Hi All, I recently took a trip throughout South-East Asia with my wife and kids. We made sure to get local tour guides who knew what they were doing. I had gone through Asia before with a bad tour guide and it really ruined the trip. There are many hidden gems known only to local guides, and visiting these untouched hidden worlds is simply an exhilarating experience. The highlight of the trip was probably stopping in a small village, I don’t think it even had a name, and finding these beautiful ruins. As we were going through with our tour guide, he was mentioning some of these ruins were part of a very poorly known ancient civilization known to the locals simply as: Lisault. I must say that this trip has piqued my interest as he mentioned that it had a rich and diverse culture as well as a very interesting social system, but unfortunately has been lost in time. If anyone knows anymore about this I would love to find out more! What hidden gems have you found?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sri Lanka/ would like to hire driver/guide
- 2 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 3 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 4 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 5 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 6 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 7 china
- 8 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING THE PHILIPPINES
- 9 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 10 where to next after Nanjing 2014 youth olympic games
- 11 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 12 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 13 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 14 China - Personal recommendations
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 16 May 31st to June 13th, 2015 in Thailand, need help in itinerary
- 17 Exploring Taiwan off-the-beaten path and on a scooter
- 18 Vietnam and Angkor Wat, Cambodia: Need help organizing Itinerary
- 19 Burma river cruise
- 20 Driving in Laos
- 21 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 22 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 23 How would you organize this itinerary?
- 24 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 25 Translation Help: Marathi