Finding lots of information on JL passes, but nothing returned in search quite was I was looking for.
Wife and I going to Japan in January, looking at a 7 day JL pass.
Right now we are headed to Kyoto on a day tip (!!! I know I know) then going a few days up to Niigita for snowboarding. Ultimately we have to end up at the Niseko station to meet up with a bunch of friends for our snowboard holiday. We are leaving from the Tokyo station for both Kyoto trip and the journey to Niseko. tthree questions before i pull the trigger on the JL pass:
1) I think taking one of these trains http://bit.ly/RRaBeV should work with the JL pass.
2) Some sites say we can't use Sleeper trains at all, others say an additional fee will apply. Which is it?
3) We're also traveling with two snowboard bags. Will there be any issues on JL with the oversize bags? extra fees? tips or tricks you might share?
thanks for any help you can provide!
Help with JL pass for Jan-Dec
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 2 Khao Lak
- 3 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 4 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 5 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 6 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 7 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 8 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 9 Photos from India!
- 10 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 11 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 12 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 13 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 14 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 15 Myanmar River Cruises
- 16 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 17 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 18 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 19 How to handle cash in Japan
- 20 Great Wall hike
- 21 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 22 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 23 Six days in Hong Kong
- 24 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 25 Storing photos while traveling