Finding lots of information on JL passes, but nothing returned in search quite was I was looking for.
Wife and I going to Japan in January, looking at a 7 day JL pass.
Right now we are headed to Kyoto on a day tip (!!! I know I know) then going a few days up to Niigita for snowboarding. Ultimately we have to end up at the Niseko station to meet up with a bunch of friends for our snowboard holiday. We are leaving from the Tokyo station for both Kyoto trip and the journey to Niseko. tthree questions before i pull the trigger on the JL pass:
1) I think taking one of these trains http://bit.ly/RRaBeV should work with the JL pass.
2) Some sites say we can't use Sleeper trains at all, others say an additional fee will apply. Which is it?
3) We're also traveling with two snowboard bags. Will there be any issues on JL with the oversize bags? extra fees? tips or tricks you might share?
thanks for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Get a chance to WIN $100 worth of Chinese Lessons
- 2 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 3 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 4 Trust Registration
- 5 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 6 Would you weigh in on 1st-timer's rough itinerary?
- 7 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 8 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 9 where to stay in Busan
- 10 First time to India
- 11 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 12 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 13 What's on in Kyoto 4th -9th October 2017
- 14 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 15 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 16 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 17 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 18 Thai Jungle Experience
- 19 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 20 First time getting out of the country
- 21 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 22 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 23 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 24 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 25 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets