I leave March 23 to Japan (Narita) and arrive the 24th at about 2:30pm. I return to the US April 6 (Narita). I had the opportunity yesterday to buy my airfare at an unbelievable low price, so I took advantage of it. I have done many layovers at Narita, but never gone into Tokyo. So, when I get to Narita, as of this writing, I am essential lost. I would appreciate any advice you may give me. I want to visit the well know areas of Tokyo and Kyoto. I do not know how to divide my time between the two, perhaps half and half. I want to book my hotel reservations right away as I know this is a busy season. As far as accommodations I am not looking to be pampered. Clean, reasonable and hopefully near transportation is fine. Would it be best for me to stay outside of Kyoto and train in at this time of year? I know I will have to backtrack to fly out of Narita, but that is okay. I typically spend my last night by the airport if I can so leaving is not too rushed nor hectic. Maybe I should visit Kyoto area first then Tokyo? Should I consider day trips?
Your help and direction from area to base out of, lodging, transportation (rail pass), whatever is really much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 LEXMARK 1800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ LEXMARK printer TEC*h 24/7??
- 2 India help needed
- 3 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 4 Hotel Chang Mai
- 5 Beach hotel Thailand
- 6 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 7 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 8 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 10 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 11 Sim cards and adaptors
- 12 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 13 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 14 Sri Lanka Visa
- 15 Hoi Ann hotel
- 16 Hotel in Hanoi
- 17 Place to stay Hue
- 18 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 19 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 20 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 21 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 22 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 23 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 24 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 25 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan