It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 2 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 3 Hotel in Hanoi
- 4 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 5 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 6 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 7 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 8 India help needed
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 10 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 11 Trekking outside Sapa
- 12 Place to stay Hue
- 13 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 14 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 15 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 16 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 17 Go to Pai or not?
- 18 Ko Kraden hotels
- 19 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 20 Hoi Ann hotel
- 21 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 22 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 23 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 24 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 25 Water Towns near Shanghai