It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
- 1 Burma Accommodation Suggestions
- 2 Burmese itinerary - opinions solicited
- 3 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 4 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 5 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 6 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 7 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 8 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 9 Magical India
- 10 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 11 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 12 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 13 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 14 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 15 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 16 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 17 South East Asia
- 18 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 19 India's Online VISA Application
- 20 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 21 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 22 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 23 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 24 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 25 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary