I'm looking to go backpacking in Thailand on my own this upcoming January and was hoping to get some helpful tips and suggestions for an itinerary and a route. I still need to do a bunch of more research but I figure I would fly into Bangkok stay there a couple of days and then go from there. To give you guys some background, I'm a 24 year old single male and this will be my first time backpacking alone. I will have a budget of about $2,500 USD while i'm out there and was wondering how long that could last me? As far as what I want to do while I'm out there, I definitely do enjoy partying and would like to make it to the full moon party down in Koh Phangan January 15. Still, I do want to have a good balance on this trip and aside from partying I would like to do a fair amount of sightseeing and activities such as hiking, diving, cliff jumping, elephant riding etc... Considering my budget is it realistic to explore northern Thailand as well or should I just stick to Bangkok and the islands? Anyways, I'd really appreciate some itinerary suggestions and tips from those of you who have travelled to Thailand before.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Which Cities in India if Only Have 8 days on Land?
- 2 INDIA: "A Pleasant Surprise"
- 3 Itinerary... and lots of trains. Advice Please
- 4 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 5 Rain, hail (softened by sakura) couldn't stop us from loving Japan!
- 6 Suggestions for plan B?: a week in Thailand in early November
- 7 Money (and cards) in Myanmar
- 8 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 9 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 10 Best month for weather, Burma, Laos
- 11 I will be in Ubud for 9 days?
- 12 Cover in Bagan/temples
- 13 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 14 Myanmar Help
- 15 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 16 Your "must try" Japanese food experiences.
- 17 Japan Itinerary Help
- 18 Hotel in Tokyo
- 19 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 20 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 21 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 22 Looking for a hotel in Singapore, what areas should I avoid?
- 23 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 24 Vietnam - September 2015
- 25 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?