I will be traveling to China next week and was wondering if I can get help to plan my trip.
I will be visiting Shanghai, Sanya and Beijing.
Any tips on what are "must sees" in Shanghai, Sanya and Beijing, given the limited time I have at these places (see below for details)?
I want to visit The Great wall of China from Beijing. Any recommendations on which section of the wall I should visit. I found these two sections to be easily accessible: Mutianyu Great Wall and Badaling part of the great wall.
Is this a possible itinerary?
Shanghai (2 days)
March 20: Visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower in the morning, Yuyuan Garden and Yuyuan Market in the afternoon, evening to Bund.
March 21: (No idea what to do- open for suggestions -shopping maybe?), leave Shanghai in late evening for Sanya by flight.
Sanya (4 days)
March 22- March 25: (No idea what to do- open for suggestions -maybe hit the beach!)
leave Sanya late evening on March 25 for Beijing.
Beijing (1.5 days)
March 26: Visit the Great wall (Mutianyu or Badaling) in morning, return by 2pm (hopefully), visit Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City
March 27: Visit Summer Palace in the morning, leave for airport at 1pm as my return flight to Chicago is at 4:30pm.
I don't know if I can squeeze in Lama temple or Panjiayuan market/Silk Alley Market during the time in Beijing!
Also, any recommendations for hotels in Beijing? These are the 3 that I had in mind:
1. Hilton Beijing on Dong Fang North
2. Renaissance Capital on Dongsanhuan
3. Intercontinental on Beichen West
Looking forward for some suggestions.........
Thanks and Have a nice day!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 2 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 3 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 4 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 5 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 6 Phuket Beaches
- 7 India itinerary critique please
- 8 Japan Itinerary!
- 9 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 10 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 11 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 12 Magical India
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 17 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 18 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 19 Himachal Pradesh
- 20 Luggage size China ?
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 Thai Elephants
- 23 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 24 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 25 Sri Lanka in August