I'm looking to go backpacking in Thailand on my own this upcoming January and was hoping to get some helpful tips and suggestions for an itinerary and a route. I still need to do a bunch of more research but I figure I would fly into Bangkok stay there a couple of days and then go from there. To give you guys some background, I'm a 24 year old single male and this will be my first time backpacking alone. I will have a budget of about $2,500 USD while i'm out there and was wondering how long that could last me? As far as what I want to do while I'm out there, I definitely do enjoy partying and would like to make it to the full moon party down in Koh Phangan January 15. Still, I do want to have a good balance on this trip and aside from partying I would like to do a fair amount of sightseeing and activities such as hiking, diving, cliff jumping, elephant riding etc... Considering my budget is it realistic to explore northern Thailand as well or should I just stick to Bangkok and the islands? Anyways, I'd really appreciate some itinerary suggestions and tips from those of you who have travelled to Thailand before.
Thanks in advance!
Help with planning first solo trip to thailand
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Destination Bangkok, again
- 2 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 3 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 4 Phones in Asia
- 5 Japan in December
- 6 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 7 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 8 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 9 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 10 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 11 India Add-on
- 12 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 13 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 14 Travel during China national week?
- 15 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 16 Phuket
- 17 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 18 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 19 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 20 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 21 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 22 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 23 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 24 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 25 India, What Can I Say!