We(couple in 30s) are planning a trip to China for 11 days. We are landing in Beijing and leaving from Shanghai. We are struggling to find a countryside/village/nature filled getaway for 2 days maybe after Beijing or after Xian. Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
So far we have got
1) Beijing: Reach in the afternoon (free)
2) Beijing: Tiananmen square, Forbidden Kingdom, roam and dinner in the city (maybe visit silk market too)
3) Beijing: Great Wall of China Mutianyu section, roam and dinner in the city
4) Beijing: Zoo (for pandas) and Summer palace. Overnight train to Xian
5) Xian: Roam in the city (still working on what to do on this day)
6) Xian: Terracotta Warriors
9) Shanghai: Bund and Yu Gardens and roam in the city
10) Shanghai: Daytrip to a Watertown, maybe Xitang?? Evening free
11 )Shanghai - French Concession + explore neighbourhoods (flyout in late evening)
We haven't booked our train tickets yet, would be booking it as soon as we can fill in the two days. Hoping the experts here can help us out.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://wellnessfeeds.com/zko-skin-cream/
- 2 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 3 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 4 Explore 7000m Paradise Cave - Vietnam
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 7 Thai Elephants
- 8 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 9 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 10 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 11 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 12 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 13 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 14 Luggage size China ?
- 15 Sri Lanka in August
- 16 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 17 India itinerary critique please
- 18 Japan/Korea/HK
- 19 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 20 Vientiane and ??
- 21 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 22 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 23 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 24 Impressions of India
- 25 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?