I have just started to try and put together a 21 day trip to vietnam and thailand and I am very confused at the moment. There are two of us travelling (29 yr olds!!) and we really like exploring new places, museums, day tours etc. No hiking or long treks!! I have a few places that i would like to see but I am wondering if I am trying to fit in too much. The main places are Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui and Bangkok. We have to visit Koh Samui and Bangkok second to last and last as we will be meeting friends so 9/10 days will be for those two. I had thought about 3 days (2 nights) Ho Chi Minh fly to Hanoi 2nights, halong bay two night cruise back to hanoi to fly to chiang mai (i dont know if this can be done without flying to Bangkok) 3 days and then on to Koh Samui. Even as I write this it looks like it may be too much. I am planning on travelling late april 2014. If people could give me a bit more direction with the itinerary I would be eternally grateful. All suggestions welcome as I am a complete beginner here!!!!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 2 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 3 South Korea for Chuseok
- 4 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 5 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 6 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 7 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 8 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 9 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 10 Tokyo hotel help
- 11 Bali - What to do?
- 12 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 13 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 14 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 15 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 16 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 17 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 18 Private tours in Northern India
- 19 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 20 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 21 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 22 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 23 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 24 Vietnam visa
- 25 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?