It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 2 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 3 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 4 First Time in Thailand Trip Report - Bangkok & Surin Beach, Phuket
- 5 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 6 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 7 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 8 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 9 What beach to choose?!?!
- 10 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 11 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 12 Business class on JAL
- 13 Private guides & drivers in China
- 14 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 15 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 16 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 17 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 18 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 19 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 20 Traffic in Hanoi
- 21 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 22 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 23 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?
- 24 4 hour Hong Kong layover
- 25 India group or private tour?