My husband and I are planning a trip to Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam in May/June. We will have approximately 25 days on the ground. We are planning to fly into and out of Bangkok. Our tentative itinerary is to travel from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai to Siem Reap, Siem Reap to Danang, Danang to Ko Samui, and Ko Samui back to Bangkok. I am trying to figure out flights/travel between each of these destinations. We have a couple of questions:
1. Any suggestions for airlines between these destinations?
2. Do you suggest booking in advance or is it best to book once we get to SE Asia? I have heard it's cheaper to book once we get there. Is this doable or will it be hard to get flights?
3. Flights on the internet from Cambodia to Siem Reap seem expensive. Is it normally expensive to fly to Vietnam? Is there a preferable route from Siem Reap? We are concerned about time due to our 25 days total.
Thank you all for your help!
Help with Flights Between Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 2 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 3 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 4 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 7 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 8 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 9 Myanmar - some questions
- 10 July itinerary in Japan
- 11 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 12 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 13 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 14 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 15 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 16 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 17 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 18 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 19 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 20 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 21 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 22 hokkaido outskirts
- 23 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 24 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 25 India and Nepal 2014