We are planning to trip to China for March 2014 and are planning to travel from Beijing to Xian on overnight train. I would love to also travel by train (rather than air) from Xian to Chengdu and from Chengdu to Shanghai, but I've seen conflicting information about how long it takes. I read that a high-speed line opened between Shanghai and Chengdu in 2011 but can't find much about it, and I also saw that there may (?) be more lines opening in late 2013.
Do you know anything about any of this? I realize that we can't book until close to our travel dates anyway, but I'd like to have a general sense of how we're doing our internal travel.
Many thanks for any information you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Rail Pass
- 2 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 4 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 5 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 6 Japan for Foodies
- 7 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 8 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 9 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 10 Japan rough itinerary
- 11 One night in Osaka
- 12 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 13 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 14 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 15 Singapore weather in August/September
- 16 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 17 First time going abroad
- 18 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 19 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 20 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 21 Backpacking on a budget
- 22 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 23 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 24 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 25 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?