I read some where, but can't refind, an article that said there was a new high speed rail being built between Hong Kong and Shanghai. I'm planning a trip to China and need to travel between these two cities, but don't want to spen 13+ hours on a train... I recall that this hypothetical new high speed rail is due to be completed late this year or early 2014 (my trip can wait until then). Does anyone know anything about this, or an alternative way to travel from HK to Shanghai besides flying and taking a long train ride? Even mismatching legs of other high speed rail routes would be an option, it's just so much to sort through!
High speed rail from Hong Kong to Shanghai
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 2 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 3 India Add-on
- 4 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 5 Destination Bangkok, again
- 6 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 7 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 8 Travel during China national week?
- 9 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 10 Phuket
- 11 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 12 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 13 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 14 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 15 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 16 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 17 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 18 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 19 India, What Can I Say!
- 20 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 21 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 22 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 23 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 24 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 25 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?