We(couple in 30s) are planning a trip to China for 11 days. We are landing in Beijing and leaving from Shanghai. We are struggling to find a countryside/village/nature filled getaway for 2 days maybe after Beijing or after Xian. Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
So far we have got
1) Beijing: Reach in the afternoon (free)
2) Beijing: Tiananmen square, Forbidden Kingdom, roam and dinner in the city (maybe visit silk market too)
3) Beijing: Great Wall of China Mutianyu section, roam and dinner in the city
4) Beijing: Zoo (for pandas) and Summer palace. Overnight train to Xian
5) Xian: Roam in the city (still working on what to do on this day)
6) Xian: Terracotta Warriors
9) Shanghai: Bund and Yu Gardens and roam in the city
10) Shanghai: Daytrip to a Watertown, maybe Xitang?? Evening free
11 )Shanghai - French Concession + explore neighbourhoods (flyout in late evening)
We haven't booked our train tickets yet, would be booking it as soon as we can fill in the two days. Hoping the experts here can help us out.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Are you looking Baba Ramdev Patanjali products?
- 2 Dong Van - Ha Giang
- 3 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 4 Help - India take 2
- 5 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 6 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 7 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 8 is this a good travel plan?
- 9 CNX late arrival?
- 10 currency conversion
- 11 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 12 50th Anniversary trip
- 13 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 14 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 15 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 16 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 17 The truth about elephant tourism
- 18 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 19 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 20 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 23 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 24 Phenom Penh
- 25 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?