It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 2 We should let it out , put on weight and accomplish
- 3 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 4 Tourist spots in Malaysia
- 5 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 6 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 7 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 8 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 9 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 10 perfect Hanoi
- 11 Rental Car Bali
- 12 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 13 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 14 Kintamani Tour
- 15 Some notes about South Korea
- 16 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 17 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 18 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 19 Totally unprepared
- 20 Sulawesi
- 21 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 22 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 23 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 24 passport visa ques.
- 25 Looking for Serviced apt.