I have just started to try and put together a 21 day trip to vietnam and thailand and I am very confused at the moment. There are two of us travelling (29 yr olds!!) and we really like exploring new places, museums, day tours etc. No hiking or long treks!! I have a few places that i would like to see but I am wondering if I am trying to fit in too much. The main places are Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui and Bangkok. We have to visit Koh Samui and Bangkok second to last and last as we will be meeting friends so 9/10 days will be for those two. I had thought about 3 days (2 nights) Ho Chi Minh fly to Hanoi 2nights, halong bay two night cruise back to hanoi to fly to chiang mai (i dont know if this can be done without flying to Bangkok) 3 days and then on to Koh Samui. Even as I write this it looks like it may be too much. I am planning on travelling late april 2014. If people could give me a bit more direction with the itinerary I would be eternally grateful. All suggestions welcome as I am a complete beginner here!!!!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 4 sri lanka- tips required
- 5 base bangkok or manilla
- 6 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 9 Idiotic time zone question
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 12 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 13 Mount Koya
- 14 Sometahing is wrong
- 15 Twin rooms in Japan
- 16 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 17 Change my Itinerary?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week