It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, Angkor, Hanoi: Questions
- 2 Looking for a hotel in Singapore, what areas should I avoid?
- 3 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 4 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 5 Recommendation of a hotel in Hong Kong and Macau
- 6 Indonesia, Hello Bali
- 7 Bangkok, day tours.
- 8 Kyushu in late September
- 9 10-hr layover in Tokyo this Friday, new to JPN
- 10 Georgia e-visa application
- 11 Help on Planning my next year itinerary
- 12 Bangkok, buffet restaurants.
- 13 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 14 My First India Trip
- 15 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 16 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 17 Is luggage check through available between silk air and air china
- 18 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 19 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 20 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 21 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 24 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 25 hanoi eats