I am travelling to Malaysia in July with my wife & 2 children - 18 & 16. Starting off with 4 days in Georgetown , then 2 days in KL , then 12 days in Borneo - climbing Mount Kinabalu , Orangutans , Turtles etc .
I wanted to end the holiday on a beach . I understand the east coast will be better at this time of year but I am struggling to find which beach / Island would be best . We all agree on a great beach & my wife & I want some relaxation but kids want to be near some nice bars for the evening .
We'd prefer not to have to take too long to travel there from Kota Kinabalu & as I'll be paying for 2 rooms probably can't afford the really plush 5 star accomodation so would like to keep it ideally to about $100 dollars a room though could stretch to a bit more .
Can anyone suggest which Island would be best & any help or suggestions on accomodation .
Thanks for any help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy Ielts certificates, Buy Passport, Buy Visa, Buy Driving Licence
- 2 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 3 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 4 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 7 Magical India
- 8 India itinerary critique please
- 9 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 10 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 11 Vientiane and ??
- 12 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 13 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 14 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 15 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 16 Himachal Pradesh
- 17 Luggage size China ?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 Thai Elephants
- 20 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 21 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 22 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 23 Sri Lanka in August
- 24 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 25 Japan/Korea/HK