We are planning to trip to China for March 2014 and are planning to travel from Beijing to Xian on overnight train. I would love to also travel by train (rather than air) from Xian to Chengdu and from Chengdu to Shanghai, but I've seen conflicting information about how long it takes. I read that a high-speed line opened between Shanghai and Chengdu in 2011 but can't find much about it, and I also saw that there may (?) be more lines opening in late 2013.
Do you know anything about any of this? I realize that we can't book until close to our travel dates anyway, but I'd like to have a general sense of how we're doing our internal travel.
Many thanks for any information you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Huge Clearance Sale @ Mywannado
- 2 hanoi eats
- 3 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 4 Hakone accommodation options
- 5 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 6 night life in sri lanka
- 7 Best thing to do in colombo
- 8 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 9 What to do with 2 weeks on honeymoon in Paradise Bali
- 10 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 11 Off the beaten track in Japan (Recommendation, please)
- 12 Visa
- 13 Comments please on 6 week South India Itinerary
- 14 Restaurants
- 15 My First Passage to India
- 16 Northern Vietnam Itinerary
- 17 Castle & King tour operator review
- 18 Indiana to India Via Texas
- 19 International Schools in Palolem / South Goa
- 20 Vietnam Visa Exemption
- 21 Sri Lanka plan
- 22 Thinking about a trip to China....
- 23 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 24 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 25 Eight Days in Central Java