My husband and I are looking to take a trip to South East Asia for the first time in February 2016. We would be flying from San Francisco and looking to hit up a few cities over a few weeks.
- February 7 - 13 - Hong Kong (to celebrate Chinese New Year)
- Feb 13 - 19 - Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh and hoping to see Nha Trang or a nearby beach town while we are there)
- Feb 19 - 24 - Thailand (hoping to do Bangkok and a nearby beach town as well, celebrating our one year wedding anniversary on Feb 22)
- Does this itinerary seem realistic in terms of timing? We haven't booked anything yet so are completely flexible.
- Are we better off booking a round trip flight for Hong Kong (flights are only showing up as $685 USD right now) and traveling one way in between, or doing multi city flights (total is around $1600 USD according to kayak).
- We are looking for a travel agent to help us book our flights - any good recommendations?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 2 where to stay in Busan
- 3 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 4 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 5 First time to India
- 6 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 7 Thai Jungle Experience
- 8 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 9 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 10 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 11 First time getting out of the country
- 12 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 13 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 14 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 15 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 16 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 17 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 18 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 19 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 20 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 21 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 22 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 23 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 24 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 25 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc