My Husband and I will be travelling to Japan for the first time this coming November 2012. We will be in the country for around 2 weeks, meeting up with a friend who lives in Tokyo (she lives just west of Shibuya, near a stop on the Keio Electric Railway), exploring the city for a few days and then moving on to other parts of Japan. I have been researching hotels in Tokyo and have come up with a few that meet our budget and have good reviews on several sites. I was wondering if anyone could comment on the selections and help me pick one.
-Citadines Tokyo Shinjuku - 10,000Yen/night ($133 Canadian) - Free Wifi In Room
-Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku - 10,300 Yen/night ($137 Canadian) - Wifi only in Lobby
-Hotel Century Southern Tower - 13,640 Yen/night ($181 Canadian) - Free Wifi in Room, bigger rooms, central but pricier than all the other options; unlikely to choose this hotel unless someone says it's really worth the extra cost
- b ikebukuro - 11,077 yen/night ($147 Canadian) - breakfast included, small rooms, only a shower (would like to be able to soak my feet due to a skin condition)
- Ryokan Sawonoya - 10,080 Yen/night ($134 Canadian) - has onsen, wifi, 5 min to subway or 15 minute to JR, not very central but more local experience
I like the idea of a Ryokan (esp. the onsen!) and a local feel, but seeing as we will most likely be visiting Kyoto on our trip, should we save this experience for there? As this is our first trip to Tokyo we will for sure want to experience some of the nightlife (a la Lost in Translation ) so would a more central location be better? I'm leaning toward the Citadines because you get a good amount of space for the money and it seems pretty close to Shinjuku Station (moderate walk or a couple subway stops). If anyone has any suggestions as to the best choice or,if I am way off in my selections, any other suggestions? Any help with making the final decision would be really helpful! Thanks very much!
(Additional Info about us if helpful: I'm 26 and my husband is 31. We don't know any Japanese yet. )
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 2 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 3 Acne Fact Sheet - Routines, Remedies And Lifestyle Changes
- 4 Japan Trip Delayed
- 5 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 6 Month long SE Asia trip
- 7 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 8 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 9 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 10 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 11 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 12 Cambodia weather
- 13 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 14 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 15 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 16 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 17 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 18 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 19 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 20 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 21 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 22 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 23 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report
- 24 Visa Question - Cambodia
- 25 first draft for Vietnam trip. Critique please