I'm looking to go backpacking in Thailand on my own this upcoming January and was hoping to get some helpful tips and suggestions for an itinerary and a route. I still need to do a bunch of more research but I figure I would fly into Bangkok stay there a couple of days and then go from there. To give you guys some background, I'm a 24 year old single male and this will be my first time backpacking alone. I will have a budget of about $2,500 USD while i'm out there and was wondering how long that could last me? As far as what I want to do while I'm out there, I definitely do enjoy partying and would like to make it to the full moon party down in Koh Phangan January 15. Still, I do want to have a good balance on this trip and aside from partying I would like to do a fair amount of sightseeing and activities such as hiking, diving, cliff jumping, elephant riding etc... Considering my budget is it realistic to explore northern Thailand as well or should I just stick to Bangkok and the islands? Anyways, I'd really appreciate some itinerary suggestions and tips from those of you who have travelled to Thailand before.
Thanks in advance!
Help with planning first solo trip to thailand
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary for May
- 2 Thai island escape
- 3 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 4 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 5 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 6 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 7 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 8 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 9 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 10 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 11 South Korea 5 days
- 12 Japan -OAT tour
- 13 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 14 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 15 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 16 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 17 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 18 General question
- 19 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 20 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 21 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 22 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 23 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 24 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 25 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An