I am travelling to Malaysia in July with my wife & 2 children - 18 & 16. Starting off with 4 days in Georgetown , then 2 days in KL , then 12 days in Borneo - climbing Mount Kinabalu , Orangutans , Turtles etc .
I wanted to end the holiday on a beach . I understand the east coast will be better at this time of year but I am struggling to find which beach / Island would be best . We all agree on a great beach & my wife & I want some relaxation but kids want to be near some nice bars for the evening .
We'd prefer not to have to take too long to travel there from Kota Kinabalu & as I'll be paying for 2 rooms probably can't afford the really plush 5 star accomodation so would like to keep it ideally to about $100 dollars a room though could stretch to a bit more .
Can anyone suggest which Island would be best & any help or suggestions on accomodation .
Thanks for any help
Help with beach time in Malaysia
- 1 which street food tour in Hanoi?
- 2 3 countries 3 1/2 weeks
- 3 Thursdaysd's South Asian Sojourn
- 4 By Sea -Diu to Daman
- 5 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 6 Off on a Bangkok holiday once again!
- 7 ...or maybe India?
- 8 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 9 Medical Evacuation Insurance
- 10 Looking for help to plan trip to Vietnam
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 SALAY from BAGAN
- 13 Anyone in Bangkok
- 14 Taking cash to Burma/Myanmar
- 15 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 16 India Visa
- 17 Bangkok in 3 days?
- 18 1st Time to Japan - 14 Day Itinerary for May - Your Feedback Appreciated!!
- 19 I miss Mongolia
- 20 Vietnam Itineray Please Help
- 21 Vietnam money
- 22 BANGKOK - Where My Travel Luck Ran Out
- 23 OUR SEASIA Odyssey
- 24 India in November
- 25 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau