Finding lots of information on JL passes, but nothing returned in search quite was I was looking for.
Wife and I going to Japan in January, looking at a 7 day JL pass.
Right now we are headed to Kyoto on a day tip (!!! I know I know) then going a few days up to Niigita for snowboarding. Ultimately we have to end up at the Niseko station to meet up with a bunch of friends for our snowboard holiday. We are leaving from the Tokyo station for both Kyoto trip and the journey to Niseko. tthree questions before i pull the trigger on the JL pass:
1) I think taking one of these trains http://bit.ly/RRaBeV should work with the JL pass.
2) Some sites say we can't use Sleeper trains at all, others say an additional fee will apply. Which is it?
3) We're also traveling with two snowboard bags. Will there be any issues on JL with the oversize bags? extra fees? tips or tricks you might share?
thanks for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 Thai Elephants
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 Sri Lanka in August
- 5 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 6 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 7 India itinerary critique please
- 8 Japan/Korea/HK
- 9 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 10 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 11 Vientiane and ??
- 12 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 13 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 14 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 15 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 16 Impressions of India
- 17 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 21 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 22 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 23 Mumbai short visit
- 24 which city should i start from first
- 25 Do not miss the variety of Indonesian cultural festivals in 2017