It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Diamond Jewellery in Chennai-VISWA & DEVJI
- 2 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 3 5 days in Bali
- 4 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 5 5 weeks in Japan
- 6 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 7 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 8 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 9 Requesting Passport Number
- 10 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 11 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 12 Eating in India
- 13 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 14 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 15 Phu Quoc
- 16 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 17 China and Japan help
- 18 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 19 Help! India Visa question....
- 20 Singapore hotel
- 21 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 22 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 23 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 24 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!