Finding lots of information on JL passes, but nothing returned in search quite was I was looking for.
Wife and I going to Japan in January, looking at a 7 day JL pass.
Right now we are headed to Kyoto on a day tip (!!! I know I know) then going a few days up to Niigita for snowboarding. Ultimately we have to end up at the Niseko station to meet up with a bunch of friends for our snowboard holiday. We are leaving from the Tokyo station for both Kyoto trip and the journey to Niseko. tthree questions before i pull the trigger on the JL pass:
1) I think taking one of these trains http://bit.ly/RRaBeV should work with the JL pass.
2) Some sites say we can't use Sleeper trains at all, others say an additional fee will apply. Which is it?
3) We're also traveling with two snowboard bags. Will there be any issues on JL with the oversize bags? extra fees? tips or tricks you might share?
thanks for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Rookies in Japan
- 2 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 3 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 4 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 5 Taiwan in 7 days
- 6 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 9 changing left over currency
- 10 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 11 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 12 Alternative to Koyasan
- 13 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 14 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 15 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 16 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 17 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 18 Itinerary feedback please
- 19 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 20 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 21 Tokyo hotel help
- 22 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 23 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 24 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 25 Impressions of India