I'm looking to go backpacking in Thailand on my own this upcoming January and was hoping to get some helpful tips and suggestions for an itinerary and a route. I still need to do a bunch of more research but I figure I would fly into Bangkok stay there a couple of days and then go from there. To give you guys some background, I'm a 24 year old single male and this will be my first time backpacking alone. I will have a budget of about $2,500 USD while i'm out there and was wondering how long that could last me? As far as what I want to do while I'm out there, I definitely do enjoy partying and would like to make it to the full moon party down in Koh Phangan January 15. Still, I do want to have a good balance on this trip and aside from partying I would like to do a fair amount of sightseeing and activities such as hiking, diving, cliff jumping, elephant riding etc... Considering my budget is it realistic to explore northern Thailand as well or should I just stick to Bangkok and the islands? Anyways, I'd really appreciate some itinerary suggestions and tips from those of you who have travelled to Thailand before.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Teach English in China
- 2 Cincinnati Bengals vs Jacksonville Jaguars L-I-V-E
- 3 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 4 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 5 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 6 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 7 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 8 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 9 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 10 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 12 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 13 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 14 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 15 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 16 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 17 Sakura (cherry blossom) forecasts 2016
- 18 A great trip in India
- 19 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 20 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 21 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 22 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 23 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 24 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 25 Ferrari Hire Bangkok