I have just started to try and put together a 21 day trip to vietnam and thailand and I am very confused at the moment. There are two of us travelling (29 yr olds!!) and we really like exploring new places, museums, day tours etc. No hiking or long treks!! I have a few places that i would like to see but I am wondering if I am trying to fit in too much. The main places are Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui and Bangkok. We have to visit Koh Samui and Bangkok second to last and last as we will be meeting friends so 9/10 days will be for those two. I had thought about 3 days (2 nights) Ho Chi Minh fly to Hanoi 2nights, halong bay two night cruise back to hanoi to fly to chiang mai (i dont know if this can be done without flying to Bangkok) 3 days and then on to Koh Samui. Even as I write this it looks like it may be too much. I am planning on travelling late april 2014. If people could give me a bit more direction with the itinerary I would be eternally grateful. All suggestions welcome as I am a complete beginner here!!!!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 One night in Osaka
- 4 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 5 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 6 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 7 Japan for Foodies
- 8 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 9 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 10 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 11 Singapore weather in August/September
- 12 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 13 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 14 First time going abroad
- 15 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 16 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 17 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 18 Backpacking on a budget
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 21 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 22 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 23 electric plug
- 24 Day trips from Sapporo
- 25 Etiquette in Japan