We(couple in 30s) are planning a trip to China for 11 days. We are landing in Beijing and leaving from Shanghai. We are struggling to find a countryside/village/nature filled getaway for 2 days maybe after Beijing or after Xian. Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
So far we have got
1) Beijing: Reach in the afternoon (free)
2) Beijing: Tiananmen square, Forbidden Kingdom, roam and dinner in the city (maybe visit silk market too)
3) Beijing: Great Wall of China Mutianyu section, roam and dinner in the city
4) Beijing: Zoo (for pandas) and Summer palace. Overnight train to Xian
5) Xian: Roam in the city (still working on what to do on this day)
6) Xian: Terracotta Warriors
9) Shanghai: Bund and Yu Gardens and roam in the city
10) Shanghai: Daytrip to a Watertown, maybe Xitang?? Evening free
11 )Shanghai - French Concession + explore neighbourhoods (flyout in late evening)
We haven't booked our train tickets yet, would be booking it as soon as we can fill in the two days. Hoping the experts here can help us out.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 2 Trip Report : China
- 3 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 4 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 5 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 6 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 7 Other than Kyoto?
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Beijing tours
- 10 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 11 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 12 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 13 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 14 A great trip in India
- 15 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 16 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 17 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 18 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 19 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 20 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 21 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 22 Takayama trail, Japan
- 23 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 24 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 25 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016