It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 week Japan itinerary
- 2 Bali - January 2015
- 3 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 4 Visa Cambodia
- 5 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 6 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 7 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 8 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 9 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 10 Stop-over in Seoul
- 11 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 12 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 14 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 15 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 16 meeting at beijing airport
- 17 One week in Tokyo
- 18 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 19 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 20 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 21 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 22 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 23 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 24 Hotel in Singapore
- 25 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?