It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 2 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 3 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Kashmir today
- 6 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 7 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 8 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 9 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 10 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 11 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 12 Triple Room in Singapore
- 13 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 14 What I like about Mumbai
- 15 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 16 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 17 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 18 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 19 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 20 6 full days in Yagoon
- 21 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 22 Where to Play Basketball in Tokyo
- 23 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 24 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 25 want suggestion for honeymoon tour place