I'm looking to go backpacking in Thailand on my own this upcoming January and was hoping to get some helpful tips and suggestions for an itinerary and a route. I still need to do a bunch of more research but I figure I would fly into Bangkok stay there a couple of days and then go from there. To give you guys some background, I'm a 24 year old single male and this will be my first time backpacking alone. I will have a budget of about $2,500 USD while i'm out there and was wondering how long that could last me? As far as what I want to do while I'm out there, I definitely do enjoy partying and would like to make it to the full moon party down in Koh Phangan January 15. Still, I do want to have a good balance on this trip and aside from partying I would like to do a fair amount of sightseeing and activities such as hiking, diving, cliff jumping, elephant riding etc... Considering my budget is it realistic to explore northern Thailand as well or should I just stick to Bangkok and the islands? Anyways, I'd really appreciate some itinerary suggestions and tips from those of you who have travelled to Thailand before.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Halong Bay cruise
- 2 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 3 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 4 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 5 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 6 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 7 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 8 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 9 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 10 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 11 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 12 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 13 Is this crazy?
- 14 In Seoul for one day
- 15 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 16 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 17 India help with where to go
- 18 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 19 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 20 Taxis in Yangon
- 21 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 22 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 23 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 24 Shanghai Tailor?
- 25 Best of Koh Tao