We are planning to trip to China for March 2014 and are planning to travel from Beijing to Xian on overnight train. I would love to also travel by train (rather than air) from Xian to Chengdu and from Chengdu to Shanghai, but I've seen conflicting information about how long it takes. I read that a high-speed line opened between Shanghai and Chengdu in 2011 but can't find much about it, and I also saw that there may (?) be more lines opening in late 2013.
Do you know anything about any of this? I realize that we can't book until close to our travel dates anyway, but I'd like to have a general sense of how we're doing our internal travel.
Many thanks for any information you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 South Korea for Chuseok
- 2 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 3 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 4 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 5 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 6 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 7 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 8 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 9 Tokyo hotel help
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 12 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 13 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 14 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 15 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 16 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 17 Private tours in Northern India
- 18 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 19 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 20 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 21 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 22 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 23 Vietnam visa
- 24 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 25 Family Friendly Penang