I leave March 23 to Japan (Narita) and arrive the 24th at about 2:30pm. I return to the US April 6 (Narita). I had the opportunity yesterday to buy my airfare at an unbelievable low price, so I took advantage of it. I have done many layovers at Narita, but never gone into Tokyo. So, when I get to Narita, as of this writing, I am essential lost. I would appreciate any advice you may give me. I want to visit the well know areas of Tokyo and Kyoto. I do not know how to divide my time between the two, perhaps half and half. I want to book my hotel reservations right away as I know this is a busy season. As far as accommodations I am not looking to be pampered. Clean, reasonable and hopefully near transportation is fine. Would it be best for me to stay outside of Kyoto and train in at this time of year? I know I will have to backtrack to fly out of Narita, but that is okay. I typically spend my last night by the airport if I can so leaving is not too rushed nor hectic. Maybe I should visit Kyoto area first then Tokyo? Should I consider day trips?
Your help and direction from area to base out of, lodging, transportation (rail pass), whatever is really much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 2 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 3 Trip Report : China
- 4 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 5 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 6 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 7 Japan itinerary advice
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Other than Kyoto?
- 10 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 11 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 12 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 13 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 14 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 15 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 16 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 17 Beijing tours
- 18 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 19 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 20 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 21 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 24 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 25 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area