It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 2 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 3 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 4 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 5 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 6 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 7 Where to Play Basketball In Phuket
- 8 Cebu/Bohol - where to stay, how to see Chocolate Hills
- 9 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 10 Thailand mid-December
- 11 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 12 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 13 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 14 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 15 What I like about Mumbai
- 16 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 17 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 18 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 19 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 20 Indian visa
- 21 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 22 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 23 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 24 One week in Thailand
- 25 Is Asiana Airlines safe?