I will be traveling to China next week and was wondering if I can get help to plan my trip.
I will be visiting Shanghai, Sanya and Beijing.
Any tips on what are "must sees" in Shanghai, Sanya and Beijing, given the limited time I have at these places (see below for details)?
I want to visit The Great wall of China from Beijing. Any recommendations on which section of the wall I should visit. I found these two sections to be easily accessible: Mutianyu Great Wall and Badaling part of the great wall.
Is this a possible itinerary?
Shanghai (2 days)
March 20: Visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower in the morning, Yuyuan Garden and Yuyuan Market in the afternoon, evening to Bund.
March 21: (No idea what to do- open for suggestions -shopping maybe?), leave Shanghai in late evening for Sanya by flight.
Sanya (4 days)
March 22- March 25: (No idea what to do- open for suggestions -maybe hit the beach!)
leave Sanya late evening on March 25 for Beijing.
Beijing (1.5 days)
March 26: Visit the Great wall (Mutianyu or Badaling) in morning, return by 2pm (hopefully), visit Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City
March 27: Visit Summer Palace in the morning, leave for airport at 1pm as my return flight to Chicago is at 4:30pm.
I don't know if I can squeeze in Lama temple or Panjiayuan market/Silk Alley Market during the time in Beijing!
Also, any recommendations for hotels in Beijing? These are the 3 that I had in mind:
1. Hilton Beijing on Dong Fang North
2. Renaissance Capital on Dongsanhuan
3. Intercontinental on Beichen West
Looking forward for some suggestions.........
Thanks and Have a nice day!
Help with last minute travel to China next week
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 2 Thailand Hotel
- 3 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 4 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 5 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 6 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 7 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 8 Thailand - Food recos
- 9 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 10 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 11 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 12 vietnam and laos
- 13 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 14 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 15 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 16 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 17 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 18 5 nights in Japan.
- 19 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 20 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 21 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 22 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 23 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 24 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 25 What did you think of Mumbai?