I will be traveling to China next week and was wondering if I can get help to plan my trip.
I will be visiting Shanghai, Sanya and Beijing.
Any tips on what are "must sees" in Shanghai, Sanya and Beijing, given the limited time I have at these places (see below for details)?
I want to visit The Great wall of China from Beijing. Any recommendations on which section of the wall I should visit. I found these two sections to be easily accessible: Mutianyu Great Wall and Badaling part of the great wall.
Is this a possible itinerary?
Shanghai (2 days)
March 20: Visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower in the morning, Yuyuan Garden and Yuyuan Market in the afternoon, evening to Bund.
March 21: (No idea what to do- open for suggestions -shopping maybe?), leave Shanghai in late evening for Sanya by flight.
Sanya (4 days)
March 22- March 25: (No idea what to do- open for suggestions -maybe hit the beach!)
leave Sanya late evening on March 25 for Beijing.
Beijing (1.5 days)
March 26: Visit the Great wall (Mutianyu or Badaling) in morning, return by 2pm (hopefully), visit Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City
March 27: Visit Summer Palace in the morning, leave for airport at 1pm as my return flight to Chicago is at 4:30pm.
I don't know if I can squeeze in Lama temple or Panjiayuan market/Silk Alley Market during the time in Beijing!
Also, any recommendations for hotels in Beijing? These are the 3 that I had in mind:
1. Hilton Beijing on Dong Fang North
2. Renaissance Capital on Dongsanhuan
3. Intercontinental on Beichen West
Looking forward for some suggestions.........
Thanks and Have a nice day!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 3 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 4 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 5 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 6 Gutted!
- 7 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 8 5 weeks in Japan
- 9 My visit to Lao
- 10 My visit to Thailand
- 11 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 12 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 13 Family Trip to Japan
- 14 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 15 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 16 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 17 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 18 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 19 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 20 New Member
- 21 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 22 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 23 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 24 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 25 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam