It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was both knowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist). This is their first episode on Central Asia and the former Soviet Union, and as I spend much time on Kyrgyz issues am very happy that the show will bring some positive attention to this beautiful country.
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand For 5 weeks starting 11/5/2015
- 2 Koh phangan or koh lanta December?
- 3 November trip to Myanmar and Cambodia
- 4 Yunnan to Guilin
- 5 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 6 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 7 Honeymoon - Phuket / Kho Lak - Hotel Advice?
- 8 looking for 1 week Vietnam itinerary suggestions
- 9 Hotel recommendation-Ho Chi Minh City
- 10 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 11 Pl suggest itinerary in Taipei / surrounds for 6 nights Nov 2015
- 12 where can I buy IASO?
- 13 Looking for country suggestions for 2 week itinerary for next year's trip
- 14 Chaing Mai how long and 1-day meditation retreat
- 15 HONG KONG: 9 Must-Dine Restaurants To Suit Every Budget
- 16 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 17 Once again, possible Nepal backup
- 18 Thai Air Suspends L.A. Flight
- 19 Help please! Trying to plan an Asia/Middle East/Russia trip!
- 20 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 21 Yangon's growing photography scene
- 22 Bagan must see with a guide
- 23 Okinawa on Anthony Bourdain tonight
- 24 Nepal - Safe to Go Mid Oct? Earthquakes + Political Unrest
- 25 Arashiyama Excursion