I will be traveling to China next week and was wondering if I can get help to plan my trip.
I will be visiting Shanghai, Sanya and Beijing.
Any tips on what are "must sees" in Shanghai, Sanya and Beijing, given the limited time I have at these places (see below for details)?
I want to visit The Great wall of China from Beijing. Any recommendations on which section of the wall I should visit. I found these two sections to be easily accessible: Mutianyu Great Wall and Badaling part of the great wall.
Is this a possible itinerary?
Shanghai (2 days)
March 20: Visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower in the morning, Yuyuan Garden and Yuyuan Market in the afternoon, evening to Bund.
March 21: (No idea what to do- open for suggestions -shopping maybe?), leave Shanghai in late evening for Sanya by flight.
Sanya (4 days)
March 22- March 25: (No idea what to do- open for suggestions -maybe hit the beach!)
leave Sanya late evening on March 25 for Beijing.
Beijing (1.5 days)
March 26: Visit the Great wall (Mutianyu or Badaling) in morning, return by 2pm (hopefully), visit Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City
March 27: Visit Summer Palace in the morning, leave for airport at 1pm as my return flight to Chicago is at 4:30pm.
I don't know if I can squeeze in Lama temple or Panjiayuan market/Silk Alley Market during the time in Beijing!
Also, any recommendations for hotels in Beijing? These are the 3 that I had in mind:
1. Hilton Beijing on Dong Fang North
2. Renaissance Capital on Dongsanhuan
3. Intercontinental on Beichen West
Looking forward for some suggestions.........
Thanks and Have a nice day!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 2 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 3 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 4 November, March, June... Japan?
- 5 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 6 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 7 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 8 Silk Road Tour - China
- 9 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 10 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 11 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 12 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 13 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 14 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 15 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 16 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 17 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 18 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 19 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 20 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 21 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 22 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 23 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 24 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
- 25 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?