We(couple in 30s) are planning a trip to China for 11 days. We are landing in Beijing and leaving from Shanghai. We are struggling to find a countryside/village/nature filled getaway for 2 days maybe after Beijing or after Xian. Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
So far we have got
1) Beijing: Reach in the afternoon (free)
2) Beijing: Tiananmen square, Forbidden Kingdom, roam and dinner in the city (maybe visit silk market too)
3) Beijing: Great Wall of China Mutianyu section, roam and dinner in the city
4) Beijing: Zoo (for pandas) and Summer palace. Overnight train to Xian
5) Xian: Roam in the city (still working on what to do on this day)
6) Xian: Terracotta Warriors
9) Shanghai: Bund and Yu Gardens and roam in the city
10) Shanghai: Daytrip to a Watertown, maybe Xitang?? Evening free
11 )Shanghai - French Concession + explore neighbourhoods (flyout in late evening)
We haven't booked our train tickets yet, would be booking it as soon as we can fill in the two days. Hoping the experts here can help us out.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HELPLINE SBCGLOBAL CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:7208 SBCGLOBAL Technical MAILReset
- 2 Change my Itinerary?
- 3 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 4 Twin rooms in Japan
- 5 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 6 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 7 sri lanka- tips required
- 8 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 9 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 10 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 11 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 12 Impressions of India
- 13 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 14 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 15 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 16 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 17 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 18 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 19 Christmas in the Alps
- 20 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 21 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 22 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 23 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 24 Laos or Kerala?
- 25 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report