I'm looking to go backpacking in Thailand on my own this upcoming January and was hoping to get some helpful tips and suggestions for an itinerary and a route. I still need to do a bunch of more research but I figure I would fly into Bangkok stay there a couple of days and then go from there. To give you guys some background, I'm a 24 year old single male and this will be my first time backpacking alone. I will have a budget of about $2,500 USD while i'm out there and was wondering how long that could last me? As far as what I want to do while I'm out there, I definitely do enjoy partying and would like to make it to the full moon party down in Koh Phangan January 15. Still, I do want to have a good balance on this trip and aside from partying I would like to do a fair amount of sightseeing and activities such as hiking, diving, cliff jumping, elephant riding etc... Considering my budget is it realistic to explore northern Thailand as well or should I just stick to Bangkok and the islands? Anyways, I'd really appreciate some itinerary suggestions and tips from those of you who have travelled to Thailand before.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam visa debate
- 2 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 3 Silk Road Tour - China
- 4 Bye bye SE Asia
- 5 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 6 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 7 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 8 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 9 India Tour Companies
- 10 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 11 Laos planning.
- 12 Japan rough itinerary
- 13 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 14 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 15 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 16 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 17 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 18 One night in Osaka
- 19 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 20 Japan - costs
- 21 Japan for Foodies
- 22 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 23 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 24 Japan Rail Pass
- 25 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed