I leave March 23 to Japan (Narita) and arrive the 24th at about 2:30pm. I return to the US April 6 (Narita). I had the opportunity yesterday to buy my airfare at an unbelievable low price, so I took advantage of it. I have done many layovers at Narita, but never gone into Tokyo. So, when I get to Narita, as of this writing, I am essential lost. I would appreciate any advice you may give me. I want to visit the well know areas of Tokyo and Kyoto. I do not know how to divide my time between the two, perhaps half and half. I want to book my hotel reservations right away as I know this is a busy season. As far as accommodations I am not looking to be pampered. Clean, reasonable and hopefully near transportation is fine. Would it be best for me to stay outside of Kyoto and train in at this time of year? I know I will have to backtrack to fly out of Narita, but that is okay. I typically spend my last night by the airport if I can so leaving is not too rushed nor hectic. Maybe I should visit Kyoto area first then Tokyo? Should I consider day trips?
Your help and direction from area to base out of, lodging, transportation (rail pass), whatever is really much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 2 Japan for Foodies
- 3 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 4 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 5 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 6 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 7 Singapore weather in August/September
- 8 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 9 One night in Osaka
- 10 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 11 First time going abroad
- 12 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 13 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 14 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 15 Backpacking on a budget
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 18 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 19 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 20 electric plug
- 21 Day trips from Sapporo
- 22 Etiquette in Japan
- 23 Northern Thailand Options
- 24 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 25 Bhutan travel operator and number of days