I am planning a trip to Sri Lanka in 3 week (april 26-may 2) with my husband. We can only stay 6 nights and since there is so much to do, I am having trouble deciding what to choose to visit.
I think we can skip the beaches since we will staying in Maldives for 4 nights after Sri Lanka.
So far, the only thing I know I want to do is to stay two nights at the Ceylon Tea Trails, and also some nights (how many you recommend) at a national park to see elephants in their national habitat (not sure if Yala is the best one, or if you suggest others). Not sure how long it takes from Colombo to Ceylon Tea Trails, to yala, and to wherever else I have time to visit.
Any suggestions to build my itinerary would be greatly appreciated! We both love nature, scenic views, animals, and unique cultures.
thank you so much in advance!
Help with Sri Lanka Itinerary
- 1 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 2 Magical India
- 3 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 4 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 5 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 6 Trip report China
- 7 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 8 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 9 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 10 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 11 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 12 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 13 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 14 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 15 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 16 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 19 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 20 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 21 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 22 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 23 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 24 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 25 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi