I will be traveling to China next week and was wondering if I can get help to plan my trip.
I will be visiting Shanghai, Sanya and Beijing.
Any tips on what are "must sees" in Shanghai, Sanya and Beijing, given the limited time I have at these places (see below for details)?
I want to visit The Great wall of China from Beijing. Any recommendations on which section of the wall I should visit. I found these two sections to be easily accessible: Mutianyu Great Wall and Badaling part of the great wall.
Is this a possible itinerary?
Shanghai (2 days)
March 20: Visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower in the morning, Yuyuan Garden and Yuyuan Market in the afternoon, evening to Bund.
March 21: (No idea what to do- open for suggestions -shopping maybe?), leave Shanghai in late evening for Sanya by flight.
Sanya (4 days)
March 22- March 25: (No idea what to do- open for suggestions -maybe hit the beach!)
leave Sanya late evening on March 25 for Beijing.
Beijing (1.5 days)
March 26: Visit the Great wall (Mutianyu or Badaling) in morning, return by 2pm (hopefully), visit Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City
March 27: Visit Summer Palace in the morning, leave for airport at 1pm as my return flight to Chicago is at 4:30pm.
I don't know if I can squeeze in Lama temple or Panjiayuan market/Silk Alley Market during the time in Beijing!
Also, any recommendations for hotels in Beijing? These are the 3 that I had in mind:
1. Hilton Beijing on Dong Fang North
2. Renaissance Capital on Dongsanhuan
3. Intercontinental on Beichen West
Looking forward for some suggestions.........
Thanks and Have a nice day!
Help with last minute travel to China next week
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar River Cruises
- 2 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 3 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 4 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 5 Photos from India!
- 6 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 7 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 8 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 9 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 10 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 11 How to handle cash in Japan
- 12 Great Wall hike
- 13 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 14 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 15 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 16 Six days in Hong Kong
- 17 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 18 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 19 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 20 Storing photos while traveling
- 21 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 22 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 23 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 24 BANGKOK HOTELS
- 25 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau