I'm looking to go backpacking in Thailand on my own this upcoming January and was hoping to get some helpful tips and suggestions for an itinerary and a route. I still need to do a bunch of more research but I figure I would fly into Bangkok stay there a couple of days and then go from there. To give you guys some background, I'm a 24 year old single male and this will be my first time backpacking alone. I will have a budget of about $2,500 USD while i'm out there and was wondering how long that could last me? As far as what I want to do while I'm out there, I definitely do enjoy partying and would like to make it to the full moon party down in Koh Phangan January 15. Still, I do want to have a good balance on this trip and aside from partying I would like to do a fair amount of sightseeing and activities such as hiking, diving, cliff jumping, elephant riding etc... Considering my budget is it realistic to explore northern Thailand as well or should I just stick to Bangkok and the islands? Anyways, I'd really appreciate some itinerary suggestions and tips from those of you who have travelled to Thailand before.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 2 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 3 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 4 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 5 Vietnam & Cambodia With Kids
- 6 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 7 Halong Bay Trip Vietnam with kids
- 8 Vietnam and/or Cambodia - safe with kids?
- 9 How to do this
- 10 Vientiane and ??
- 11 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 12 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 13 Thailand Assistance
- 14 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 15 China 31 days Itinerary - Need your advice
- 16 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 17 Air Asia now fly to Luang Prabang
- 18 Phillipines with two young children in December
- 19 On a scale of 1 to 10, how dirty is India?
- 20 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 21 Cell Phone Provider in India
- 22 Delhi costs
- 23 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 24 Trekking partner/s for Annapurna circuitic Title
- 25 Japan: ATM Machines