I've just found out I have been offered a research placement in Singapore for two months. I leave in about 2weeks and have never been overseas before, never been away from home for two months and know next to nothing about Singapore.
I've been reading about all the fabulous things to do in Singapore, which I am sure to cover in two months, but I am concerned about the essentials, especially as I have so little time to plan!
Things like what sim card is best for international calls from Singapore back to Australia, what travel cards are best to use over there (ie 28degree mastercard vs prepaid cards) and if anyone knows any info about what the student hostels are like over there!!
Any suggestions or help would be very very greatly appreciated!!!
HELP!!! (with the essentials!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 2 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 3 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 4 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 5 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 6 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 7 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 8 Japan Itinerary for May
- 9 South Korea 5 days
- 10 Japan -OAT tour
- 11 Thai island escape
- 12 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 13 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 14 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 15 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 16 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 17 General question
- 18 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 19 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 20 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 21 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 22 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 23 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 24 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 25 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket