We are planning to trip to China for March 2014 and are planning to travel from Beijing to Xian on overnight train. I would love to also travel by train (rather than air) from Xian to Chengdu and from Chengdu to Shanghai, but I've seen conflicting information about how long it takes. I read that a high-speed line opened between Shanghai and Chengdu in 2011 but can't find much about it, and I also saw that there may (?) be more lines opening in late 2013.
Do you know anything about any of this? I realize that we can't book until close to our travel dates anyway, but I'd like to have a general sense of how we're doing our internal travel.
Many thanks for any information you can provide!
High-speed train travel between Xian-Changdu-Shanghai
- 1 Magical India
- 2 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 3 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 4 Burma, Myanmar Visa On Arrival (VOA) Is Available And Is As Easy As ...
- 5 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 6 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 7 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 8 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 9 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 10 Trip report China
- 11 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 12 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 13 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 14 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 15 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 16 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 17 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 18 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 19 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 20 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 23 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 24 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 25 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!