I'm looking to go backpacking in Thailand on my own this upcoming January and was hoping to get some helpful tips and suggestions for an itinerary and a route. I still need to do a bunch of more research but I figure I would fly into Bangkok stay there a couple of days and then go from there. To give you guys some background, I'm a 24 year old single male and this will be my first time backpacking alone. I will have a budget of about $2,500 USD while i'm out there and was wondering how long that could last me? As far as what I want to do while I'm out there, I definitely do enjoy partying and would like to make it to the full moon party down in Koh Phangan January 15. Still, I do want to have a good balance on this trip and aside from partying I would like to do a fair amount of sightseeing and activities such as hiking, diving, cliff jumping, elephant riding etc... Considering my budget is it realistic to explore northern Thailand as well or should I just stick to Bangkok and the islands? Anyways, I'd really appreciate some itinerary suggestions and tips from those of you who have travelled to Thailand before.
Thanks in advance!
Help with planning first solo trip to thailand
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Malaria
- 2 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 3 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 4 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 5 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 6 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 9 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 10 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 11 Cherry blossom
- 12 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 13 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 14 How safe is Delhi/India
- 15 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 16 Which Putu in Bali????
- 17 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 18 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 19 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 20 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 21 Malaysia in September
- 22 Trip Report: Malaysian Borneo and Singapore
- 23 Asiana lounge in Seoul
- 24 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 25 Bangkok, Penang and Chiang Mai - Kathie's 2006 Trip Report