I will be traveling to China next week and was wondering if I can get help to plan my trip.
I will be visiting Shanghai, Sanya and Beijing.
Any tips on what are "must sees" in Shanghai, Sanya and Beijing, given the limited time I have at these places (see below for details)?
I want to visit The Great wall of China from Beijing. Any recommendations on which section of the wall I should visit. I found these two sections to be easily accessible: Mutianyu Great Wall and Badaling part of the great wall.
Is this a possible itinerary?
Shanghai (2 days)
March 20: Visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower in the morning, Yuyuan Garden and Yuyuan Market in the afternoon, evening to Bund.
March 21: (No idea what to do- open for suggestions -shopping maybe?), leave Shanghai in late evening for Sanya by flight.
Sanya (4 days)
March 22- March 25: (No idea what to do- open for suggestions -maybe hit the beach!)
leave Sanya late evening on March 25 for Beijing.
Beijing (1.5 days)
March 26: Visit the Great wall (Mutianyu or Badaling) in morning, return by 2pm (hopefully), visit Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City
March 27: Visit Summer Palace in the morning, leave for airport at 1pm as my return flight to Chicago is at 4:30pm.
I don't know if I can squeeze in Lama temple or Panjiayuan market/Silk Alley Market during the time in Beijing!
Also, any recommendations for hotels in Beijing? These are the 3 that I had in mind:
1. Hilton Beijing on Dong Fang North
2. Renaissance Capital on Dongsanhuan
3. Intercontinental on Beichen West
Looking forward for some suggestions.........
Thanks and Have a nice day!
Help with last minute travel to China next week
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 2 Hong Kong Winter Weather
- 3 Mae Hong Son Loop in three days? Or four?
- 4 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 5 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 6 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 7 Need help with Myanmar itinerary
- 8 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 9 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 10 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 11 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 12 Hotels reasonable priced near the Four Seasons
- 13 beaches in Thailand
- 14 Krabi island tours
- 15 Anatara Riverside Bangkok
- 16 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 17 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 18 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 19 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 20 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 21 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 22 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Kyushu rail pass
- 25 6 full days in Yagoon