It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 2 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 3 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 4 China trip - 15 nights
- 5 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 6 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 7 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 8 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 9 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 10 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 11 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 12 best dining in Kyoto
- 13 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 14 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 15 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 16 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 17 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 18 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 19 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 20 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute
- 21 Japan in July?
- 22 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 23 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 24 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 25 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?