It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 2 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 3 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 4 Myanmar Visa Online - Report
- 5 General question
- 6 Japan Itinerary for May
- 7 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 8 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 9 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 10 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 11 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 12 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 13 South Korea 5 days
- 14 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 15 Thai island escape
- 16 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 17 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 18 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 19 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 20 Phuket Hotel
- 21 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 22 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 23 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 24 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 25 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)