Finding lots of information on JL passes, but nothing returned in search quite was I was looking for.
Wife and I going to Japan in January, looking at a 7 day JL pass.
Right now we are headed to Kyoto on a day tip (!!! I know I know) then going a few days up to Niigita for snowboarding. Ultimately we have to end up at the Niseko station to meet up with a bunch of friends for our snowboard holiday. We are leaving from the Tokyo station for both Kyoto trip and the journey to Niseko. tthree questions before i pull the trigger on the JL pass:
1) I think taking one of these trains http://bit.ly/RRaBeV should work with the JL pass.
2) Some sites say we can't use Sleeper trains at all, others say an additional fee will apply. Which is it?
3) We're also traveling with two snowboard bags. Will there be any issues on JL with the oversize bags? extra fees? tips or tricks you might share?
thanks for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 2 Bali private driver recommendation
- 3 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 4 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 5 North India Itinerary advice
- 6 The Indian money crunch.
- 7 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 8 The truth about elephant tourism
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 11 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 14 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 15 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 16 Kerala trip
- 17 E Visa for India?
- 18 1-2 months South East Asia
- 19 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 20 Help - India.
- 21 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 22 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 23 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 24 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 25 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?