I've just found out I have been offered a research placement in Singapore for two months. I leave in about 2weeks and have never been overseas before, never been away from home for two months and know next to nothing about Singapore.
I've been reading about all the fabulous things to do in Singapore, which I am sure to cover in two months, but I am concerned about the essentials, especially as I have so little time to plan!
Things like what sim card is best for international calls from Singapore back to Australia, what travel cards are best to use over there (ie 28degree mastercard vs prepaid cards) and if anyone knows any info about what the student hostels are like over there!!
Any suggestions or help would be very very greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 2 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 3 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 4 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 5 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 6 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 7 Cambodia weather
- 8 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 9 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 10 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 11 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 12 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 13 Month long SE Asia trip
- 14 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 15 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 16 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 17 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 18 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 19 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report
- 20 Visa Question - Cambodia
- 21 first draft for Vietnam trip. Critique please
- 22 Amakusa island help
- 23 Japan 10 days Hiroshima or Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
- 24 Rishikesh, India
- 25 a month in india