My Husband and I will be travelling to Japan for the first time this coming November 2012. We will be in the country for around 2 weeks, meeting up with a friend who lives in Tokyo (she lives just west of Shibuya, near a stop on the Keio Electric Railway), exploring the city for a few days and then moving on to other parts of Japan. I have been researching hotels in Tokyo and have come up with a few that meet our budget and have good reviews on several sites. I was wondering if anyone could comment on the selections and help me pick one.
-Citadines Tokyo Shinjuku - 10,000Yen/night ($133 Canadian) - Free Wifi In Room
-Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku - 10,300 Yen/night ($137 Canadian) - Wifi only in Lobby
-Hotel Century Southern Tower - 13,640 Yen/night ($181 Canadian) - Free Wifi in Room, bigger rooms, central but pricier than all the other options; unlikely to choose this hotel unless someone says it's really worth the extra cost
- b ikebukuro - 11,077 yen/night ($147 Canadian) - breakfast included, small rooms, only a shower (would like to be able to soak my feet due to a skin condition)
- Ryokan Sawonoya - 10,080 Yen/night ($134 Canadian) - has onsen, wifi, 5 min to subway or 15 minute to JR, not very central but more local experience
I like the idea of a Ryokan (esp. the onsen!) and a local feel, but seeing as we will most likely be visiting Kyoto on our trip, should we save this experience for there? As this is our first trip to Tokyo we will for sure want to experience some of the nightlife (a la Lost in Translation ) so would a more central location be better? I'm leaning toward the Citadines because you get a good amount of space for the money and it seems pretty close to Shinjuku Station (moderate walk or a couple subway stops). If anyone has any suggestions as to the best choice or,if I am way off in my selections, any other suggestions? Any help with making the final decision would be really helpful! Thanks very much!
(Additional Info about us if helpful: I'm 26 and my husband is 31. We don't know any Japanese yet. )
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 "necessities" for India
- 2 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 3 Four Best Sakura Sightseeing Places in Tokyo
- 4 Short trip to Myanmar
- 5 ATMs in Japan
- 6 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 7 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 8 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 9 50th Anniversary trip
- 10 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 11 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 12 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 13 Mandalay questions
- 14 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 15 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 16 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 17 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 18 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 19 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 20 Help - India take 2
- 21 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 22 CNX late arrival?
- 23 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 24 best singapore hotel
- 25 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?