It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 2 Chiang Mai seven days - help please?
- 3 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 4 Sri Lanka Itinerary: comments welcome
- 5 Singapòre with a 9 year old
- 6 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary
- 7 Malaysian honeymoon
- 8 Backpacking - Does she remind you of anyone?
- 9 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 10 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 11 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 12 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 13 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 14 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 15 India - 2 Days only
- 16 China with Collette Tours
- 17 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 18 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 19 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 21 Beach selection in Thailand
- 22 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 23 Burma river cruise
- 24 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 25 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand