I am travelling to Malaysia in July with my wife & 2 children - 18 & 16. Starting off with 4 days in Georgetown , then 2 days in KL , then 12 days in Borneo - climbing Mount Kinabalu , Orangutans , Turtles etc .
I wanted to end the holiday on a beach . I understand the east coast will be better at this time of year but I am struggling to find which beach / Island would be best . We all agree on a great beach & my wife & I want some relaxation but kids want to be near some nice bars for the evening .
We'd prefer not to have to take too long to travel there from Kota Kinabalu & as I'll be paying for 2 rooms probably can't afford the really plush 5 star accomodation so would like to keep it ideally to about $100 dollars a room though could stretch to a bit more .
Can anyone suggest which Island would be best & any help or suggestions on accomodation .
Thanks for any help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 2 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 3 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 4 Most Attractive love spell caster +27730811051 in Australua kuwait Qatar
- 5 Money problem when Cruising different countries in Asia
- 6 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 7 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 8 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 9 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 10 New Member
- 11 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 12 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 13 Bangkok
- 14 5 weeks in Japan
- 15 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 16 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 17 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 18 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 19 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 21 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 22 Lodge in Borneo
- 23 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 24 China and Japan help
- 25 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014