We are a family of 3 (with 4 year old daughter) planning to visit Asia (Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia) for 12-14 days.
Here is the Itinerary we are planning to work with.
Day 1 – arrive in Singapore
Day2,3 – Singapore
Day 4 – Arrive in Georgetown, Penang
Day 5,6 – Georgetown and arrive in KL
Day 7, - KL
Day 8 – arrive in BALI
Day 9,10,11,12 – Bali (May be go to Gili island)
Day13 – travel home
1. Do you have any suggestions? Do we need 2 days in Georgetown or should we spend an additional day in Bali and visit Gili island?
2. From KL to Georgetown – should we take the train considering air asia has flights costing pretty much the same as the train. What makes more sense in terms of time and accessibility? – train or the flight?
3. Do we need rental car for places like Penang/Georgetown and Bali? If no rental car what's the best way to move around?
4. Is 4 days enough in Bali considering there is lot to do and see. Do you recommend going to Gili island?
Appreciate your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 2 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 3 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 4 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 5 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 6 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 7 3 weeks in Japan
- 8 New Years in Japan
- 9 Touristy Thailand
- 10 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 11 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 12 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 13 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 14 Myanmar tour companies
- 15 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 16 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 17 A Victory Day Tour
- 18 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?
- 19 Kinosake Onsen Ryokan
- 20 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 21 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 22 Procuring Letter of Invitation from Kazakhastan for Visa
- 23 Memories: Astana, Expo 2017
- 24 A first time for everything in Japan
- 25 EF tours fired incompetent tour guide