I read some where, but can't refind, an article that said there was a new high speed rail being built between Hong Kong and Shanghai. I'm planning a trip to China and need to travel between these two cities, but don't want to spen 13+ hours on a train... I recall that this hypothetical new high speed rail is due to be completed late this year or early 2014 (my trip can wait until then). Does anyone know anything about this, or an alternative way to travel from HK to Shanghai besides flying and taking a long train ride? Even mismatching legs of other high speed rail routes would be an option, it's just so much to sort through!
High speed rail from Hong Kong to Shanghai
View all Asia activity »
- 1 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 2 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 3 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 4 Anyone in Bangkok
- 5 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 6 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 7 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 8 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 9 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 10 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 11 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 12 Travel Insurance
- 13 South East Asia
- 14 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 15 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 16 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 17 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 18 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 19 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 20 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 23 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 24 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 25 1 week Philippines