I've just found out I have been offered a research placement in Singapore for two months. I leave in about 2weeks and have never been overseas before, never been away from home for two months and know next to nothing about Singapore.
I've been reading about all the fabulous things to do in Singapore, which I am sure to cover in two months, but I am concerned about the essentials, especially as I have so little time to plan!
Things like what sim card is best for international calls from Singapore back to Australia, what travel cards are best to use over there (ie 28degree mastercard vs prepaid cards) and if anyone knows any info about what the student hostels are like over there!!
Any suggestions or help would be very very greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India here we come
- 2 Tips for Chiang Rai (or stop eleswhere ?)
- 3 Anyone used China Odyssey?
- 4 Ningbo places to see and things to do
- 5 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 6 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 7 Capsule hotels
- 8 TXinjiang safety KKH Safety
- 9 Vaccinations
- 10 a year in burma
- 11 Borneo forest fires
- 12 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 13 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 14 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 15 Taipei 10 Night Itinerary
- 16 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 17 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 18 Bridge players Beware!!
- 19 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 20 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 21 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 22 Chengdu and Beijing
- 23 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 24 2 months in Indonesia
- 25 First time to SEA