Hi All, I recently took a trip throughout South-East Asia with my wife and kids. We made sure to get local tour guides who knew what they were doing. I had gone through Asia before with a bad tour guide and it really ruined the trip. There are many hidden gems known only to local guides, and visiting these untouched hidden worlds is simply an exhilarating experience. The highlight of the trip was probably stopping in a small village, I don’t think it even had a name, and finding these beautiful ruins. As we were going through with our tour guide, he was mentioning some of these ruins were part of a very poorly known ancient civilization known to the locals simply as: Lisault. I must say that this trip has piqued my interest as he mentioned that it had a rich and diverse culture as well as a very interesting social system, but unfortunately has been lost in time. If anyone knows anymore about this I would love to find out more! What hidden gems have you found?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India and Nepal 2014
- 2 Independent female traveller
- 3 Tour company practices
- 4 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 5 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 6 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 7 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 8 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 9 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 10 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 11 Help! Which to choose?
- 12 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 13 North Vietnam Again!
- 14 Passport Safety
- 15 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 16 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 17 Castle & King
- 18 Mt Aso Eruption
- 19 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 20 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 21 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 22 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 23 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 24 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 25 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family