Finding lots of information on JL passes, but nothing returned in search quite was I was looking for.
Wife and I going to Japan in January, looking at a 7 day JL pass.
Right now we are headed to Kyoto on a day tip (!!! I know I know) then going a few days up to Niigita for snowboarding. Ultimately we have to end up at the Niseko station to meet up with a bunch of friends for our snowboard holiday. We are leaving from the Tokyo station for both Kyoto trip and the journey to Niseko. tthree questions before i pull the trigger on the JL pass:
1) I think taking one of these trains http://bit.ly/RRaBeV should work with the JL pass.
2) Some sites say we can't use Sleeper trains at all, others say an additional fee will apply. Which is it?
3) We're also traveling with two snowboard bags. Will there be any issues on JL with the oversize bags? extra fees? tips or tricks you might share?
thanks for any help you can provide!
Help with JL pass for Jan-Dec
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 2 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 3 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 4 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 5 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 6 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 7 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 8 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 9 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 10 July itinerary in Japan
- 11 India and Nepal 2014
- 12 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 13 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 14 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 15 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 16 How early do you get to get to the airport in Thailand?
- 17 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 18 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 19 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 20 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 21 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 22 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 23 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 24 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?
- 25 Where in Bali should we stay