It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 2 Tips for Chiang Rai (or stop eleswhere ?)
- 3 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 4 Taipei 10 Night Itinerary
- 5 Bridge players Beware!!
- 6 Southern India here we come
- 7 Vaccinations
- 8 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 9 Capsule hotels
- 10 Borneo forest fires
- 11 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 12 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 13 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 14 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 15 Chengdu and Beijing
- 16 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 17 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 18 2 months in Indonesia
- 19 a year in burma
- 20 First time to SEA
- 21 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 22 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 23 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 24 Seoul Searching Questions
- 25 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?