I am planning a trip to Sri Lanka in 3 week (april 26-may 2) with my husband. We can only stay 6 nights and since there is so much to do, I am having trouble deciding what to choose to visit.
I think we can skip the beaches since we will staying in Maldives for 4 nights after Sri Lanka.
So far, the only thing I know I want to do is to stay two nights at the Ceylon Tea Trails, and also some nights (how many you recommend) at a national park to see elephants in their national habitat (not sure if Yala is the best one, or if you suggest others). Not sure how long it takes from Colombo to Ceylon Tea Trails, to yala, and to wherever else I have time to visit.
Any suggestions to build my itinerary would be greatly appreciated! We both love nature, scenic views, animals, and unique cultures.
thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 3 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 4 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 5 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 6 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 7 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 8 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 9 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 10 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 11 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 12 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 13 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 14 Best Place To Visit in Delhi
- 15 Fur Women's Trip to India
- 16 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 17 Rajasthan by car in 14 days?
- 18 Advice on 6 day itinerary
- 19 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 20 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 21 Taipei National Palace Museum
- 22 8.5 Days in Vietnam
- 23 Private Asia tours to Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia...
- 24 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 25 Short stay in Bali on a budget