Hi All, I recently took a trip throughout South-East Asia with my wife and kids. We made sure to get local tour guides who knew what they were doing. I had gone through Asia before with a bad tour guide and it really ruined the trip. There are many hidden gems known only to local guides, and visiting these untouched hidden worlds is simply an exhilarating experience. The highlight of the trip was probably stopping in a small village, I don’t think it even had a name, and finding these beautiful ruins. As we were going through with our tour guide, he was mentioning some of these ruins were part of a very poorly known ancient civilization known to the locals simply as: Lisault. I must say that this trip has piqued my interest as he mentioned that it had a rich and diverse culture as well as a very interesting social system, but unfortunately has been lost in time. If anyone knows anymore about this I would love to find out more! What hidden gems have you found?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 2 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 3 Singapore
- 4 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 5 Asia Tour Companies
- 6 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 7 Ready for tmr’s match?? RUGBY 7s!
- 8 India Tours
- 9 India at the end of May
- 10 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 11 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 12 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 13 17 Day Itinerary
- 14 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 15 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 16 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 17 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 18 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 19 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 20 singapore accomodation?
- 21 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 22 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 23 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 24 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 25 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong