I've just found out I have been offered a research placement in Singapore for two months. I leave in about 2weeks and have never been overseas before, never been away from home for two months and know next to nothing about Singapore.
I've been reading about all the fabulous things to do in Singapore, which I am sure to cover in two months, but I am concerned about the essentials, especially as I have so little time to plan!
Things like what sim card is best for international calls from Singapore back to Australia, what travel cards are best to use over there (ie 28degree mastercard vs prepaid cards) and if anyone knows any info about what the student hostels are like over there!!
Any suggestions or help would be very very greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar Photo Trip. Lot's O' Photos!
- 2 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 3 Which Cities in India if Only Have 8 days on Land?
- 4 Suggestions for plan B?: a week in Thailand in early November
- 5 Japan Itinerary Help
- 6 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 7 Money (and cards) in Myanmar
- 8 Low Humidity August and safe for solo travel?
- 9 Hakone Ryokan - Gora Kansuiro
- 10 Itinerary... and lots of trains. Advice Please
- 11 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 12 Great Wall hike
- 13 I will be in Ubud for 9 days?
- 14 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 15 Vietnam - September 2015
- 16 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 17 Hotel in Tokyo
- 18 Japan family trip in late Dec
- 19 Hanoi, Vietnam - The last days in April, 2015
- 20 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 21 Myanmar Help
- 22 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 23 Rain, hail (softened by sakura) couldn't stop us from loving Japan!
- 24 Best month for weather, Burma, Laos
- 25 INDIA: "A Pleasant Surprise"