I'm looking to go backpacking in Thailand on my own this upcoming January and was hoping to get some helpful tips and suggestions for an itinerary and a route. I still need to do a bunch of more research but I figure I would fly into Bangkok stay there a couple of days and then go from there. To give you guys some background, I'm a 24 year old single male and this will be my first time backpacking alone. I will have a budget of about $2,500 USD while i'm out there and was wondering how long that could last me? As far as what I want to do while I'm out there, I definitely do enjoy partying and would like to make it to the full moon party down in Koh Phangan January 15. Still, I do want to have a good balance on this trip and aside from partying I would like to do a fair amount of sightseeing and activities such as hiking, diving, cliff jumping, elephant riding etc... Considering my budget is it realistic to explore northern Thailand as well or should I just stick to Bangkok and the islands? Anyways, I'd really appreciate some itinerary suggestions and tips from those of you who have travelled to Thailand before.
Thanks in advance!
Help with planning first solo trip to thailand
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 2 vietnam and laos
- 3 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 4 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 5 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 6 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 7 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 8 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 9 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 10 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 11 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 12 5 nights in Japan.
- 13 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 14 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 15 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 16 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 17 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 18 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 19 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 20 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 21 Visa
- 22 Affordable Japan
- 23 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 24 Castle & King
- 25 Air Asia All You Can Fly