It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What does a Japan Rail Pass really do?
- 2 Footing on Druk Trek in Bhutan?
- 3 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 4 Krabi? Phuket? Phi Phi?
- 5 Itinerary for 12 days in Burma- help decide
- 6 Off the Beaten Path Near Kanazawa?
- 7 Great Wall in a wheelchair
- 8 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 9 15 Days in Japan, Need Help With Last Two
- 10 Vietnam, Laos, Siem Reap, Chiang Rai - ? the right # days/order of travel??
- 11 Return of tourism to Nepal
- 12 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 13 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 14 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 15 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 16 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 17 Eating in India
- 18 Trekking in India
- 19 Hong Kong Layover at Night
- 20 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 21 Sri Lanka plan
- 22 Vietnam - September 2015
- 23 A tour operator overwhelmingly mentioned on another site
- 24 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 25 Private guide and driver for India