We are planning to trip to China for March 2014 and are planning to travel from Beijing to Xian on overnight train. I would love to also travel by train (rather than air) from Xian to Chengdu and from Chengdu to Shanghai, but I've seen conflicting information about how long it takes. I read that a high-speed line opened between Shanghai and Chengdu in 2011 but can't find much about it, and I also saw that there may (?) be more lines opening in late 2013.
Do you know anything about any of this? I realize that we can't book until close to our travel dates anyway, but I'd like to have a general sense of how we're doing our internal travel.
Many thanks for any information you can provide!
High-speed train travel between Xian-Changdu-Shanghai
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 2 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 3 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 4 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 5 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 6 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 7 vietnam and laos
- 8 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 9 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 10 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 11 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 12 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 13 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 14 Connaught Place
- 15 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 16 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 17 My SEA trip - photos update
- 18 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 19 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 20 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 21 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 22 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 23 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 24 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 25 Elephants in Northern Thailand