Finding lots of information on JL passes, but nothing returned in search quite was I was looking for.
Wife and I going to Japan in January, looking at a 7 day JL pass.
Right now we are headed to Kyoto on a day tip (!!! I know I know) then going a few days up to Niigita for snowboarding. Ultimately we have to end up at the Niseko station to meet up with a bunch of friends for our snowboard holiday. We are leaving from the Tokyo station for both Kyoto trip and the journey to Niseko. tthree questions before i pull the trigger on the JL pass:
1) I think taking one of these trains http://bit.ly/RRaBeV should work with the JL pass.
2) Some sites say we can't use Sleeper trains at all, others say an additional fee will apply. Which is it?
3) We're also traveling with two snowboard bags. Will there be any issues on JL with the oversize bags? extra fees? tips or tricks you might share?
thanks for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 2 Hoi An in December?
- 3 Dollar traveller cheques
- 4 Laundry In Vietnam
- 5 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 6 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 7 Halong Bay cruise
- 8 India help with where to go
- 9 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 10 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 11 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 12 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 13 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 14 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 15 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 16 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 17 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 18 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 19 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 20 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 21 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 22 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 23 Is this crazy?
- 24 In Seoul for one day
- 25 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!