka in December
- 13 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 14 january 31 in colombo
- 15 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 16 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 17 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 18 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 19 3 weeks in Japan
- 20 A first time for everything in Japan
- 21 India Tour Companies
- 22 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 23 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 24 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 25 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?: