Hi All, I recently took a trip throughout South-East Asia with my wife and kids. We made sure to get local tour guides who knew what they were doing. I had gone through Asia before with a bad tour guide and it really ruined the trip. There are many hidden gems known only to local guides, and visiting these untouched hidden worlds is simply an exhilarating experience. The highlight of the trip was probably stopping in a small village, I don’t think it even had a name, and finding these beautiful ruins. As we were going through with our tour guide, he was mentioning some of these ruins were part of a very poorly known ancient civilization known to the locals simply as: Lisault. I must say that this trip has piqued my interest as he mentioned that it had a rich and diverse culture as well as a very interesting social system, but unfortunately has been lost in time. If anyone knows anymore about this I would love to find out more! What hidden gems have you found?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 2 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 3 Krabi island tours
- 4 beaches in Thailand
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 email email@example.com if you want to enjoy weed in a safe place
- 7 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 8 Anatara Riverside Bangkok
- 9 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 10 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 11 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 12 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 13 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 14 Kyushu rail pass
- 15 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 16 6 full days in Yagoon
- 17 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 18 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 19 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 20 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 21 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 22 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 23 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 24 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 25 Currency in South Korea