I am travelling to Malaysia in July with my wife & 2 children - 18 & 16. Starting off with 4 days in Georgetown , then 2 days in KL , then 12 days in Borneo - climbing Mount Kinabalu , Orangutans , Turtles etc .
I wanted to end the holiday on a beach . I understand the east coast will be better at this time of year but I am struggling to find which beach / Island would be best . We all agree on a great beach & my wife & I want some relaxation but kids want to be near some nice bars for the evening .
We'd prefer not to have to take too long to travel there from Kota Kinabalu & as I'll be paying for 2 rooms probably can't afford the really plush 5 star accomodation so would like to keep it ideally to about $100 dollars a room though could stretch to a bit more .
Can anyone suggest which Island would be best & any help or suggestions on accomodation .
Thanks for any help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Road Scholar tour in China
- 2 Bali - What to do?
- 3 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 4 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 5 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 6 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 7 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 8 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 9 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 10 Being customs
- 11 Itinerary feedback please
- 12 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 13 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 14 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 15 Tips in Myanmar
- 16 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 17 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 18 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 19 myanmar
- 20 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 21 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 22 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 23 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 24 A beach of choice on Samui
- 25 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing