It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Japan in December
- 3 India Add-on
- 4 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 5 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 6 Destination Bangkok, again
- 7 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 8 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 9 Travel during China national week?
- 10 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 11 Phuket
- 12 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 13 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 14 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 15 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 16 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 17 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 18 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 19 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 20 India, What Can I Say!
- 21 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 22 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 23 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 24 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 25 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports