Finding lots of information on JL passes, but nothing returned in search quite was I was looking for.
Wife and I going to Japan in January, looking at a 7 day JL pass.
Right now we are headed to Kyoto on a day tip (!!! I know I know) then going a few days up to Niigita for snowboarding. Ultimately we have to end up at the Niseko station to meet up with a bunch of friends for our snowboard holiday. We are leaving from the Tokyo station for both Kyoto trip and the journey to Niseko. tthree questions before i pull the trigger on the JL pass:
1) I think taking one of these trains http://bit.ly/RRaBeV should work with the JL pass.
2) Some sites say we can't use Sleeper trains at all, others say an additional fee will apply. Which is it?
3) We're also traveling with two snowboard bags. Will there be any issues on JL with the oversize bags? extra fees? tips or tricks you might share?
thanks for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 2 2 weeks in Tokyo - Itinerary review please?
- 3 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 4 Phnom Penh during Bon Om Touk?
- 5 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 6 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 7 Christmas in the Alps
- 8 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 9 sri lanka- tips required
- 10 base bangkok or manilla
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 13 Idiotic time zone question
- 14 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 15 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 16 Mount Koya
- 17 Sometahing is wrong
- 18 Twin rooms in Japan
- 19 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 20 Change my Itinerary?
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 23 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 24 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 25 Impressions of India