We are a family of 3 (with 4 year old daughter) planning to visit Asia (Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia) for 12-14 days.
Here is the Itinerary we are planning to work with.
Day 1 – arrive in Singapore
Day2,3 – Singapore
Day 4 – Arrive in Georgetown, Penang
Day 5,6 – Georgetown and arrive in KL
Day 7, - KL
Day 8 – arrive in BALI
Day 9,10,11,12 – Bali (May be go to Gili island)
Day13 – travel home
1. Do you have any suggestions? Do we need 2 days in Georgetown or should we spend an additional day in Bali and visit Gili island?
2. From KL to Georgetown – should we take the train considering air asia has flights costing pretty much the same as the train. What makes more sense in terms of time and accessibility? – train or the flight?
3. Do we need rental car for places like Penang/Georgetown and Bali? If no rental car what's the best way to move around?
4. Is 4 days enough in Bali considering there is lot to do and see. Do you recommend going to Gili island?
Appreciate your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Do you want to know, what is Garcinia cambogia?
- 2 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 3 Is it Lao or Laos
- 4 best singapore hotel
- 5 Dong Van - Ha Giang
- 6 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 7 Help - India take 2
- 8 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 9 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 10 is this a good travel plan?
- 11 CNX late arrival?
- 12 currency conversion
- 13 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 14 50th Anniversary trip
- 15 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 16 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 17 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 18 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 19 The truth about elephant tourism
- 20 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 21 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 22 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 23 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 24 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 25 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary