I have just started to try and put together a 21 day trip to vietnam and thailand and I am very confused at the moment. There are two of us travelling (29 yr olds!!) and we really like exploring new places, museums, day tours etc. No hiking or long treks!! I have a few places that i would like to see but I am wondering if I am trying to fit in too much. The main places are Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui and Bangkok. We have to visit Koh Samui and Bangkok second to last and last as we will be meeting friends so 9/10 days will be for those two. I had thought about 3 days (2 nights) Ho Chi Minh fly to Hanoi 2nights, halong bay two night cruise back to hanoi to fly to chiang mai (i dont know if this can be done without flying to Bangkok) 3 days and then on to Koh Samui. Even as I write this it looks like it may be too much. I am planning on travelling late april 2014. If people could give me a bit more direction with the itinerary I would be eternally grateful. All suggestions welcome as I am a complete beginner here!!!!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 2 Passport
- 3 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 4 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 5 Japan Itinerary
- 6 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 7 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 8 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 9 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 10 Toddler twin travel in India
- 11 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 12 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 13 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 14 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 15 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 16 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 17 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 18 Amakusa island help
- 19 Japan Trip Delayed
- 20 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 21 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 22 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 23 Month long SE Asia trip
- 24 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 25 Cambodia weather