It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My Topic Title인터넷바둑이- (ゆ"【CASS22。CoM 】"ゆ) - 온라인바둑이
- 2 Vietnam Dong
- 3 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 4 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 5 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 6 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 7 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 8 3 weeks in Japan
- 9 New Years in Japan
- 10 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 11 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 12 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 13 Touristy Thailand
- 14 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 15 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 16 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 17 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 18 Myanmar tour companies
- 19 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 20 A Victory Day Tour
- 21 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?
- 22 Kinosake Onsen Ryokan
- 23 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 24 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 25 Procuring Letter of Invitation from Kazakhastan for Visa